Sonisphere 2010 UK

Avenged Probably

So I can't decide whether or not to go, theres a notable list of bands that I haven't seen which I would like to see (Rammstein, Pendulum, Motley Crue, Gallows) and an even bigger list of bands that I have seen before some which I'd love to see again (Maiden, Slayer, Sabaton, Sylosis, Soulfly, Skindred, apocalyptica) and some which I wouldn't mind seeing again such as Anthrax and Papa Roach.

I can't decide if its worth it for the amount of bands I'd watch which I haven't already seen :/

Anyone else here going? Thoughts?

I was tempted to go to this just for Maiden since it's an ambition of mine to see them live. But I decided to go to Download instead and I think that decision was vindicated. The overall lot of bands here doesn't massively appeal to me. There's only really Rammstein and Skindred that I like...but if you like a lot of the bands here I see no reason not to go, it should be worth it.

I was going to go when they made the first set of announcements, but they really failed to add anyone to interest me and I ended up going to Download instead.

I'd quite like to see Alice Cooper, he'd be the main selling point for me. As for other acts I'd be interested in I'm seeing Sabaton in October anyway (and even then mainly because I like the support band for that gig, Alestorm), where they'll have a longer set than they will at Sonisphere, I'd like to see Bigelf, but again for more than the 20-25 mins they'll get as openers, and I saw Rammstein in February.

You can add Europe, Pendulum and Paparaoch to the list of bands I'd like to see, but it essentially boils down to them and Cooper and four bands won't sell me on a festival. There are one or two others I'd see if I was there, but won't sell a ticket to me, and in total your looking at less than half the bands I wanted to watch at Download with ZERO acts I REALLY want to see.

So, in short: No.

• 4 weeks later...

My mate got hold of four VIP for Sonisphere, so looks like I shall be going. Since my mate has to work on the weekend, were gonna just go for the friday. Should be fun! Nothing I really want to see, but it's an experience and another wristband to add to the collection.

Maiden are exceptional live, so if you haven't seen them before that you be a big factor. Personally, I'd have probably gone if I both the annual leave and spare income. As it is, I could only afford Download and Bloodstock this year.