The Inbetweeners series 3

KoA

The bit where Simon's car went in the lake ruined it for me because I just couldn't suspend disbelief and believe anybody would be that much of a cunt, but I do quite like angry Simon so at least there was his response. I also saw the STD bit coming a mile off. But it wasn't too bad. Wasn't that funny but there was less outright shit humour.

Also, Phone Shop is fucking horrible. And School of Comedy as well. I don't understand how people find that funny.

The bit where Simon's car went in the lake ruined it for me because I just couldn't suspend disbelief and believe anybody would be that much of a cunt, but I do quite like angry Simon so at least there was his response. I also saw the STD bit coming a mile off. But it wasn't too bad. Wasn't that funny but there was less outright shit humour.

Also, Phone Shop is fucking horrible. And School of Comedy as well. I don't understand how people find that funny.

I thought that as well, if they really wanted the car in the lake, there wee multiple ways of going about it, Neil needing to shit again or something, at least that would've been more feasible. I did like how it lead to Simon's realization that he'd wasted his life hanging around with those fuck-ups though, that really needed developing a bit further.

For reasons I can't explain to myself, some bits in Phone Shop have made me laugh so much!

But yeah, back to The Inbetweeners. Loved the first 4 episdoes, and didn't mind the last two. I guess the bar has been raised so high now, that if you're not laughing every 5 minutes, then the episode is a letdown. As much as ive loved Inbetweeners, this should be it now. The movie is going to be a special treat and I can't wait to see it.

Decent ep, but a little disappointing. I get that they have to leave it open so we will want to see the film, but the whole thing with the Carly text just seemed really loose, as if they tagged it on last minute. Puking stuff left a bad taste in my mouth (pun most definitely intended), especially when you could see it come a mile off.

Favourite moment: Neil throws a brick through the car window while it is in the lake.

What is with the writers and their fascination for jokes about puking? It was funny in season 1 (was it?) when Simon throws up on Carli's little brother, because it was the first time I can remember a prime-time television show actually showing somebody be sick and it was funny in a supremely disgusting way, but it was just over the top this time around. Also, I guess we might actually end on a high note when the movie comes around but here, it was like unremitting misery for everybody involved all the way through (except the text from Carli, which itself felt tacked-on).

That all said, the texting game was actually pretty funny and, as always, Gilbert was hysterical in how little he actually gives a shit. Still.

Just finished watching last night, I liked it, probably more than series 2 but less than sereis 1. Sereis 2 I think they massively overplayed Will, he went from being socially awkward to crossing the line into just being a dick. series 3 he was back in the right place again but they instead went far too far with Jay's lies, especially emphasising it as no-one believes him anymore anyway.

It's still one of the best shows on TV though and they should have definately done a 4th series that covered the second half of year 13, they had masses of oppertunity for material there: final exams, uni applications, year 13 ball/prom, Simon and Will wanting to lose it before the year ended etc. But if they've already started on the movie (which will be based on them holidaying in Malia, presumably after those exams).

Taking it to Uni would be a step too far though, I could see a spin off following Neil and Jay into the world of an apprenticeship working somewhat but there's no way they could realistically allow for Will or Simon being at the same Uni as each othr never mind have the other two still around. Besides the whole feel of Uni wouldn't really fit.

I think something like this is just destined to run its course in a short amount of time. There's only so many socially awkward moments you can come up with before you start to tread old ground or get too ridiculous and make the characters into caricatures of themselves.

Yeah, you could always just do the classic "smart kid doesn't do as well as he thought he would" for Will, Simon gets average result and goes to a decent local uni. Neil and Jay do foundation degrees there or something, or just really shit degrees that aren't too hard to get into. Or do the other classic thing when it comes to unis in TV programmes and have Neil do awesomely well.

It would be simple i reckon, SImon & Jay decide to go to the same University, lets say Warwick. Due to Will messing up his exams when he crapped himself, he doesn't get the grades to go to a better Uni,l therefore has to settle for his 'last choice' Warwick. As for Neil, he doesn't want to be left out, so he moves up to Warwick and gets a job in the University canteen.

Of course, it's a bad idea since they would no longer be Inbetweeners >_<

Uni doesn't really have a defined line between social groups like you get in school, it's more to do with what societies/where you live that determines your social patterns for the next 3 years.