Pick your own Battle Royale survivors

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Shogo Kawada won Battle Royale but ultimately it was Shuya and Noriko who left the island as the survivors.

However, imagine now that you can rewrite the story and change those two survivors.

Choose two guys, two girls, one of each...It's up to you but you gotta pick two!

Who would you go for?

For me it's a toss up between four.

takako5jd3.jpg

th_a5681833.jpgth_d0b4f447.jpg

My heart says Hiroki Sugimura and Takako Chigusa.

Sugimura is tough but is all heart and his friendship with Chigusa is fantastic. Chigusa's short story is really well carried off and the way she fights back when Niida tries to rape her shows true determination and strength to go with her athleticism....Then her last scene with Sugimura.....Bewdiful.

th_d3cf9d9e.jpgth_df0c8d75.jpg

My leftfield awesomeness says Hirono Shimizu and of course Shinji Mimura.

Shimizu has a real tear-jerker of a death scene in the manga, especially for such a relatively early death.

Mimura is slick, athletic, computer hacking, thinks things through, gives it his best shot, and, like Sugimura is sold horribly short by the movie.

I'd have chosen Hank over Catherine. >_>

Katherine with a K. Apart from one RP where I went mad, apparently, I typed it with a C.

And, yes, Sho was COMPLETELY fucked over by the movie. But if anyone were to survive Battle Royale, I'd have to pick Mitsuko. I just love the character, and while you can't really have a villain winning...she's tragic enough to make it work >_>

Movie Canon: Mitsuko Souma and Shogo Kawada (if we can invalidate Kawada as the winner and change who wins. If not, Shinji Mimura.)

Novel/Manga Canon: Shinji Mimura and Takako Chigusa

From the film version, it'd be Mitsuko and Noriko. Mitsuko's just awesome and Noriko is lovely. I love the story between Chigusa, Hiroki and Kotohiki as well... and Mitsuko coming in at the end just perfects it.

It's been ages since I read the book, but Kiriyama is amazing in it, so much better than the random guy with a gun he is in the film. I'd probably have him survive because I love a good villain and fuck it... Noriko again because I can't possibly kill her off :( But I'll admit, I can't remember much... it's been like four years. Should really read it again, it's still my favourite book (not that I read much... at all).

Edited by Pesci