Quarterback Steve "Air" McNair Dead

tycoon

Tenn. never won a Super Bowl. They lost to the Rams in the longest yard.

One source is also saying murder-suicide. Not good.

LOL shit your right :P

I heard the name and for some reason pictured him on a Madden game cover...I swear there was a Titan on a Madden cover lol hmmm

This is a fucking CSI plot of a case. Just...stunning. I mean, I have specific reminders of the first truly memorable Super Bowl I had ever seen. My memories were of 30, which was a squash, 33, which was also a squash, and then the Rams/Titans Super Bowl with the one yard short play. So once again, it's kind of disturbing to see another guy which I have specific memories of being killed in a case of 1. poor timing and 2. simple bloodshed.

RIP.

Wouldn't say I worshiped McNair, but had a respect for what he did as a quarterback. Always pictured him as one of those guys who was really good, but was always looking for one final breakthrough to get back to the top in the league. With that being said, it really is sad to see someone who could've had that "one more" type chance, but never was really given the full opportunity.

R.I.P. Steve McNair - May the air be yours up in heaven.

As a Titans fan I can honestly say I was a big McNair fan. He's probably in the list for my top ten favorite athletes of all time. Just loved the way he went about his business, never whined or bitched or moaned or cried for attention like so many big players in the NFL do these days, and did most of this while being injured pretty much his entire career.

RIP

EDIT: And it wasn't confirmed to be McNair's wife. ESPN's Chris Mortensen actually confirmed it to NOT be his wife.

Edited by KeepinThatFunkAliveV4

Just sad. McNair was definitely one of my favorite QB's of the modern NFL. I rooted so hard for him and the Titans to beat the Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV. Just a horrible few weeks + when it comes to famous/notable person deaths. :(

RIP Steve McNair

1973-2009

Edited by Magus978

The girl with him wasn't his wife, but a 20 year old girl oddly enough who was arrested a couple of days ago and was charged with a DUI. McNair was a passenger in the car when she was pulled over. Odds are she murdered him and then killed herself. It's horrible though, McNair was awesome and pulled off one of the best Super Bowl drives in history, although he couldn't score again. That was my most memorable moment when it comes to me watching football.

R.I.P. Steve.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Titans, but McNair was a hell of a QB. I think he was the ideal example of a QB who could both pass and scramble remarkably well. Kind of like a modern-day Cunningham.

Death was ruled a homicide.

Update at 4 p.m. ET. Police rule McNair's death a homicide. The AP now reports that:

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's shooting death was a homicide, police said Sunday, but authorities stopped short of saying it was a murder-suicide committed by the 20-year-old girlfriend found dead by his side.

McNair, 36, was shot four times, twice in the head, by a semiautomatic pistol, Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said. The woman, Sahel Kazemi, was killed by a single gunshot wound and the pistol was found under her body, Aaron said.

Police said they need to do more interviews with friends of Kazemi and McNair before they rule on whether her death was a suicide, Aaron said.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/0...l_death_of.html

I love the Titans, have since I was a little kid. Steve McNair is my all time favorite quarterback, and I was stunned to hear the news. I'm still a little bit in shock.

Now, Eddie George better live to be like 200 to balance this out.

Anyway, RIP Steve McNair.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad sad day for the Nashville comunity. Being from the area I was shocked when I heard about it.

R.I.P. Steve "Air" McNair

LOL shit your right :P

I heard the name and for some reason pictured him on a Madden game cover...I swear there was a Titan on a Madden cover lol hmmm

There was. Vince Young.

Also Eddie George was on the Cover of either 2000 or 2002 i forget which.