It definitely fulfils all the criteria:

• Boobies
  • Limbs flying all over the place
  • Neil Patrick Harris
  • Corny dialogue
  • Sending up '50s gung ho Americanism'
  • Women drivers (in this case pilots) being terrible and crashing into things

Name me one movie that does all this >_>

Yes! What a ridiculously awesome movie. Its somewhere in my top ten movies but I haven't gotten around to watching it in a while. I'd have to give it another watch sometime soon.

Wassent the guy that wrote this a Nazi? :unsure:

...No.

The whole movie is satire against a fascist state so being a Nazi wouldn't make a damn lot of sense, as a lot of the satirical points on fascism in the movie...kind of apply to Nazism. (Namely the "killing a lot of bugs by first striking and starting a war out of pure maniacal desire to conquer" part.)

Oh and Dina Meyer's breasts were great.

Edited by ROC

He also made Basic Instinct and Showgirls. Three out of four.....

Plus Hollow Man and Total Recall....hmmm 4.5 from 6

EDIT: And Robert Heinlein isn't a nazi to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by Troy Maskell

...No.

The whole movie is satire against a fascist state so being a Nazi wouldn't make a damn lot of sense, as a lot of the satirical points on fascism in the movie...kind of apply to Nazism. (Namely the "killing a lot of bugs by first striking and starting a war out of pure maniacal desire to conquer" part.)

Yes, but the guy that wrote the book was suposedly called a fashist. I remember that being a big deal in germany, the movie even got disalowed to be publicly advertised (even though the official reason for that was the violence).

I can remember trieing to sneak into the cinema for this movie, people got realy angry wen they found us. (wassent 18 at the time)

Yeah, the author of the original Starship Troopers book, Robert A. Heinlein, was a raging militarist-fascist, and whereas Verhoeven clearly made the film a satire of a totalitarian militaristic society, Heinlein was totally serious in his original novel.

...No.

I can remember trieing to sneak into the cinema for this movie, people got realy angry wen they found us. (wassent 18 at the time)

And you don't think that might have more to do with you trying to sneak into a film you weren't old enough to see. >_>

Yeah, the author of the original Starship Troopers book, Robert A. Heinlein, was a raging militarist-fascist, and whereas Verhoeven clearly made the film a satire of a totalitarian militaristic society, Heinlein was totally serious in his original novel.

Actually Verhoeven does mention that a lot in the audio commentary.

He did kill the wrong girl though