NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

The fact that Bryan Allen had a No-Trade Clause was baffling.

Those things are being handed out like candy these days. It's ridiculous, really. I understand the reasoning behind them, but I think that a lot of General Managers are too quick to hand those to guys, especially when there are other guys out there who would love the spots. Look at guys like Brendan Morrison or Kyle Wellwood, who would have just been happy to have a contract offer at the beginning of the year.

A lot of the guys who have them just don't warrant them.

The Flames did Jokinen a favor by signing him again, and Darryl Sutter went and handed him a no-trade clause as well. You're supposed to earn those extra perks.

EDIT:

Penner to the Kings for Colton Teubert, a first rounder this year, and a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2012. Good deal for both teams.

Edited by Gabriel

Multiple picks from Los Angeles (including a 1st this year) and Colton Teubert to Edmonton for Dustin Penner.

First big trade.

2:36 DarrenDreger: sounds like the Oilers may have a couple of little things in play...nothing involving Hemsky or Penner. [via Twitter]

...what channel is Sportsnet again? >_>

• Like 1

3:01 TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR trades John Mitchell to NYR. [via Twitter]

John Mitchell is a guy whose game style and work ethic is something I like. This trade better have a good return or it will remind me a lot of Calgary casting off Brandon Prust, a guy I liked too.

3:05 TSNBobMcKenzie: Hearing reports that Jason Arnott has waived his NTC to go to WAS but still need to confirm. [via Twitter]

That would be such a sexy fit. They've been lacking a two way, responsible, workhorse center for a while. Good second/third line guy for Washington.

3:01 TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR trades John Mitchell to NYR. [via Twitter]

John Mitchell is a guy whose game style and work ethic is something I like. This trade better have a good return or it will remind me a lot of Calgary casting off Brandon Prust, a guy I liked too.

Exactly how I feel.

Unfortunately, the Leafs get a 7th round pick for Mitchell, whose work ethic is great, and whose shot is vastly underrated.

Terrible deal. Even for an AHL/fourth liner, if fucking Campoli is worth a second and a stud, you can get a third or fourth rounder for a guy with moxie like Mitchell.

Chris Higgins heads to Vancouver for Evan Oberg and a 3rd... not sure I like that. I like Higgins, but I don't think he fills the hole that Vancouver identified.

Freddy Modin goes to Calgary... uh... kay. Don't know what Atlanta is getting back here, but I'm not sure he's an upgrade over anyone that we've got in our top 12 forwards.

EDIT:

It's a 7th round pick. Not a big loss, but our number of picks this year isn't large enough to warrant moving them out for a piece that may or may not even crack the lineup on a regular basis.

EDIT 2:

Vancouver gets Max Lapierre. Makes more sense than Higgins or even Modin to Calgary. I would love to have Lapierre.

Edited by Gabriel

Canucks also got Max Lapierre for Joel Perrault. WHERE IS OUR NEW SECOND LINE FORWARD DAMNIT.

Guest mr. potato head

The fact that Bryan Allen had a No-Trade Clause was baffling.

Those things are being handed out like candy these days. It's ridiculous, really. I understand the reasoning behind them, but I think that a lot of General Managers are too quick to hand those to guys, especially when there are other guys out there who would love the spots. Look at guys like Brendan Morrison or Kyle Wellwood, who would have just been happy to have a contract offer at the beginning of the year.

Wellwood would have been happier with some doughnuts.

• Like 1

I enjoy seeing the pens lose :-D

Also devils win again, knocking off a hot team... Glad to see Kovy playing some awesome hockey, had been a bit disappointed with him and his time in new jersey...

it appeared on the team sheet he was playing of line 2? surely he is a line one player

Bring on the Pens!!!

Leafs win and are 4 points back again. This is a really exciting finish for the team.

Flames lose a big one against Chicago. Exciting game to watch. Hard game to lose. Missed calls and bad bounces hand us a loss. Not complaining though, the bounces had been going our way lately and have definitely helped us secure some big points. It was bound to happen sooner or later.