Madden 11

sahyder1

Madden 11  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Getting the game?

Drew Brees got named as the Madden cover guy for this year. If you're a Saints fan and a believer in the Madden Curse, I extend my sympathies to you. I get the game every year anyways but I'm loving the Amazon promotion right now where they are giving $20 towards the purchase of a future game if you buy Madden from them. I might just use that $20 to order NCAA Footbal '11.

I liked the introduction of the Wildcat offense into the game last year. EA is blogging about the new features.

They are supposedly taking suggestions on ratings for rookies as players getting drafted. Don't know how much fan input they actually take into account though.

gamestop usually has some deal where you trade in last years and get this years cheaper. so why not?

I hope they add more/better play calling, better stat ratings, and most of all .... fix the freezing/disconnect issues :shifty: and other buggy crap from Madden 10.

Edited by mystikz

Just an interesting note on Madden 11 from IGN

Top Ten Quarterbacks in Madden NFL 11 by Overall Rating

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Philip Rivers

6. Brett Favre

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Tony Romo

10. Matt Schaub

I can't say I agree with that list. Brees deserves to be ahead of Brady, but I'd make a number of changes elsewhere. What'd be everyone elses ranking of the top 10 QBs? Mine would be.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Philip Rivers

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Brett Favre

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Eli Manning

9. Tony Romo

10. Donovan McNabb

• Like 1

stat wise Schaub had an amazing year. they didn't make the playoffs at the end but he was a pro bowl qb who had a great year.

1. Drew Brees

2. Peyton Manning

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Philip Rivers

5. Matt Schaub

6. Tony Romo

7. Brett Favre

8. Eli Manning

9. Ben Roethlisberger

10. Tom Brady

Edited by mystikz

Brady will need to prove he's still the same Brady of old this year, I don't see how Rivers isn't the third best QB right now behind Manning & Brees (in that order). Rodgers/Brady is a tossup, as is Romo/Ben/Schaub, and they're followed by Favre and McNabb (in that order). So, my top 10:

1. Manning

2. Brees

3. Rivers

4. Rodgers

5. Brady

6. Romo

7. Ben

8. Schaub

9. Favre

10. McNabb

Also, they've revealed the rookie ratings for the first three rounds' worth of rookie players since they're allowing fans to input their opinion as to what stats those players should start off at this year. Here's the link and, just looking at the base stats, I can already tell Bradford, Trent Williams, Okung, JPP, Iupati, Demaryious Thomas, Tim Tebow & Patrick Robinson are overrated from the first round. And underrated, IMO, are Kareem Jackson, Jahvid Best and Jerry Hughes.

Colt McCoy's stats are silly, too.