Peter Gabriel's Scratch My Back project

Hobo

A few months ago Peter Gabriel released Scratch my Back an album featuring covers of Paul Simon, Bon Iver, Lou Reed, Randy Newman, Radiohead, The Magnetic Fields, Arcade Fire, Elbow and David Bowie. It is a song swap project so the other artists will do a Gabriel cover and it will be released as "I'll Stratch Yours" at some point.

So far Gabriel does

'Flume' so Bon Iver does an alright 'Come Talk To Me'.

Gabriel kinda sucks the life out of The Boy In The Bubble, Paul Simon does a fairly decent Biko

Gabriel does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYbRugkyC7M, Stephen Merrit of The Magnetic Fields does an extremely fun version of Not One Of Us

Gabriel does what I think is an awesome cover of The Power of the Heart and Lou Reed murders Solsbury Hill.

I'm wondering what Randy Newman is going to do, personally. Only Merrit and Simon have done really good covers on their end too.

Actually, I love that Lou Reed version. Hated the original, and almost everything Gabriel's done, though, with the exception of Scratch My Back.

Fuck...I loooooooooove that Lou Reed cover! I also love the

of the song, but I'm with Skummy in that I HATE the original.

Peter Gabriel is a fucking weird one for me. He's a good songwriter, but the final product just never seems to totally work. He can never seem to execute it right, and it frustrates the fuck out of me to listen to him. His covers however tend to be really good. I love the "Book Of Love" cover, if only for the overly soppy sounding string accompaniment.