2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Mike Bibby is ready to play the role on the 11 Heat that Gary Payton played on the 06 Heat, and good luck to him. Obviously he was only brought to Washington because 1) It's funny to see Kirk Hinrich appear like a somewhat valuable commodity in the NBA and 2) A veteran backup for a rookie is usually a good idea. Not wanting to play here obviously changed that, so buying him out and sending him on his ring-hunting adventure works out for both parties.

Watched the Wiz-Bulls game tonight. I am currently staring at the Bulls bandwagon and wondering if it's a good idea to hop on board.

I'd say this is a perfect time, I already did.

Mr. Big Shot won't play tonight and may miss the next game after Dwight Howard kneed him in the thigh last night. Anything that means more PT for that stiff Toney Douglas is a bad thing. You know that your backup PG sucks when 73 year old Anthony Carter is a better alternative.

Also, Meacon needs to stop hatin' on Plays-no-D-Rose. Fast don't lie :shifty:

The Knicks need to fire Mike 'Antoni ASAP. You're getting manhandled on the boards by Cleveland last week, so what do you do? Go small and continue to get punished on the glass. Tonight you're getting shredded by dribble penetration and blowing a 12 point lead late, so what do you do? Go with 4 bigs because a 6'11 guy says he can stop Baron Davis. Despite your ineptitude on the sidelines, your team is up 2 with about a minute to go, so what do you do? Pack it in and leave a 3 point shooter wide open not once but TWICE. The guy is fucking clueless.

Between not getting any sleep last night, finding out my grandmother has cancer and watching the Knicks lose to Cleveland for a third fucking time, this day cannot end soon enough.

How many close games do the Heat have to lose before Coach Spo designs a last second play for someone other than LeBron? As a hater I hope he never changes, but you have to wonder why they are content with LeBron missing 5 chances to win or tie games in the last 10 days.

DMN, you're as humble as LeBron James.

Speaking of LeBron, I think the infamous "not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven" quote was about how many game winning shots he would miss this year and not the number of titles the Heat would win ;)

Y'all lied to me.

I though San Antonio was supposed to be good.

Yeah, it's not like the Spurs have already beat the Lakers twice this season.

Is Spoelstra trying to get fired? What kind of an idiot goes into a press conference and announces that a couple of the players were crying after the game?

Edited by sahyder1
  • Like 1

Bynum's just about due for his late season knee injury, but given that Boston inexplicably traded size for a wing guy who doesn't hit open 3's this year, the Lakers can still win it all if none of their key players gets hurt. The Spurs might have the best record, but they're old and I don't trust them. If Caron Butler makes it back, Dallas could be their biggest threat. OKC is the one team in the West that the Lakers should want to avoid just because they're dangerous. Having said that, the team that I could see giving them a really hard time is a healthy Bulls squad just because they have rebounding, tough defense and a PG who will make life miserable for whoever tries to guard him.

I'm just saying that, since the All-star Break, the Lakers have decided to show up, and play defense. They're the best team in the league, and will remain the best team in the league until someone beats then when it matters, in a seven game series. I've said it before. I'll say it again, the regular season doesn't mean anything to LA, they're the one team everyone knows can win on the road.

Cue sahyder calling me a homer. Maybe he'll write in his blog about it!

I'm just saying that, since the All-star Break, the Lakers have decided to show up, and play defense. They're the best team in the league, and will remain the best team in the league until someone beats then when it matters, in a seven game series. I've said it before. I'll say it again, the regular season doesn't mean anything to LA, they're the one team everyone knows can win on the road.

Cue sahyder calling me a homer. Maybe he'll write in his blog about it!

And since when has the regular season meant anything to the Spurs?

Where did I say it did? That's really not an excuse for getting dropped by 20+ on your home court, where you'd won a franchise record 22 straight games, against the defending champions that everyone is saying you're going to beat come the playoffs. Unless Kobe Bryant goes down, San Antonio is NOT beating LA in a seven game series, regardless of home court.

Your bias is showing, dude. I know you hate, hate, hate the Lakers. It eats you up inside that they're the best run franchise in all of sports. Go ahead and call me a homer, just because I'm not running around saying 'the sky is falling' whenever the Lakers lose a game.

Where did I say it did? That's really not an excuse for getting dropped by 20+ on your home court, where you'd won a franchise record 22 straight games, against the defending champions that everyone is saying you're going to beat come the playoffs. Unless Kobe Bryant goes down, San Antonio is NOT beating LA in a seven game series, regardless of home court.

Your bias is showing, dude. I know you hate, hate, hate the Lakers. It eats you up inside that they're the best run franchise in all of sports. Go ahead and call me a homer, just because I'm not running around saying 'the sky is falling' whenever the Lakers lose a game.

Just get off your damn high horse already. I'm showing my bias? You're the one walking in here talking crap about the Spurs for no reason when they've beat your twice this season already and currently own the best record in the league. You're the one with the bias, the whole board knows it and for someone who supposedly doesn't care that everyone knows you are a homer you sure get defensive about it a lot.

You're going to come in here talk about the Spurs losing one game to your team this year? You guys lost by 20 to the Grizzles at home this year. You lost to the Bucks at home by 19. You lost by 15 at home to the Spurs earlier this season. You guys lost by at home to Miami by 16.

Again, why the need to get so defensive?

Edited by sahyder1