MLB 2K10 / MLB 10 The Show

Toe

So, this thread is for everything related to either of these two baseball games. I have MLB 10: The Show for the PS3, but I am interested in hearing if MLB 2K10 has made improvements. I know The Show has improved - new camera angles make playing offence more fun and hitting the ball seems like less of a chore.

Post your thoughts and experiences about either game here.

I too picked up The Show and am absolutely engrossed in my Road to the Show player. In my third year now, sadly still in the Reds AA team as the closer. I spent most of the previous year in AAA so I'm hoping to get back. Earlier today I had an insane game where I came in the bottom of the 8th and had to go all the way until the bottom of the 20th. 12 innings of pitching for my closer since I was all we had left. I ended up giving up two doubles in the 20th to lose the game. I racked up 250 points though because of it.

I haven't played the 2K baseball series since 2K7 but I loved that game. I heard it's better this year but lacks some of things that The Show has. I doubt it's a bad purchase though if you only have a 360.

I too picked up The Show and am absolutely engrossed in my Road to the Show player. In my third year now, sadly still in the Reds AA team as the closer. I spent most of the previous year in AAA so I'm hoping to get back. Earlier today I had an insane game where I came in the bottom of the 8th and had to go all the way until the bottom of the 20th. 12 innings of pitching for my closer since I was all we had left. I ended up giving up two doubles in the 20th to lose the game. I racked up 250 points though because of it.

I haven't played the 2K baseball series since 2K7 but I loved that game. I heard it's better this year but lacks some of things that The Show has. I doubt it's a bad purchase though if you only have a 360.

You're in your third year and the game only came out on Tuesday? Jesus, man.

You're in your third year and the game only came out on Tuesday? Jesus, man.

Since I'm not a position player, I don't play every day so it sims a lot. Though I will say because of that, you can't complete many goals. One of my goals was to record four saves in the next two weeks. I only was brought in once for a save opportunity. So that sort of sucked. Other than that, RTTS is absolute addiction. It's the best mode outside of franchise and exhibition I've ever seen in a sports game.

From what I have heard, MLB 2K10 is a good option. It's got an improved frame rate and of course, with the analog hit stick, you get more control over how you hit the ball.

If I didn't own a PS3, I would be getting MLB 2K10. I know that the franchise mode in all 2K games are solid. I also enjoy the gesture based pitching.

The million dollar no-hitter contest that MLB 2K10 has going on intrigues me in that in previous 2K games (namely MLB 2K6 for the PS2 and MLB 2K8 for XBox 360) I had 5 no-hitters/perfect games and each of them were a bitch to complete, and that was on the previous controller interface. So I'm pretty sure that the new controller setup will take some getting use to (I played the demo for 2K10 a few days ago so I know just enough about it).

I played 2K10 at a mates house on his PC and i got to say that i am pleasantly surprised about how fun this game is.

I played my player mode for a while and i jumped out of it immediatly to do the pitching training to learn the new interface.

After i learned how to pitch it was quite fun being a pitcher.

The interface is fun to have and difficult to perfect.

So if you dont have a PS3 but you do have a 360 or a strong PC and you want a baseball game, i would suggest you renting this and if you like it (like i did) buy it.

So, are these games finally out in the UK yet?

Been looking for a good MLB game in Europe for years, to no avail, apart from Super Mario Baseball crap.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

I didn't win with my Jays until game five. In the fourth game, I had a huge opening inning but couldn't follow up and lost the lead in the 7th. In game five, I took my time, wore out the pitcher, and then hit some big home runs with John Buck and Randy Ruiz. I love the sound of the ball hitting the foul poll.

I've changed from the Jays to the Braves. It's so much fun playing with Chipper Jones. I seem to constantly go 3-4 with at least one extra base hit. If I didn't sim games along the way, he would be the league leader. He doesn't get a ton of RBI's because the guy I have in front of him - Nate McClouth - keeps clearing the bases before Chipper can get to the plate.