Gaby's Going Crazy...

Gabriel

OMFG!!! THIS ROXORZ!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was told that I could have as many games on pre-order as I want, and also that if I brought them back within two weeks, I'd get my money back in the form of store credits.

So what did I do? I've put $25 down on SmackDown Vs RAW, which is priced at $49.99 (yes, I double checked) and due out in November...and then put $5 more down on Predator: Concrete Jungle, which is priced at $59.99, and due out in October.

This fucking rocks.

Gaby will be pre-ordering games like it's nobody's business.

Its mostly just the satisfaction that you have a copy ready for you. I mean some games, you don't have to pre-order, but one game that comes to mind in recent times that you had to pre-order:

Tales of Symphonia.

That game was extremely hard to find, since Namco undershipped. Basically, the odds of undershipping are slim, but the fact that you have a copy waiting for you is a nice thought.

And RDB, there is no difference, he just wanted to start a topic about pre-ordering games.

Edited by Blaze N Amaze

When the UK still had EB (They took over Game but have now just become Game, and Game's a fucking rip off, you can't even get vouchers when you trade in games, you have to get your money's worth there and then or you lose it :angry:) when you pre-ordered you got additional loyalty points on your card (You have to buy those now in Game, in EB you got them given for free, £3 for a fucking purple card). I got 2000 for pre-ordering PES. Which works out at about £2. Then when I bought it I got another £2 (New purchase). I remember that year I got £20 back, goodness knows how much I spent in there. I miss EB :(

When the UK still had EB (They took over Game but have now just become Game, and Game's a fucking rip off, you can't even get vouchers when you trade in games, you have to get your money's worth there and then or you lose it :angry:) when you pre-ordered you got additional loyalty points on your card (You have to buy those now in Game, in EB you got them given for free, £3 for a fucking purple card). I got 2000 for pre-ordering PES. Which works out at about £2. Then when I bought it I got another £2 (New purchase). I remember that year I got £20 back, goodness knows how much I spent in there. I miss EB :(

Indeed. I don't buy my games from Game anymore. I get them all from play.com.

I normally buy from a cheap shop in my area. But sometimes when they have special offers on I pop into Game and have a look. I exploited one of their offers. I bought Pandora Tomorrow for £35 and got Ranbow Six 3 for free, but with any purchase you can get Transformers on the PS2 (Only thing it's on) so I got that for my bro for £20 and I got Transformers the Movie for free (Which was worth thr £55 on its own). I went out with £80 looking to get myself some new Vans (My old ones are falling apart due to excessive Summer skating) but I settled for some 60% off, £22 Airwalks. See, i'm good for bargains :shifty:

90% of the time, I take games back within a week of buying them, so the only reason I don't go to Game anymore is because they make you sign all of this shit which takes ages to do, and is a real hassle.

You have to buy those now in Game, in EB you got them given for free, £3 for a fucking purple card

This is another thing I hate about Game. Every single time I buy something its "Do you have a loyalty card?" and every single time its "No".

Thats the whole reason I hate Game - Its such a fucking hassle there. Even trading in games takes you up to 10mins because you have to sign even more shit.

90% of the time, I take games back within a week of buying them, so the only reason I don't go to Game anymore is because they make you sign all of this shit which takes ages to do, and is a real hassle.

Really? Go in pay money walk out with game. I've never had any hassle... The best place to go is actually the supermarkets but thats another topic altogether.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered was Vice City. Think that was at a EB. I'll be doing the same for San Andreas pretty soon though.

Those loyalty cards are a pain in the ass though. I had one through GameStop last year, and I got a bunch of used 64 shit cheap. But I was at a EB-affiliated store last weekend. I saw a mag with the cover story as San Andreas. I buy it, and the guy's doing his job trying to get me to sign up for the card and 10 more mags for $10. I didn't bother that time.