Tour de France 2010

dv803921_600.jpg

Schleck at the front, Contador back in third. Schleck had done him and Vinokourov realises his team leader didn't have the strength at that moment to follow the attack.

So gutting for Schleck.

Contador got huge boos from the crowd when he accepted the yellow jersey.

I'm torn on this one tbh. When it happened my initial reaction was 'but Contador's just launching an attack...' and sure enough he kept on going. Schleck said afterwards that he recognises Contador has waited for him in the past-in the first week when loads went down on that stupid stage, but he also says he would've waited for Contador.

Yes it's the classy thing to do, and I was gutted for Schleck to lose the yellow like that, but I can't really blame Contador for carrying on. He won't have been fully aware of what happened to Schleck immediately and there was also the fact that Sanchez, Menchov and Van Den Broek were all in the mix as well. He couldn't risk those guys getting too far ahead even if he knows he's the superior time trialist.

I dunno...I'd like to have seen Contador do the decent thing and wait for him, but if it was me in the same situation I'd probably have gone on with my attack and pushed on.

• Like 1

Wahey! Cavendish picks up win four by decimating the field and winning by a country mile on the line, looking behind him twice as he sprinted.

...and all without teammate Mark Renshaw to lead him to the line. The lad is just incredible. Best sprinter there's been since Cipolini and probably better than him.

...and just saw Cameron Diaz and Tom Cuise chatting to Andy Schleck! How weird.

What happened to Renshaw? He just never get to the front to lead the train?

Cavendish's speed is scary stuff. He knows if he times it right, he'll win - and so does everyone else. A lot of the time it's not up to them if he wins, only if they can box him in. Still hoping Schleck can win the thing but it's looking increasingly likely that Contador may be able to hold him off.

And much love for the fast show sketches up above. Top stuff. Although I probably prefer the cricket one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8VLgLX7AM

A few days ago Renshaw got kicked off the Tour for headbutting Julian Dean and blocking off Farrar. It deserved a fine and dropping him to the bottom of the positions for the stage but NOT a disqualification. Dean clearly steered across his line and you're not supposed to take your hands off your handlebars within a couple of km of the end of the stage for safety reasons.

Bah, I bet with a friend that he WOULDN'T win this year so he's cost me so I hate him more than usual. I hate his stupid pistols salute celebration. Also, a few years back it was suggested that he "may" have been a fringe player in Operación Puerto.

That's one of the things I don't like about Tour de France, it's pretty darn obvious who's going to win the whole thing from the start. Armstrong won it 7 times in a row, now Contador seems to have taken that spot and he'll probably win the thing for at least 2/3 more years. I enjoy Pro Cycling Manager more than watching it in real life :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Cavendish is just frightening. Hushovd got a good lead out so was at full pace, Petacchi was moving at full pace and yet Cav came from behind and put five metres into them over the last 150m and his lead was still growing when he crossed the line. The lad is phenomenal and that camera angle when he first goes past Hushovd is one of the best things I've ever seen...Hushovd launches...Petacchi struggles to go past him...VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Cav explodes past.