MLB 2K10 / MLB 10 The Show

Toe

The key to hitting, to me, is patience. Until there are 2 strikes against me, I will not swing unless I both guess the pitch type and the location. Also, it helps to turn down CPU strike frequency in the sliders. It makes the pitch counts more realistic.

For me, I always guess fastball unless I have two strikes. The computer pitchers tend to throw a 2 seam or 4 seam fastball about 80% of the time unless there are 2 strikes, so unless a pitcher has both a 2 and 4 seamer, you can easily guess the correct pitch. Then it's just a matter of seeing whether it's close to the zone or not, then just time it and crack it. My batting averages for my regular starters are always top 10 in the league. Which is sort of absurd, because when I started out with The Show, I couldn't hit a single to save a bus full of schoolchildren.

I always guess fastball high unless I see my batters hot zone is inside or something. I'm also better at reading the pitch when my batter is hitting from the left side of the plate. I am getting a bunch of walks with Melky Cabrera for some reason.

So, are these games finally out in the UK yet?

Been looking for a good MLB game in Europe for years, to no avail, apart from Super Mario Baseball crap.

Firstly, Mario All-Star Baseball on the Cube is a beautiful, beautiful game.

Secondly, importing is your only option, PS3 games are region-free, so you'll have trouble picking up the show. You might be SOL if you've only got a 360 though, for some reason, 2k choose to region-lock their games, which is utter bullshit, and I see no reason for it if they're not planning on releasing over here. It's the same with the likes of NCAA, I jut don't understand it.

I made a dumb trade with my Braves. Well, a smart trade, but it was unrealistic as I don't think the Padres would move Adrian Gonzalez one week into the season for one pitching prospect...

Anyways, I restarted and am now the Mets. First game sees me blast two home runs with Jason Bay. Welcome to New York!

Well I haven't played any of the older versions, period. And I'm swedish, so what the hell do I know about baseball? That's right, pretty much nothing. But after hearing about this game and all the praise it's getting, I got myself a US PSN account to be able to try out the demo, and it was really an awesome one at that. For the first few games I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but then I actually won one in overtime with a HR, so that was all kinds of brilliant.

Went back to playing as the Braves. They are my favourite team (after Toronto), so I felt bad for using the Mets.

Anyways, Chipper is the man. I'm facing the Cubs and it is a pitchers duel. Zambrano is striking out everyone, while Derek Lowe is keeping the shutout going but really struggling - he lost confidence in the sinker and I had to use the change-up way too often. Its in the sixth and Yunel Escobar gets a crappy single through the infield. One simple bunt moves him over and then Chipper walks up. Usually I try to work the count a bit, but this time I got my pitch, a fastball away, and smashed it into the corner to break the deadlock. Next inning, Derek Lowe helps himself out with a bloop RBI single to center.

After Zambrano left, it was easy and I added 3 more runs with Chipper picking up a second RBI.

I really am seeing an improvement in my ability to hit, and its making the game more and more enjoyable.

I'm so addicted to Road To The Show - since I picked up the game, I've done nothing but play it. I play at least the last game of every series.

I got drafted by Tampa Bay and played in their AA for about half a season before being shipped off to Detroit. It took me another two and a half years before I got called up to the main roster. I struggled to hit well in my first two years, but I eventually started to pick it up. After my third year with Detroit, I chose not to re-sign and headed over to Boston. I really started to play well in Boston, earning a two Silver Sluggers, two AL MVPs, and three Hank Aaron Awards. In my third year there, I even won Playoff MVP after we won the World Series.

I signed with the Phillies once my six year Red Sox contract was up. In the four years I played in Philly, I won the Silver Slugger, 2B Golden Glove, and the Hank Aaron Award every year, took home the MVP title twice, and made it to the Playoffs every year. Unfortunately, we lost in the AL Division Finals two years and lost in the World Series the other two.

I went back to Boston after my Phillie contract was up, but was traded right before the All-Star break. I now play for the Chicago Cubs, (who are currently a game behind the Astros). I'm hoping I can lead the Cubs to the World Series, which they still haven't won in 2027.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just passed the All-Star Game. Only one Brave went to the game with Martin Prado hitting above .330 with 10 HRs and over 50 RBIs. Chipper, Glaus, McCann, McClouth, and Matt Diaz all JUST missed making it. Yunel Escobar missed out, but only because he was terrible in April. Since then, he has been on fire. Tommy Hanson and Derek Lowe almost made it too.

My Braves have the highest team batting average and 4 players with 19 or more home runs. The only players struggling are Tim Hudson (although he has rebounded with a complete game shut out recently), Kenshin Kawakami, and Melky Cabrera. Everyone else is just crushing it. I'm three games up on Philly and am thinking of making a move to replace Melky with someone else in left field. I'm thinking of making a run at Carl Crawford, since I still lack a true speed threat (although I like Yunel Escobar as my lead off man right now). If not Crawford, then I'd probably just stick with batting Melky 8th.

Right now, my regular batting order is:

Yunel Escobar

Martin Prado

Chipper Jones

Brian McCann

Troy Glaus

Nate McClouth

Matt Diaz

Melky Cabrera

Pitcher/Omar Infante VS. AL

Brian McCann is pure win. Even when he goes 1-12 in a series, that one hit is a three run homer or something. He has struggled with his average, but when he touches the ball he really smashes it.