NHL 11

Toe

Ignoring the card game...how is the gameplay?

Stupid internet would take until the games release to download the demo.

I think it's NHL 10, but the computer AI is definitely more realistic and passing is better.

So with the improved gameplay dynamic, and the vast improvements to Be-A-GM, I will definitely be getting the game.

EDIT: Also, the checking is improved with the new physics. Hip checks are a bit too powerful, but fun to watch and do. Goaltenders are much more realistic, allowing high chance opportunities into the net more often, and playing more to their numbers than in previous installments.

I used to find that it wouldn't matter what overall my goalie had. I've had starting goalies in NHL 10 ranging from 78 to 95 and finished as high as 1st in my conference.

Edited by Gabriel

Ignoring the card game...how is the gameplay?

Stupid internet would take until the games release to download the demo.

Gameplay is great from what I've played of it so far,.The faceoffs are going to take some getting used to but I think it's going to be a good feature once you get the hang of it.

Hit physics are awesome.

I went into the playable period of Game 7 down by 1 and got it with about a minute left in the game, Hossa goes down the ice and scores on us with something like 7 seconds left and I figure that I'm done, Straight off of the faceoff I get on a breakaway and score with 4 seconds left on the clock to tie it up, Crazy stuff.

Then won it early in OT with a slapper from the slot

Should mention that I was playing as Philly.

I just had a fun game - the demo simmed the score to 1-1 for the start of the third period. I went 2-1 up after about 8 minutes, then let in an equaliser with 58 seconds left; only to win it with 24 seconds left. That was pretty sweet. Think I will be getting this afterall, though curse the fact it's not out for weeks!

Wow, I'm really sucking at this at the moment. I haven't "won" a third period in about six matches. I've won matches, but only due to the game being simmed with me already ahead by the start of the third period. I can't score for shit, and my defending sucks.

Though, I guess it's a good sign that I suck and want to carry on playing, rather than wanting to never play the game again.

At first, I wasn't even considering buying this years, as I figured it'd basically be NHL10 all over, but after playing this demo, I can't wait to get it. Love the hits, love the new dekes, love the faceoffs, wish fights were improved but they're manageable, and I'm digging the trading card aspect.

I just 'unwrapped' my best lineup yet, pretty surprising.

Malkin, Zetterberg, Getzlaf, Tavares, Lindstrom, Myers, and Kippy in net. Snagged the Leafs and Rockets jerseys for Home & Away respectively. Now, time to dominate. Team Canada is going down this time.

Are the Leafs jerseys in the game the new style?

Yes they are.

I'm having a hard time here, prior to launch, deciding what team I'd like to tackle dynasty with first. Every summer, the Leafs make it harder for me not to be excited about the possibilities with the team... but I am a die-hard Calgary Flames fan, born and bred... and on the other side of the stick, the Edmonton Oilers have the best crop of young talent of any of the 30 teams with names like Paajarvi-Svensson, Hall and Eberle.

I'm also waiting to find out if it's possible to play with the CHL teams in Be-a-GM, whether that means just taking a CHL team, or choosing one to go along with my NHL team and AHL affiliate.

If I can choose one, I would probably go with the Flames / Abbottsford Heat / Calgary Hitmen... if you can just be a CHL team in the GM mode, then I would probably take the Hitmen there too. Of course, CHL is definitely available for season mode, with an accurate portrayal including the Memorial Cup, so I may just go ahead and do that first while I wait for things to shakedown during the season and help me choose a team to make my dynasty run with.

Really, there's just too much information that hasn't been discussed yet, less than three weeks from launch.

The confirmation of Restricted Free Agents and six years' worth of draft picks for wheeling and dealing though, has me incredibly stoked.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming there's no delay to our store tomorrow, I should have my copy of NHL 11 after I get off of work tomorrow night.

I'm excited. I think I'll probably start a Be-A-GM as the Leafs and sim through most of it just to see what changes have been made to the mode and get myself accustomed to them.

Servers reset on Tuesday for Ultimate Team, so there's no use in me starting that until then anyways... but I'm thinking I might give that a shot and see how that goes.

Be-A-Pro isn't really my thing, but I think I might start a Calgary Hitmen or Kootenay Ice game in Season Mode and try to make it through to the Memorial Cup. The Hitmen have more players that I know... but I lived in Cranbrook for a long time and used to be a regular at the Cranbrook Colts games until the Ice came into town, at which point the Colts were disbanded and I became a regular at the Ice games. So maybe I'll take them, and just make some deals with other WHL teams to bring on players that I'm familiar with.

Woo! Tuesday! Cannot wait!

....way too excited to start BAP as a member of the Red Deer Rebels.

I was thinking of looking through the CHL jerseys and going with the team that I can make the coolest looking goalie pads with >_>

Or failing that, the Kitchener Rangers to keep in tune with my Ice Roots Team

Don't think we get it till the 17th :(

16th for me :( Abso-frigging-lutely devastating :crying: