Jerry springer?

jimmyray

New episodes of Jerry Springer are still being made? I thought they stopped in the 90's and just reaired them over and over again. It's absolute trash tv. The Steve Wilkos show on the other hand is pretty awesome, mainly because he brings the people on stage and just yells at them until its time to bring someone else out to scream at.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

Jerry Springer isn't dumb at all- it's got a very tongue-in-cheek, consistent sense of humor that depends a great deal on audience interaction. It seems dumb, and much of the humor is crass, but if you watch an episode you'll see that the show doesn't take itself seriously at all, and therein lies the comedy.

I'm American, and I'm not embarrassed by Springer. If anyone out in the world thinks that the very-much-acting guests are indicative of all Americans, they're the ones who ought to be embarrassed. The guests aren't indicative of any more than 100, 150 million Americans, tops.

• Like 3

Unsure about other countries but if you watch UK shows such as Jeremy Kyle they give the same image of the UK public as Jerry Springer does the US it wouldn't shock me to find most countries have similar type of shows where either actors go on ( a few years ago in the UK a show got into trouble when it was found they hired actors with scripts to act as guests ) or pick the very worse of the population as guests

Unsure about other countries but if you watch UK shows such as Jeremy Kyle they give the same image of the UK public as Jerry Springer does the US it wouldn't shock me to find most countries have similar type of shows where either actors go on ( a few years ago in the UK a show got into trouble when it was found they hired actors with scripts to act as guests ) or pick the very worse of the population as guests

Wasn't that Dr. Phil?

And yeah, every country has programs like that, Jerry's nothing compared to Jeremy Kyle to be honest.

Wasn't that Dr. Phil?

And yeah, every country has programs like that, Jerry's nothing compared to Jeremy Kyle to be honest.

I think it was Vanessa Feltz when she went to BBC1

1 thing I like about Jerry is at least he is honest that he is purely exploiting the ppl on his show and doesn't try to act like he cares as every other person with a show like that does when truth is none of them give a damn about anybody that has ever appeared before them and some even seem to get a kick about these ppl's lifes been ruined before their eyes

Personally, I dont find the appeal to those types of shows and find them incredibly boring/stupid. Pretty much any talk show, really. Then again, maybe I'm just pissed that FOX here decided to air some stupid Dr. Oz show from 5-6 in what is usually The Simpsons timeslot, yet they keep the Family Guy 6-7 time slot <_<

They do? Really? I've always thought of it as a Dail Mail reader yelling at a Sun reader. :shifty: And isn't it ending?

A lot of people I know talk about it and seem to think it's fantastic television. Which sometimes makes me sad about being friends with these people.

They do? Really? I've always thought of it as a Dail Mail reader yelling at a Sun reader. :shifty: And isn't it ending?

A lot of people I know talk about it and seem to think it's fantastic television. Which sometimes makes me sad about being friends with these people.

Same here, endemic of where I grew up unfortunately. I've also had a keen interest in several girls until I find out they watch this shit, to be honest how anyone can find it of any more value than a modern day freak show is beyond me, if it were animals being paraded and laughed at like that the same people would be up in arms about it. Same deal with Big Brother and most of the early rounds of X-Factor.

Personally, I dont find the appeal to those types of shows and find them incredibly boring/stupid. Pretty much any talk show, really. Then again, maybe I'm just pissed that FOX here decided to air some stupid Dr. Oz show from 5-6 in what is usually The Simpsons timeslot, yet they keep the Family Guy 6-7 time slot <_<

You want to be more depressed? The Dr. Oz Show is taping at the stage that used to house Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Jeremy Kyle can be hugely entertaining, as long as you watch it making assumptions about Jeremy Kyle's own private life the whole time, or just imagining him spending his days off driving a Land Rover into a housing estate and bellowing at the underclass.

Jerry springers show was pure class. The ugliest, skankiest people coming out trying to out-ho the other and Jerry never even said anything he just sat back and let them go at it. Jeremy Kyles gettin repetative for me. Theres only so Many bloody times i can hear a rant on contraception. Every Bloody Show! >_<