MLB Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards are my favourite team in the playoffs, They have one of the best line-ups in the league with Rolen, Pujols & Walker and a great pitching staff.

My hopes are Minnesota, Anahiem, Houston & Cards win. I think Minnesota, Boston, Houston, Cards will win. But my dream World Series from the teams in the playoffs are Minnesota & St. Louis

I hope Anahiem wins this year

Vlad Guerrero was in the pit of oblivion in Montreal and with an Anaheim win, it will show how good he really is

My 2004 pre-season World series prediction was:

Anaheim vs. Arizona (unfortunatly)

Cards are my favourite team in the playoffs, They have one of the best line-ups in the league with Rolen, Pujols & Walker and a great pitching staff.

My hopes are Minnesota, Anahiem, Houston & Cards win. I think Minnesota, Boston, Houston, Cards will win. But my dream World Series from the teams in the playoffs are Minnesota & St. Louis

Guest Bluesman

Yea bitches, we tied it up...dammit though, we got screwed on that Koskie drive.

I had a feeling something was going to happen when Jones got to first on that strikeout.

Guest Bluesman

You have to give Joe Morgan credit...he managed to call the game with his head buried in Jeter's jock. If Jeter took a big shit in center field Morgan would gush about how he was a team player first, that was how you win games, and that it smells like babies and fresh flowers. Although he did have a hard time seeing, because as he was bragging up Jeter and how he knows how to win, he managed to not notice Jacque Jones really didn't fire a shot to home plate. If Jones actually puts something into his throw, Jeter is out by a mile. Of course I'm sure Morgan would find some way to talk up Jeter.

I think Gardy's biggest problem wasn't so much leaving Nathan in, but not having anyone to warm up once he started throwing 45 straight balls. He had to know it was risky, and really should have had someone warming up. They blew a big chance to put the Yankees in the coffin, especially after stealing momentum (tieing off Rivera, bullpen dominance, Hunter's homer).

I sat there, mouth agape, watching that "throw" home from Jones.

What in the blue fuck was that?

He can't get a throw from under 20 feet from the fucking infield dirt to home plate? He needs a RELAY MAN for that?!

That, and Gardenhire leaving Nathan in for THREE GOD DAMN INNINGS was what cost the Twins, no doubt.

Fuckers.

Damn it! Yankees winning is like getting kicked in the nuts. I hate them and on top of that I like the Twins. At least Santana will start again in this series so the Twins will win 2 games for sure. If only someone else could pitch well. My hat goes off to Joe Nathan. He showed guts trying to go 3 innings, great job Joe you just ran out of gas.

As for the BoSox, they've got this series won. John Lackey, Ramon Ortiz, pfff... Kelvim, LMAO, Escobar? Angles are screwed because they don't have the starting pitching to win.

I like the Astros, Clemens showed a lot of character yesterday being able to shut down the Braves to spite 6 walks. Oswalt is up next and he will own the Braves. 2-0 going back to Houston.

Cards/Dodgers I really couldn't care less about. I'm not a huge fan of either team but I do like my Canadian boy Larry Walker!

Gardenhire gave that game away, pure and simple. First, he shouldn't of brought Nathan in untill he had the lead IMO, when your on the road, thats a luxury you have in extra innings

Then when your closer has only gone more than two innings once, you do not leave him in for a third. Especially considering he threw so many pitches in the 11th

Yankees fans win one game and they think it's already all over. You know someone, even the Twins, can win two more?

As for the bad Angels pitching coming up: Can you say Bronson Arroyo and Tim Wakefield? It's not bad, but it's not all that great either. Here's to the Sox getting rid of the Angels tonight.

Go Sox .... and for the next few days, The Twins.

I thought once Vlad hit the Slam it was the Angels' night, but they choked this one away too. I can't believe they blew that late season hot streak in a sweep. Hell, Oakland could have at least won a game before getting knocked out in the first round to preserve their annual tradition <_<