NHL 11

Toe

Man I totally got a game misconduct with Beauchemin tonight for murdering Ryan Callahan from behind. Except he wasn't injured so it shouldn't have been a major. <_<

Yeah it should've. All checking from behinds should be majors. They can't be minors, or double minors.

43.3 Major Penalty – Any player or goalkeeper who cross-checks, pushes or charges from behind an opponent who is unable to protect or defend himself, shall be assessed a major penalty. This penalty applies anywhere on the playing surface (see 43.5).

^ From the NHL Rulebook.

43.5 Game Misconduct – A game misconduct penalty must be assessed anytime a major penalty is applied for checking from behind.

^ Good to see they didn't screw up.

FINALLY got this :shifty: It's been killing me to get it since it came out.

Started BAP with the Barrie Colts, and we just finished winning the Memorial Cup, on a 4-win streak. Time to get drafted, and I'm expected to be between 18th and 22nd (so, 20th? :shifty:)

Wow, what a guess. I was drafted #20 by Pittsburg, 1st round pick, booyah.

EDIT: 1st round pick becomes 1st forward line. Suhweet.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

So I've seen the league ratings. Can Somebody PLEASE explain to me how the following things are possibly justified?

Colorado having finished higher than EIGHTEEN TEAMS last season is rated equal-worst in the league?

Anderson/Budaj tandem having EQUAL ratings to ALL of the following goaltending teams:

• Ottawa's Leclaire/Elliott
  • Montreal's Price/Auld
  • Atlanta's Chris Mason/Pavelec
  • Columbus' Steve Mason/Garon
  • Nashville's Rinne/Dekanich or Pickard (whoever they used - don't think they signed a backup for Rinne)
  • Dallas's Lehtonen/Raycroft
  • Anaheim's Hiller/McElhinney.

Lastly: Backstrom/Harding having the EQUAL HIGHEST RATING - tying tandems that feature RYAN MILLER AND ROBERTO LUONGO.

I know that it's just EA's ratings - but this is fucking obscene.

Darkness: A player able to defend himself who is checked from behind (such as someone who turns into it) does not automatically receive a major.
Well yeah, but under those circumstances no penalty should be given either.

You can still assess a minor penalty on the play, just not a minor penalty for hitting from behind.

May as well have one big EASHL team. If there's more than six of us on, you can play multiple games at once anyway, just use different game rooms. As always there'll be me, my mate, Dragsy and Revealer/Mr X. Could do with a center and a goalie at least. The wing and defensive positions are pretty much locked down but Dragsy and my mate will play goalie from time to time.

I didn't know you were getting it/forgot you had.

And if you'll have us then great. Just don't want you getting upset if you guys playing during the evening UK time and then we roll on in the AM and add a ton of losses to the team. :shifty: