Do you ever buy the "same" game on different formats?

So, the last couple of years I've bought Football Manager for the PSP instead of the PC as these days I'm more likely to indulge in some strategic management when I've got "dead time" on commutes rather than at home.

However I DO buy Pro Cycling Manager for the PSP AND PC because I love the game so much.

Questions is, do any of you guys guy games to play at home AND on the go for example - Pro Evo for your 360 and PSP? Smackdown across the formats? etc etc

Well, thanks to you I now have No More Heroes on Wii and PS3, PS3 included trophies and a lack of having to waggle like a maniac when playing, so it had certain benefits - but then sometimes I want to look like I'm wanking when charging my Beam Katana, so I'll go Wii then.

I do it all the time, most specifically with Final Fantasy games. Generally, if it's released on a console I have, I'll buy it. As such, I've lost count of the amount of copies of FF1 and FF2 I have on various devices.

I must have bought Sonic 2 something like four times in total...

Mega Drive (original)

Mega Drive (years after selling my old Mega Drive then looking to reacquire me old collection)

Playstation 2 (Sonic Mega Collection)

XBox 360 (download)

I also bought MGS: Twin Snakes for the Gamecube/Wii despite owning MGS for the PS1.

I own multiple copies of FF7-FFX, with copies of both 7 & 8 on the PS3. Other than that though, I don't think I've ever been in the position to own a game on more than one console. I had a PSX and an N64 which I don't think saw much crossover, a PS2 and an X-Box for like... 3 months before I got utterly bored of it, but even then I don't think there were many crossovers there, was there? And now in my house we have a PS3 (mine), a 360 (my little brothers) and a Wii. (little brothers, but no one uses it.) Which results in there being two copies of MW2 in the house, but even then I never play the 360 and my brother never plays the PS3.

I had/have Bully for the 360, but my disc stopped reading for whatever reason, so I picked up a used PS2 copy of the original.

Then I got the Scholarship edition again through the Rockstar Everything pack on Steam when that went on sale.

I have the exact same Sega Mega Drive Collection on both PS2 and X-Box 360, as well as having several of the games already on the Mega Drive, a couple of them on the Master System, some emulated on PC and some downloaded on the Wii, and then the Sonic Collection on the DS.

Basically, I spend obscene amounts of money on next-gen consoles, and then use all of them to play Columns, Sonic 1 and Alex Kidd In Miracle World. Without fail.

I have Street Fighter IV on 360 and Super Street Fighter IV on PS3, does that count?

Also, I bought the God of War Collection on PS3 despite previously owning both GoW games on PS2.

James Bond: Nightfire on PC and PS2. And Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on the PC and 360. That's about it.

I'm thinking of buying Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PC. I already own it for the 360. An another one is Left 4 Dead, looking to get a second-hand copy for the 360, even though I already have it for the PC.

EDIT #9000: Oh yeah, and can't forget Sonic & Knuckles which I own with the Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2, and on 360. Plan to get the other titles too. Oh yeah, and Worms Armageddon. And Duke Nukem 3D. And Doom. Andandandand... Damn the Xbox Live Arcade and their nostalgic must-buy titles...

Edited by Wormmaster

I bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for PS2, and again when I upgraded to the Xbox 360.