Madden 11

sahyder1

Madden 11  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Getting the game?

In regards to trading and free agents, also pay attention to their potential rating. If you're trying to decide between cutting two players who are about the same overall rating(say 65 or so) and one has a potential rating of C and the other one A, keep the A potential player. The higher a player's potential rating, the more chance they have to shoot up in their overall rating. As can go as high as 99, Bs can go somewhere up in the mid to high 80s, and so on.

And yeah, it's really had to trade for anyone who is a franchise player at a 97 or above overall rating(guys like Tom Brady, Manning, Chris Johnson, etc.) It's possible though if you have a comparable player to trade, and either two first round draft picks or another high rating player at a position they need.

Antonio Cromartie says "Hi." He has an A potential but his overall goes down every year. :/ Still a he'll of a CB and easy to get. The Jets will practically give him away because they have Kyle Wilson at their disposal.

His overall going down every year is mostly due to his age.

I don't have much free time so hopefully we can have the time limit set at a week and we can sim early if everyone finishes their games before the deadline. That's how we're going at it on NCAA anyway.

I'm gone for a week after today, so I won't be able to join/play until I comeback. I would organise it if we were to wait, but feel free to start up while I'm gone and I'll join in whatever week you guys are in. Couldn't care less what team I take either.

I'm gone for a week after today, so I won't be able to join/play until I comeback. I would organise it if we were to wait, but feel free to start up while I'm gone and I'll join in whatever week you guys are in. Couldn't care less what team I take either.

I'm pretty much the same. I have my daughter down, so no guarantees about when I might have time to fit in a game for the best part of a week.

• 4 months later...

Always has been for Madden, the second dude on your depth chart swaps with the first for the second half. I once had a 20+ point lead in a preseason game so when my second unit came out, and I decided to take it a step further and put my punter behind center. He threw two touchdowns, which was a pretty decent day if you ignore the four picks.

I can top that, though. I've been playing a Madden franchise where I draft the team, sign the players in the offseason and develop them, but then remain hands off and sim the season, only playing playoff games.

I wondered why my 14 win team from the previous year had suddenly dropped down to 9 wins and squeaking into the playoffs, then I realized that in the preseason, my 65 OVR HB rookie decided to swagger his way to a starting role, putting my 95 OVR starter on the bench until the postseason.

Will be odd looking over at his career: 1500 yards rushing, 2000, 2500, 150, 2500, 2500.

The best one I've ever seen was in the Superbowl of all cases. I go in as the Giants facing the red hot Colts, first possession, I notice their Right Tackle is sporting the #1. I go into their Depth Chart and sure enough Punter Pat McAfee is starting there sue to injury. The worst part is that he actually played quite well, which brought me to the conclusion that O-Line ratings have little to no effect for the CPU.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've touched a Madden so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Works for me really (now that I know it's going on) seeing as how my favorite team is the freaking Bills.

I also found the "CPU auto-sub" to be a pleasent surprise at times. CJ Spiller is the greatest slot WR in the history of ever.