COD MW2

Okay so fuck the person who thought it'd be a good idea to have you go up against four juggernauts at once, with one of them appearing BEHIND you.

And you're armed with nothing but an RPG and a knife. And thats only on regular!

One of you need to hunt down the man who designed this hellish nightmare. I will pay cold hard cash for his still beating heart.

Alpha and Bravo are laughable compared to Delta and Echo.

And no, in campaign mode the enemies do not respawn. Which makes it less difficult than COD4 and thus more frustrating that I've hit the wall on Spec Ops.

It's not Call of Duty on Veteran unless you're trying to manipulate the game into advancing and giving you a checkpoint by running through the level rather than trying to kill people.

I played this game for the first time yesterday at this chick's apartment. We smoked a lot of weed mind you, but I really think this game is pretty fucked up. I'm not talking about the gameplay, but just how all these little kids are playing as soldiers that seem like they on fucking speed all the time, sprinting their asses around the map and just blowing everyone's head off as fast as they can, showing no fear of death because, don't worry, they'll just respawn. It's like they are just training everyone how to become the ultimate soldier.

But then again, maybe I was paranoid as shit. As for the gameplay, I didn't like the way the maps are so contrasted in color. I think it's harder to see enemies, but perhaps it was just the girl's settings on the XBOX.

There were some parts I found hard on normal mode (namely Rio, the smoke/thermal bit on the oil rig and the protect modem during data transfer), but fuck me veteran takes the piss. I'm currently on the part where you have to flee with the modem. After a few attempts of running out one of the doors, I tried going upstairs to jump a window. No can do. But it saved my checkpoint with me at the top of the stairs. :angry:

I know have to run down the stairs at the start of every life. I keep getting killed when I try pegging it across the field. The least Ghost could do was fucking help, I am on my like 20th try. :shifty::angry:

You can't just run across. If the enemies don't get you, the mortar fire will.

Take your time and pick off as many enemies as you can, there's no rush. Use the trees for cover, but if you're still struggling to get there, try to aim for the barn on the other side of the water. There's some guys from there, but it should give cover enough to pick off the stragglers before moving on.

I beat the story on Hardened, and am not looking forward to playing through on Veteran at all. The previously mentioned protecting the modem bit took me forever as it was, I'm never going to be able to do it again. :(

Online multiplayer is lots of fun as always. My only complaint is that some of the maps are just too big. I prefer the Rust level, that's absolutely tiny.

Finally did it. Instead of going through the basement (as it was blocked), I was running to the main window and jumping out, then going round the back to where the exit of the basement is. On normal I just about survived running through the middle of the field (using hay rolls and trees as temp cover), but kept getting cut down. Used the barn as you said and it was fine. Ghost must've cleared most of the guys who come up the hill with the mortars firing because I only had one to contend with.

UPDATE: Story mode now complete on veteran. Got 70% of trophies now, with only the spec-ops ones and a couple of randomers (collect all 45 intel, kill 20 people whilst in a car etc.)

Edited by TheModernWay