Ultimate Soccer Manager

Hobo

I have just gotten my hands on the first USM game. All the games are out there since they're abandonware now (a google search will bring them forth). I'm going to have a crack at playing this now.

EWB, let is throw off the modern fancy pants Football Managers with their high detail and their letting you edit the game so you can manage in the Vatican City league. Or take control of your local amateur side.

And come with Hobo on his journey into the world of bungs! Stadium construction! And if you're playing USM2 a world were Fredi Bobic is the best player ever!

Also I suck at DOS, so I'm trying to figure out how to actually get this set up with DOS box. :shifty:

• Like 1

I've found USM 2 on Abandonia.

I found the very first one here.

I know there is a version or was, a version for windows of USM98-99 on theunderdogs. Which was the version I had before.

AH HA! I've gotten it. That just reminded me of trying to get the USM2 to run on our old PC.

I have a download for USM 98 too, it works perfectly.

Just completed a season with Newcastle already, so quick. Finished 10th with Hasselbaink being my only permanent signing, getting over 20 goals too.

I love this game.

Started up on the first USM.

My Liverpool team now includes Dwight Yorke and Craig Brown. Also their appears to be a slot where you can edit in a player either that or some coding error so I made myself a player/manager. First game a friendly vs. Tranmere and we win 4-1. Paul Stewart scored more goals in that game than he ever did for Liverpool :shifty:

Gah, it got all buggy and I didn't save the game properly trying to re-boot. Starting again. Going to instant my way though this and hope it doesn't get buggy.

Tried playing the original USM. As in the 1995/6 version. It would be fun and it was crazy nostaglic but too fucking buggy.

EDIT: YI, the full version of the 98/99 game is out there somewhere I think you wouldn't need the base game if you got it.

I've got USM 98. I deleted all the old CMs off my laptop a couple of weeks ago but fuck was I deleting USM. That's my childhood right there. I had 98-99 as a kid (came with the computer!) but that disc went walkabout one year so 98 was the best I could find. I'll start a game if it's the cool thing to do. And sign Wilfried Bouma as a striker.

USM2 is such a fun little game. Crowd trouble, being able to sign players in no time at all. Being able to pick what your budget is.

Right now I have Hull City top of Div 3. Tony Coton in goal, Carlo Corazin up front. My #2 is 18 year old Roy Carroll.

:wub: I cannot thank you enough for posting this. I downloaded USM2 because it was the one I had all those years ago and is quite possibly my favourite game ever made. The nostalgia alone has made my day. The player profiles made me laugh too. Roy Keane is an 'average ability midfielder' at the time, whilst Eric Cantona has 'average skill on the ball'. I love this game.

I love when players are "Unsettled" and they "Want to settle down" as their description!

I also love how quickly these games progress. Right now I have Hull on the start of a season in Division 1 with two play off wins in a row. I may have done some underhanded tactics to get us there. :pervert:

I'd say so. Maybe the later ones 98 and 98/99 are better as they have multiple leagues running at once and transfers are slightly more realistic. Plus they'd be easier to get running if you're not used to DOS.

I've got Hull 22million in debt because I demand we get to the Premier League ASAP!

So far my team is:

Russell Holt

Keith Curle

Adrian Moses

Neil Aspin

Luigi Appoloni

Stephen Sedgley

Thorvolar Orlygsson

Joesph Omegie

Steve Harkness

Lee Marshall

Orhan Cirkichi

I recently sold a 37 year old Tony Coton to Rotherham and made £900,000. This game is not realistic by any stretch but it is simple and fun.

I'd say so. Maybe the later ones 98 and 98/99 are better as they have multiple leagues running at once and transfers are slightly more realistic. Plus they'd be easier to get running if you're not used to DOS.

I've got Hull 22million in debt because I demand we get to the Premier League ASAP!

So far my team is:

Russell Holt

Keith Curle

Adrian Moses

Neil Aspin

Luigi Appoloni

Stephen Sedgley

Thorvolar Orlygsson

Joesph Omegie

Steve Harkness

Lee Marshall

Orhan Cirkichi

I recently sold a 37 year old Tony Coton to Rotherham and made £900,000. This game is not realistic by any stretch but it is simple and fun.

Being as I have Vista, I do not know how to help. I wish I could ({)

132516991-13be373aefc8e8a0915c0ddcd09b07a9.4c44d1e8-full.jpg

After selling Pedro Barbarosa to Man Uted I bought Youri Mulder. I don't have a clue who Gaston Tourment was but he was one of the players who was a beast in this game. I cannot afford him however. The bank sucks my money to pay back the loans. Which is why I have resorted to gambling.

It's actually impossible to buy players on 98. Even guys who play for ballbag Croatian teams don't wanna move abroad :/

Which is pretty shit since Michael Duberry features in my first-choice CB partnership, I have Dennis Wise regularly playing on either wing and Di Matteo is my only CM who can actually contribute something.

I finished 9th in my first season which is wank but the game is hard :shifty: plus mid-table is all they wanted, so result. I had to get Jody Morris out the starting line-up somehow so the one player I managed to buy was Fernando Sanchez, who's been pretty tidy. Hughes and Vialli are beasts but when they retire I'm fucked. Zola seems to make a pretty good CM so he's playing there for now, he can move up front when they go and I'm trying to get 20 year old Saha on a free to groom alongside him.

I have a good, if ageing side and I can't really be fucked doing tactics so my results tend to be a mixed bag. I'll try paying more attention. I just realised I was accidentally playing attacking in every game last season so that'd explain a lot.