COD MW2

Yeah, that is the case with that mission, I read it in a review the other day.

Got an advert from Sainsburys saying it'll be £26, so will take that to Gamestation as that is local. Was out of stock today, but should have some in tomorrow apparently.

We can't match it as it's an introductory offer/special price. Not matching any of the supermarkets. Technically, we've never been allowed to as their opening prices are special offers, but we usually look the other way out of goodwill. Which means when we enforce it properly to avoid losing a shitton of money, we get really pissy customers.

Had the same thing with a Tesco's advert saying they were doing Smackdown vs Raw 2010 for 3 days at £25, and my local matched it. So, I dunno. Will have to ask.

EDIT: Did ask, and yeah, no dice. Ah well, I was looking to trade in games anyway, so it still knocks it down a fair bit.

Like I say, it's always been the policy, but we usually let it slide. The prices for MW2 were just ridiculous, they're making a loss on each copy they sell and we can't afford to do that.

I hate playing with people who aren't EWB.

Random : Those fucking campers! I fucking hate campers! Cunts! Fuck! Lets just sit here and fuck them over, the fucking fucking cunts!

Me : Good plan, but they're already in the lead.

Random : What? So?

Me : Facepalm.

• Like 2

I was playing with some kids (OMG, Ruki double account :shifty:) earlier on it and they were too busy wanking each other about how many chickens they killed in cages and how the other team was winning because "they were good at shooting".

Also, they were all "OMG WTF" whenever they got killed. Which was alot.

They broke my brain.

• Like 1

Can someone else who's beaten the game explain to me something I'm still confused about?

(and don't click out of curiosity as it's fairly massive spoilerage)

Why does Shepherd kill GazGhost and Roach? I think there was something at the end about getting more recruits or something, but that doesn't seem like any reason whatsoever to turn on us. Is there a massive bit of plot I've missed, or was it just another attempt to shock people again? >_>

Shepherd manipulated the events that led up to the escalation of the war and was covering his tracks since members of 141 knew what was really going on. He talked about losing 30,000 men and no one notice (referring to the nuke that went off in MW1). Those soldiers needed to be replaced, and his idea was to start a war. With all information of the scandal dying with Ghost and Roach, he would be regarded as a hero once the war ended. Thus a large ground of patriotic Americans would want to recruit.

Keep in mind that Shepherd could have had Makarov killed before / during the airport spree, but he let it happen to spark the war. If you listen to his early speech in the game it is foreshadowing his plans to start the war.Other clue that point to this are the many times during the game it's referenced that HQ is not being very vocal, the Navy isn't responding and that they were very eager to carpet bomb all of the capital. Possibly to kill off any of the soldiers with sensitive intel.

I just completed it, the scripted action sequences were amazing again, but the story didn't grip me as much as the first one. Still a 10/10.

Got it today at about 2pm, but couldn't play it until 9.30 because I hadn't done any of my project since last Thursday before my meeting with my lecturer tomorrow. Also, my dad was playing COD:WAW with my uncle. :shifty:

I tried going online to start but seemed to be taking ages, so did a bit of single player. Got up to and finished the airport slaughterhouse o' fun. God, it's horrible. It is actually quite disgusting. Don't get me wrong it's done really well and makes you feel like a dick for doing it.I think if I saw it in a film I wouldn't feel half as bad as "being there" in first-person view.

Though I did fail it first time as one of my cronies stepped into my spray of bullets :(

Edited by TheModernWay

Does this play better than the gigantor pile of craptastic bile that was World at War? I'm thinking of picking it up, but I don't want to waste the difference between retail and tradein if it is going to play the same as WaW.

100% better. It's not done by treyarch, it's infinity ward this go around.

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I bought this game last night. Started playing it around 7pm. "Shortly" thereafter, during the Honey Badger mission, I realised "Holy Shit, It's 9:30!"

That's the best sign I had that this game is freaking amazing. I didn't even notice that the reasonable time to have dinner had long since passed. MW2 has saved console FPS's for me after WaW nearly had me vowing never to play one again >_>

If you're playing regular it's definitely best to stab, though it takes some getting used to. If you have stopping power on you can also try firing from the hip and unloading an entire clip into them to make sure they're dead, unless they have last stand. Just gotta spend time on it and eventually practice will become habit.

Also, this game is WAY too addicting. Since getting it on Monday at midnight, I've logged in a day and a half on online multi, and that only counts when you're actually playing, not searching for games to join or the pre-game lobby. I am still debating on which account to try and prestige in, probably figure that out when I reach 70 on my KUZN RUCKUS account, which I'm currently 54 at. There are WAY too many improvements/things people will find to complain about in this game, just awesome.

I have £15 credit for GameStation.

The game is £45 there.

Is it worth me just buying it right then and now? Or should I just order it on Amazon and not waste my £15 of credit?

EDIT: Ah fuck it, it's gone back up to £44 on Amazon, might as well just get it.

Edited by The General