Conan vs Leno

sahyder1

Who do you prefer?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• 1 month later...

For any US/Canadian EWBers who haven't heard the news yet: Dates and locations have officially been announced for Conan's live tour.

Already got my ticket for his Seattle show, which I think sold out because he added a second night to it (and a lot of cities, for that matter).

I can only imagine what's going to happen with Conan being at Bonnaroo for 2 days, MCing the main stage and being the headliner for the comedy tent. Curious that it's the only festival he's performing at, but Superfly probably shelled out a shitload of cash for him to be a Bonnaroo exclusive, or something. Stranger things have happened.

Andy and some of his band are supposed to be touring with him, right? I hope he brings them all to Bonnaroo, that'd be pretty fucking awesome.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, advance numbers show Leno winning his time slot with a 5.4 rating in metered market households and a rating of 2.0 among adults 18-49. That easily beat the 3.0 household rating for 'The Late Show With David Letterman' on CBS and the ABC ratings (cited by Entertainment Weekly) of 3.4 for 'Nightline' and 1.8 for 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.

What I don't understand is what people like about Jay Leno. Conan was/is ten times better than Jay Leno, yet people just don't like Conan as much as Leno. Why?

The audience that those shows target grew up with Johnny Carson and Leno is more like Carson that Letterman or Conan will ever be. The audience that drives Leno's ratings get sucked in by his monolouge after watching the late local news and usually go to bed before the first guess. Conan was the alternative at 12:30 for college kids, not to mention that I bet a lot of his audience watches The Daily Show/Colbert Report and would rather miss Conan than that block of programming.