There's a fit hammer thrower!

YI

Salis.jpg

salis2.jpg

...would! She's qualified for the final on Friday too.

We got a gold and silver in the 10,000m yesterday...amazing what we can do with all the bloody Africans gone. Although the guy who won our gold is actually from Somalia, but the 2nd bloke was proper white. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Lewis Francis sneaking into the medals was a shock, bloody close, silver medal could have went to any one of 4-people. French bloke nailed it, didn't get a great start but nailed it. 10.13 thogh...I think his semi-final was faster than that. Both our guys got GREAT starts...would have loved Chambers to have gotten something. :(

Denise Lewis can fuck off, she is seemingly incapable of criticising anybody.

Our 400m woman with the white/blonde hair, whose name I can't remember but she's been around for ages, was fucking shit.

Edited by YI

Yeah, she looks like a witch.

Our fit heptathlon woman won. The fit Italian hammer woman came 4th. :( Mo Farah nailed the 5,000m too, getting his 2nd gold. Our other bloke looked fucking knackered though and came exactly in the middle of the face. Lewis Francis totally fucked up our relay qualification. The 400 metres mens final the other night and the 400 hurdles race were both fucking awesome. And sneaking a bronze in the womens 400 hurdles was good too, even if I think the woman is an utter twat. 400, 400 hurdles and 800m are easily the most fun events to watch.

Also found out the cute Belarus girl I got behind after qualifying yesterday, ballsed up in the Womens 100 hurdles semi-final and fell over a hurdle. :(

350x.jpg

x350.jpg

350x.jpg

I quite like athletics, it's weird. When you've got all these sports and rules and shit, just seeing people run, jump, or throw shit, is quite splendid. Shame the Diamond League has already been to Gateshead, might have been tempted to go now, I've enjoyed these championships...shits on watching cricket at least.

One thing though, I wish people would shut the fuck up about gameplans. Say a GB runner runs, comes 8th out of 8. They'll be interviewed, say shit like "oh yeah, my gameplan wasn't great, I made a wrong decision, yeah, it'll be fine"...no, don't give me any of that fucking bullshit, be fucking honest "well yeah, these are all fucking faster than me".

Edited by YI

I quite like athletics, it's weird. When you've got all these sports and rules and shit, just seeing people run, jump, or throw shit, is quite splendid.

I agree, I love watching Athletics as it's easy to watch and is all about the person themselves and their talent.

I felt quite emotional watching the 5000m, just willing Mo Farah to stay out in front, and then feeling delighted when he somehow found it in himself to pull away from Ibrahimov & Espana in that final 200m-225m. Ennis did magnificently again too and another special note for Derval O'Rourke who got a silver for Ireland in the 100m hurdles.

Looking forward to tonight, hopefully we won't completely balls up the relay for the 500th time.