Ashes to Ashes: Series 3

LexChaney

I didn't see a thread so made one. I have no idea if any of you are sticking with the series still as the second series should have been the last. But they decided to do a third and I hope they wrap everything up including what really happened to Sam Tyler :shifty:

Not a bad start to the third series. Although I could have saved half an hour by me with no police skills at all knowing where the location was and such. <_<

Music again seems to drag you into the 80's and makes you want to dust off GTA: Vice City or something like that.

(Spoilers)

Yeah it was kind of easy working out where they had the girl hidden. I swear they don't listen and think wait a minute that sounds strange as I'd have checked it out.

I'm wanting to know who the dead police man is and how it relates to Sam Tyler. It's connected I know. For some reason I don't think Sam's death was either 100% an accident and Gene know's something or has a hand in it

Why does everyone believe that the second series of Ashes to Ashes was meant to be the last? I know Life on Mars was two series but its been well published that they wanted three series of Life on Mars to wrap it all up and that they were likely to do three with Ashes to Ashes to tell the story they had intended to tell.

In "Ashes To Ashes" and "Life On Mars"...am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about the mysteries/are they in a coma-are they dead-are they back in time? bollocks...I just likes old fashioned policing/comedy factor. It's the reason I haven't watched either of them 'religiously' (I'll happily miss a bunch of episodes and just drop back in) and when the plot changes and focusses on these things it annoys me.

Edited by YI

I just can't get into Ashes, because it always feels like a poor man's Life On Mars. Life On Mars is one of my favourite series - it was pretty awesome. It wrapped up after two series and told its story perfectly. Ashes just doesn't quite feel right, to me. Though, I heard the second series was a massive improvement on the first.

I thought the first episode of the series was pretty decent, Gene was great as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing what unravels in regards to Sam Tyler as well. Always loved the series, it's not as good as Life on Mars (very few shows are) but it's damn good on its own for me, always been very entertaining.

• 1 month later...

That was brilliant.

I'm glad they kept it fairly sad at the end, with Alex actually being dead. Would have been easy for them to 'cop out' and send her back to the real world. Hope they don't do another series just for the sake of it, they've done everything that needs to be done with Gene, and the guy at the end wrapped it up nicely.

That was brilliant.

I'm glad they kept it fairly sad at the end, with Alex actually being dead. Would have been easy for them to 'cop out' and send her back to the real world. Hope they don't do another series just for the sake of it, they've done everything that needs to be done with Gene, and the guy at the end wrapped it up nicely.

It would be quite difficult for them to make another series that worked, now you know the whole place isn't real etc. I think that managed to wrap up nearly all of the loose ends really well with that episode.