Iron Man 2

edcq

I think Mandarin would be pretty easy to pull off, since they like going to the Stark tech, have Mandarin's rings be similar to Whiplash's whips, but give them an elemental twist.

I think the plan is to do the Avengers movie first, and then once Thor and the Asgardians have been introduced, it'll be easier to accept the Mandarin and his magic rings. I'm not sure how well it'll fit, given how grounded in reality (uh, relatively speaking) the Iron Man movies have been so far, but I guess we'll see.

Edited by The Dragon

Honestly I don't think it'll be that big a deal. These marvel movies haven't exactly been "Dark Knight" grounded in reality so once they think of a plausible reason for him to be "magical" then I'm sure it'll be fine. He'll prob end up being something along an X-Man type deal where he has this power....or a Hulk type deal where somehow his physiology has changed giving him a power of some sort.

Honestly I don't think it'll be that big a deal. These marvel movies haven't exactly been "Dark Knight" grounded in reality so once they think of a plausible reason for him to be "magical" then I'm sure it'll be fine. He'll prob end up being something along an X-Man type deal where he has this power....or a Hulk type deal where somehow his physiology has changed giving him a power of some sort.

The difference is that The Rings controlled different elements, whilst the power of the X-Men and The Hulk are biological. They're still over the top, but there's that slight tiny bit of realism in there (literally, minuscule shifty.gif) that adds to it not being cheesy. The Rings if I recall are magic, whilst Mandarin is a Sorcerer. Though the more I think about it, the more I think the Marvel world will be different once Thor comes out in terms of what they can get away with.

I think they'll probably change it to another suit, this time one that's actually better than Iron Man's. I think it'll be different though. Possibly some kind of Bio-Suit that blends with Mandarins skin which uses The Rings for controlling it.

The only question is if Fing Fang Foom will play a part. I for one would mark the fuck out for a giant mechanical Dragon.

The difference is that The Rings controlled different elements, whilst the power of the X-Men and The Hulk are biological. They're still over the top, but there's that slight tiny bit of realism in there (literally, minuscule shifty.gif) that adds to it not being cheesy. The Rings if I recall are magic, whilst Mandarin is a Sorcerer. Though the more I think about it, the more I think the Marvel world will be different once Thor comes out in terms of what they can get away with.

Maybe they'll swerve us and reveal that this movie version of Thor is really Beta Ray Bill ._.