References in TV/Film

Liam

that have 'ruined' the original thing being referenced.

Sounds a bit odd, but it is something I had been thinking for a while. Whenever 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' is used in anything, either sung by someone in a show or as background music, I can't ever hear it without thinking of Tobias in Arrested Development singing 'Somewhere over the rainbow.....there's another rainbow'.

I'm guessing generally it'll be stuff from comedies, but yeah, maybe I'm just being weird >_>

I still love the film and hold it in high regard, but I can't watch the scene from The Shining any more without thinking "No beer and no TV make Homer something something." or the bit where he's eating in the storeroom.

"Homer, me and some of the other ghouls... we're a little concerned by the lack of killing."

"Can't kill, eating."

"Alright boys."

*collection of Movie Monsters drag Homer out of the room, kicking a screaming*