Crybaby Bunting

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get any of the Beatles Remasters?

• I'm getting both boxsets
    • I might get one boxset
    • I'm getting most of the albums
    • I'm getting one or two albums
    • I'll just download them illegally to replace the shoddy origonals
    • No. I don't want to get any of them.
    • What remasters?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think these remasters have been better for Ringo than anyone else. You can actually hear the drums now. >_>

edit: There is like twice as much going on in 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' than I was previously aware of. I love it.

There is distortion in Here Comes The Sun! :o

Oh and this might become one of the great clichés of our time but I can't wait to listen to 'A Day In The Life' remastered. It will be amazing!

'Because' is at least 100,000 times better.

I could go on forever...it's all better.

You Never Give Me Your Money is unrecognisable. In a good way.

Honestly, a lot of these layers I've always heard because I'll go out of my way to focus on minor things after listening to a song a million times. But I love how much clearer the bass and the drums are on "You Never Give Me Your Money," it really does provide a better presentation of the band as a whole whereas on the original CD it tended to only showcase one or two of the instruments per song and you had to really focus to hear the others.

I Saw Her Standing There is so much better. I wasn't sure the effects would be as great for their earlier releases but it's really fantastic.

:o I had honestly never noticed sea effects in Yellow Submarine before. And the backwards solo bit in I'm Only Sleeping sounds wonderful. And She Said She Said is LOUD. Seriously.

First 100% "oh, huh" moment; Ringo's drumming on "Polythene Pam." I never noticed it before but it's fucking great, it sounds like a real divergence from his usual fondness of using a basic pattern and just experimenting with fill-ins and little tweaks to it.

First I was pissed off at how little difference there was from the original CD versions and these, just slightly louder.

Then I realised that I'd downloaded a fake version >_<

But yeah, I'll likely find another 'version' before deciding whether to splash my cash on £150+ worth of CDs

First I was pissed off at how little difference there was from the original CD versions and these, just slightly louder.

Then I realised that I'd downloaded a fake version >_<

But yeah, I'll likely find another 'version' before deciding whether to splash my cash on £150+ worth of CDs

Is it the one uploaded by SIRE? I've downloaded the same, and it just sounds louder to me.

I think that's the one. I think he's uploaded the 1995 remasters, which is why they sound the same as the original CD versions but only slightly louder.

Plus he pimped his website in the artwork and the music info boxes... so there's probably a good chance that he's trolling us all for free advertisement.

At least you didn't download them all. :(

The search continues...

There is a guy at my uni who is a massive Beatles nerd. So much so that he bought Rock Band at 9am this morning. I am hoping that he will buy the remasters(which is a definite) and then I can copy them from him when he goes to uni.

Actually, I hope to have got them before that.

Guest Ringmaster

They're really easy to find if you're a snobby elitist. Just think of the major snobby, pretentious music blogs and they're on one of the two big ones in STEREO and MONO, being trolled by people going "The Beatles were poo, they were the NSYNC of the 60s!"

Come on metalman. You can find them, I believe in you!

Apple records must have struck up a deal with some torrent sites or something, there is NO WAY that not a single album has leaked two days after release, least not one of the most popular bands in the world. Either that or absolutely everyone has fell for the SiRE uploads and cba uploading the files themselves.

Yeah I know about some SPOT from people who BLOG but haven't been able to find any good quality versions ¬_¬

Edited by The General

I've so far listened to Let It Be and Sgt. Peppers. The quality is just mind-blowing. I'd say highlights so far have been 'Good Morning, Good Morning', 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds', 'Dig A Pony', 'I Me Mine' and 'The Long and Winding Road'. It just sounds beautiful.

Is there really that much difference between the two regarding Sgt. Peppers? Or have I been successfully trolled by uploaders for three days running?

EDIT: I'm speechless, someone has uploaded the original remasters saying that they'll be harder to find now that the new ones are out >_<

I'm on the verge of asking for a PM, but I know the only link I'll get it for Amazon.co.uk ¬_¬

Besides it should surely leak by the end of the week... shouldn't it?

Edited by The General