If the answer is Starship Troopers...

Zaz

I have that boxset, it's awesome just for the cards you get with "Would You Like To Know More?" and "We Need Heroes" written on them.

Plus Starship Troopers 3 isn't half bad. Two wasn't really anything I'd ever watch again, but Three was as good a sequel as you could hope for with such a low budget. Starship Troopers was never really a fantastic film, but it's a really fun film. It's a lot of cliche's and simple stories that are done awesomely. Plus Neil Patrick Harris.

I think i have never seen the second movie. I guss i can remember the third one, it felt like a good episode of outer limits.

DON'T WATCH THE SECOND MOVIE!

Seriously, the second Starship Troopers is so terrible I can't even begin to descibe it. Everyone that is a fan of the first movie and hasn't seen the second, just skip right over it. You'll thank me.

Yeah, the author of the original Starship Troopers book, Robert A. Heinlein, was a raging militarist-fascist, and whereas Verhoeven clearly made the film a satire of a totalitarian militaristic society, Heinlein was totally serious in his original novel.

Well, yes and no. Heinlein was a libertarian first and foremost, adhering to the overriding rule of individualism and individual independence first and foremost. His works run a whole gamut on the political scale, and I personally found the novel "Starship Troopers" as a far-flung shot at both facism and communism. I was exponentially enraged by the time I finished the novel, at which point I was ready to concede that Heinlein did a good job of vilifying facism in his work. The bugs, on the other hand, can be contended as having been a stab at communism, and more reasonably as a stab at communism being somehow viable to human beings, us being the selfish bastards we are. If you want something to enrage about, read "Farnham's Freehold" or "Sixth Column" which really do paint Heinlein as a sick racist fuck. I know I was astounded by the end of "Freehold" just how much he decided to put on print there.