2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

I am so glad Dallas won tonight. I want them to crush Miami so badly. It was such a great ending for Dirk. He did a fantastic job.

Oh, and Ben, nobody on the planet likes Jeff Van Gundy. He's awful at commentating. He's awful at coaching. He's just awful.

I keep hearing people saying it's not in Dwight's best interest to sign the two year extension currently on the table. If what he's saying is true and he's staying in Orlando, how in the world is that not in his best interest? If he doesn't sign now he'll be signing for I'm guessing a decent chunk less after the new CBA gets hammered out next winter while we're sitting through a lockout. So unless he's planning on taking a pay cut, how does that make sense?

Because he's saying I will stay if they put a team around me. If he signs he can't really do anything but complain for the next two years. If he doesn't sign he can force their hand. Having said that unless the new CBA allows for clubs to dump some contracts they are fucked anyway. Way too many shit older players earning big dollars to make any decent moves.

I'm assuming Gilbert gets wiped with an amnesty cut but like we saw with LeBron and Cleveland, the good free agents aren't going to come if they don't know the star isn't going to be there.

And now for something completely different, Donnie Walsh leaving the Knicks has given their fanbase a collective aneurysm.

Even the ones who aren't going to miss Walsh in the slightest are shitting themselves over the possibility that Jim Dolan will set the rebuilding project on fire by letting Isiah move back in. If he does, he may (MAY) just pass Donald Sterling for the title of NBA's Most Retarded Owner Ever.

"I have no desire to return as president of the Knicks," said Thomas, now the head coach of Florida International University. "I'm not a candidate to replace Donnie. I like the job I have right now, and the toll that the (Knicks) job took on me, my wife, and my kids, I don't want to go through that again."

I don't think you guys have to worry about Thomas from that quote, maybe Houston will get a shot at it is what I read somewhere though it's pure speculation.

"I have no desire to return as president of the Knicks," said Thomas, now the head coach of Florida International University. "I'm not a candidate to replace Donnie. I like the job I have right now, and the toll that the (Knicks) job took on me, my wife, and my kids, I don't want to go through that again."

I don't think you guys have to worry about Thomas from that quote, maybe Houston will get a shot at it is what I read somewhere though it's pure speculation.

One denial doesn't mean anything. Dolan has been leaning on him a lot over the past year. Didn't he also use Isiah as part of the group that went to go talk to LeBron last summer? I think Dolan is crazy enough to hire Isiah. Not signing Walsh back is absolutely ridiculous.

Edit: Isiah's statement to ESPN hardly seems like a denial.

Edited by sahyder1