Mortal Kombat

zero

Fuck the challenge tower mission where you have to use FUCKING BARAKA to defeat Sheeva, Goro, and Kintaro in one health bar (with a little bit of regen after victory). Goro, Kintaro, and Kahn don't need fucking x-ray attacks that eat up 50+% of your health.

Among the many reasons for that being bullshit is the move Sheeva and Kintaro have where they jump in the air and stomp you, because it's a) unblockable and b) if you jump out of the way, THEY STILL GET YOU. They fucking HOME IN on you.

Fuck the challenge tower mission where you have to use FUCKING BARAKA to defeat Sheeva, Goro, and Kintaro in one health bar (with a little bit of regen after victory). Goro, Kintaro, and Kahn don't need fucking x-ray attacks that eat up 50+% of your health.

Yeah, that one was a bastard, but Sheeva is a pretty easy opponent every time I fight her so the problem was mainly avoiding Goro and Kintaro's grab attacks, as well as Goro's spinning fist combo thingy. There is a challenge though were you have to beat Cage, Sonya, Lui and Kung Loa with Goro and that is a lot of fun.

I can't do any of the combo-based challenges though. There is one I ended up skipping were I had to do an eight-hit combo with Lui Kang, impossible for me.

Big thanks to Zero for selling me on this game as well, along with the 1UP.com review. Year in and year out I have bought fighting games hoping that this is going to be the one that's accessible to me... and it's always failed within the first hour, but Mortal Kombat I've had for a week now and it hasn't failed for a second.

Yeah, that one was a bastard, but Sheeva is a pretty easy opponent every time I fight her so the problem was mainly avoiding Goro and Kintaro's grab attacks, as well as Goro's spinning fist combo thingy. There is a challenge though were you have to beat Cage, Sonya, Lui and Kung Loa with Goro and that is a lot of fun.

I can't do any of the combo-based challenges though. There is one I ended up skipping were I had to do an eight-hit combo with Lui Kang, impossible for me.

Actually, that's easy. If I remember right, Kang's Enhanced Bicycle Kick does eight hits.

Among the many reasons for that being bullshit is the move Sheeva and Kintaro have where they jump in the air and stomp you, because it's a) unblockable and b) if you jump out of the way, THEY STILL GET YOU. They fucking HOME IN on you.

To avoid that move, jump towards them instead of away. Or, wait a second and teleport if your using a character with a teleporting move.

You have to cheat to beat Shao Kahn, but it's okay, because he cheats too. I've figured out strategies with three people so far:

Liu Kang: spam low fireball

Raiden: spam Teleport + BK

Stryker: Spam gunshot

Hey, you don't get points for style.

You know, I was looking at the trophies for this thing after I finished unlocking all the fatalities and alternate costumes and... holy fuck. Beating Story Mode got me a silver trophy, but if I were to somehow get the trophy for conquering the ladder mode on expert without using any continues, it's only a fucking bronze?! How the fuck does that make sense?

There's also a trophy for mastering every character, which would take several months of non-stop playing. The achievements for this game are pretty fucked up.

Kintaro is a diiiiick.

Also, I was super bummed when Shang Tsung's soul steal didn't let me become Goro or Shao Kahn. :( Damage boost is nice, but I wanted to spam Goro's fucking ground pound and give him a taste of his own medicine.

Also, really like Smoke and Shang Tsung's arcade mode endings. So far I've done arcade with Smoke, Shang Tsung, Ermac, Kitana, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Baraka, and.. I know I'm leaving a few out. I think my favourite ending so far has been Shang Tsung's or Noob Saibot's:

Shang Tsung

Absorbing Shao Kahn's soul and being unable to handle it, moments before suicide, a Bo'Rai Cho!!! cameo where he teaches Shang Tsung how to master it in return for killing Liu Kang, who has become a god corrupted by power.

Noob Saibot

Becoming the fucking ruler of the Netherrealm. I love love love that final shot of Noob just lounging on the Netherrealm's throne like a fucking boss.

Relatedly, Jax's 2nd fatality is awesome. And so are the stage fatalities, especially the one in New York City or wherever that's supposed to be.