2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Wow looks like the Bucks want to "Buck up"

Buck trade for CDR

The Bucks will give New Jersey a future draft pick for Chris Douglas-Roberts, league source tells Yahoo!

RealGM Note: In 2,314 career NBA minutes, Douglas-Roberts has a career PER of 11.7. The former Memphis Tigers swingman was the 40th overall pick in the 2008 Draft.

Miami Heat clearing even more cap space...

The Miami Heat have agreed in principle to trade Daequan Cook and the 18th overall pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the No. 32 selection in the draft, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

“We are pleased to add Daequan Cook to the Thunder roster,” said Sam Presti, Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager in a press release. “He will add depth and shooting to our backcourt.”

They have traded down as well, meaning the Heat are not looking at this draft with anticipation and are looking to July to get their talent with now only Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers on their roster for next year. However there is also the major rumors that Beasley has fallen out of favour and could be used in a trade to get an All-Star.

Here is what is supposed to be a post-draft day trade as they do not have the players or cap available yet however:

Bulls trade Hinrich to the Wizards aka the story of 3 guards...

The Bulls have a trade in place that would send guard Kirk Hinrich and the No. 17 pick to the Wizards, sources told ESPN.com's Ric Bucher.

The move would free up enough cap space for Chicago to sign two max-level free agents this summer.

The deal can't be consummated until July 8, when Washington will have enough room under the cap to absorb Hinrich's contract without having to send anything back in return.

Pure salary dump. The Bulls are trying to go all in on this free agent class.

They are also trying to trigger a deal for Deng which would see him sent to Orlando for Gortat and possibly Pietrus.

Miami wants to buyout James Jones to add to their free money space as well.

The Miami Heat are negotiating a buyout of James Jones' contract to further increase their financial flexibility for free agency this summer.

Jones has $15.5 remaining on his contract through 2012-13, but those final three seasons are only partially guaranteed if James is waived by June 30.

Waiving Jones would knock another $2.8 million off the Heat's salary cap for the 2010-11 season, giving them roughly $27 million to spend in free agency after July 1.

Another trade rumor circulating is the Nets and Pacers.

The Pacers and Nets are discussing a trade to send Danny Granger and the 10th pick for Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian and the No. 3 pick.

Indiana would draft Derrick Favors if they owned the pick.

A source indicates that the Nets are 'lukewarm' about the deal and nothing is imminent.

Highly doubt this trade would go through but who knows.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that while it technically leaves the Bulls 2 million short of the max for any two FA, it would give them room enough to sign both LeBron and Bosh as they haven't been in the league as long as some of the other free agents.

The Utah Jazz basically just did a big F U to the Indiana Pacers with that pick.

Thank God they did. I'd have projectile vomited if Hayward went to the Pacers. Utah's the best place for him.

He'll be a 7th man for the first couple of years, and the Pacers needed someone who can step right in and do some things. Paul George gets compared to a young T-Mac, so maybe he'll be a complement (replacement?) for Danny Granger.

One of the good things of being a Lakers' fan is that they don't dump salary. They might cut it, but not dump it.

Heard they might cut Odom, but I doubt it. I'm worried about the coaching situation, worse comes to worse, I'd like to see Brian Shaw, if only to keep the triangle intact.

Did LA even have a draft pick, and, if so, who did they draft?

The Lakers got Devin Ebanks from West Va. at # 43 and just drafted Derrick Caracter from UTEP at 58.

This capologist guy on ESPN has basically said that teams like Miami only have 3 guys under contract and are STILL looking to move players. This free agent class has pretty much destroyed at least a half dozen teams since it's now looking like 3 max guys will end up in Chicago and/or Miami, and everyone else will be stuck picking up scraps. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with those guys, so I'll have to look into them. Rookies usually have a tough time making the team, though.

Yeah, this whole free agent sweepstakes thing is fucking retarded. Teams are literally destroying their teams for a CHANCE at one of these guys, and I'll laughing when it bites them in the ass.

I know everyone thought we were close to seeing an 8-74 team this year with the Nets, but it's almost got to happen next year with whatever team ends up with $15-40 million in cap space and no players to show for it. At this point, it would be the cherry on a decade long shit sundae for the Knicks if they end up stuck paying Eddy Curry's fat ass $11 million and still end up without a single "A-list" player after decimating the team. Things were looking good when they were the only team that could bring in 2 max guys, but now Miami's one move away from Wade+2 and Chicago's getting close to Rose+2. In short, we're fucked. Again.

Ugh, the Hornets are testing my patience. They draft the big kid out of Kansas....only to trade him five minutes later along with Mo Peterson for basically nothing. Ugh. I really wish they would trade Chris Paul, they are just going to waste his career if they don't. *cries*