2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

I felt McGee's triple dunk and double backboard dunk were the two best of the night, but nobody was winning against Griffin who made some great dunks look easy, and he also did a standard alley-oop but over a car with a choir which gets extra points for theatrics. Griffin would have had to totally fuck up to not have won last night, that's just the nature of something like the Slam Dunk Contest.

Also, that was the first and last time the Wizards and Clippers will meet in the finals of anything.

Why is Bosh even in here when the game is on the line?

Doc Rivers joked about playing Bosh, Wade and James about 47-48 minutes each while resting The Big Four before the game. It turns out he wasn't really joking. LeBron played 31 minutes, Bosh 21 and Wade 20. Meanwhile Rondo played 20, Allen 16, Pierce 10 and KG just 6. Just another reason to love Doc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2011/news/story?id=6140807

Kings considering a move to Anaheim. It all comes down to them not having an arena deal in place, but I think there's another California city that would be much more financially viable than Anaheim and much more attractive to potential players. I know San Diego doesn't really have an arena, but it would be a much smarter move for the Kings than Anaheim. Or they could always look at Seattle too.

Everyone knew they'd eventually leave Sacramento.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6144608

If you needed any further reason to say "lol, Nets" this story will give it to you. The latest rumor is that the Nets are apparently trying to jack up the Knicks' offer for Carmelo because they would then theoretically trade 2 #1's to Denver for some combination of Mozgov and one of Gallo/Chandler/Felton.

Also, Drago for some reason thinks there is a Knicks/Nets rivarly as evidenced by what he said on CNBC today. "I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41683553

This clown thinks making the Knicks weaker while still acquiring Carmelo is somehow going to make his team look better. Considering the Knicks are only on the periphery of the playoffs and the Nets have been one of the worst teams in the NBA the last couple of years, I think he has no clue what's going on in the grand scheme of things. When you consider that both teams play in the same conference as Boston, Miami, Orlando and Chicago, I think someone needs to tell him that his goals should be adjusted and he should be trying to weaken those teams.

Think about it, what team other than the Nets would trade what amounts to two lottery picks for Mozgov/Felton, Mozgov/Chandler or Mozgov/Gallo?

All the rumors sites are reporting that the Melo saga is almost over, and he'll be traded to the Knicks tonight, or tomorrow.

And apparently since the Nets can't land Melo, they're going to start dumping cap space by possibly trading Devin Harris to Portland for Andre Miller, could also involve Pryzbilla and Troy Murphy. Great get for the Blazers if it happens.

The long national nightmare is over apparently, though I don't see the specifics on the cbssports cite yet. All I can say is thank sweet baby Jesus he's finally a Knick and fuck you Prokhorov. Now all we need is CP3, DWill or Superman in 2012!

:shifty:

Denver gets Chandler, Felton, Gallo, Mozgov, Corey Brewer a 1st and I think 2 seconds as well.

Minny gets Curry's contract, Knicks $, Anthony Randolph and their name on TV

NY gets Anthony, Billups, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams and the return of Renaldo MF'ing Balkman.

We probably paid "too much", but role players grow on trees in the D'Antoni Defense Optional System.

Edited by naiwf

Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash. Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

that was what the denver post had up... http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

also sposedly look for Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph to wind up in Minnesota...

This is definitely a good deal for the Knicks. They can replace those role players with any number of soon-to-be free agents this offseason. A team with Amare and Melo will definitely win quite a few games once D'Antoni finds his right guys to plug the holes, and he takes one offseason to do that.

The Knicks apparently got Corey Brewer instead of Denver, so that's another live body to run and gun and have some D'Antoni fun. If that part of the deal is accurate all they need is to sign a big man from the scrap heap to play the same minutes that Jonathan Bender played last year and then work on fixing the bit parts in the summer, or whenever the new CBA is implemented.