Brock Lesnar May Never Fight Again

Guest Mr. Potato Head

What the...? I have Crohn's and I live my life as usual, just having to go to the doctor's a few times, watching my diet, and taking some medications. I had surgery twice because of complications arising from Crohn's, and will have surgery again in January, but it ain't THAT debilitating :mellow:

Although, in Lesnar's case, if it really was Crohn's, given the fact that it leads to a person losing weight (I lost about 16 kgs in one-two months when I first contracted it) and kind of weakens the person, and also can bring other complications, such as polineuropathy, which numbs the arms and the legs and can be debilitating, yeah, I could see why his career could be in jeopardy.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat
  • Like 1

via Twitter:

Lesnar has a bacterial infection in his intestines. In stable condition, being released from hospital soon.

Also:

BISMARCK, N.D. — UFC President Dana White said Monday that heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is recovering from a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract.

"He's in stable condition and should be released soon," UFC President Dana White said.

Asked if Lesnar was in a Bismarck hospital, White said, "I think he is," but did not want to say which hospital because he wanted to protect Lesnar's privacy.

White said he is encouraging Lesnar to check into the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for further treatment. He also said he did not know if the 32-year-old South Dakota native will fight again.

"It depends on how serious this is," White said.

Bismarck's St. Alexius hospital said Lesnar was not a patient there. The other hospital in the city, Medcenter One, would not confirm or deny he was there.

Lesnar, who grew up on a dairy farm in Webster, S.D., is a former wrestler at Bismarck State College. He lives in Alexandria, Minn.

Lesnar was an NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion, and later wrestled professionally with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. He failed at a bid to play for the Minnesota Vikings.

Lesnar announced last month he was withdrawing from his Nov. 21 UFC title defense match because of an unspecified illness.

White said Monday that Lesnar wanted to thank his fans for support. But he said it's tough to tell how 6-foot-3, 265-pound Lesnar is feeling.

"He's never in good spirits and he's not in good spirits now," White said.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/2009-11-16-3190330654_x.htm

Edited by Gene Kiniski

Ha, "he's never in good spirits" sounds a lot like Lesnar. He seems like the kind of guy who can manage to be a miserable, angry guy punching holes in things on his own birthday.

• Like 3

Brock Lesnar's longtime friend and Jiu-Jitsu coach Rodrigo "Comprido" Medeiros told TMZ yesterday that Brock WILL be ready to fight again within six months.

"I can just say that the heavyweights can stop laughing and get ready to start crying because the champion will be back soon."

Lesnar is healing up following surgery to fix a hole in his intestine.

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/122588/Brock-Lesnar%5C%5Cs-Coach-Says-He-Will-Fight-Again.htm