Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

Becoming addicted to Master League Online, I seem to win the majority of normal games but in the shorter tournament games I'm useless. SO many draws.

Loving my team though, just a bunch of purely average Premier League players, some of the original players... and Modric.

Playing 4-1-3-2 and I rip people apart going forward, struggle defensively though as soon as I come up against a team with Ronaldo, Ribery and Villa up front... Which is every team seemingly.

My team is,

Ivarov

Valeny

Stremer

Jaric

Carlos Bocanegra

Sean Davis

Seb Larsson

Matt Etherington

Luka Modric

Javier Hernandez

Victor Anichebe

So yeah... utterly average. And it's awesome. Anichebe is a beast but can't finish to save his life. Almost got enough cash to buy Rafael as well to somewhat strengthen my back four. Love the mode though, really simple yet completely addicting.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed completely, including drawing the tournament games too annoyingly. My team is the default with a packed midfield of Dan Gosling, Jack Wilshere, Danny Murphy and Ryan Taylor pushed on a bit. Basically its rubbish, but seems to do a job. Gutierrez (the default striker, not super Jonas) is an absolute beast, but still saving to get Nile Ranger or ideally Andy Carroll alongside. No idea why I'm only signing Englishmen too, they just seem cheap!

Anyway I've transferred again.

I spent a year and a half at Willem II.

Then went to Deportivo for two half seasons and was a constant starter and getting enough goals to feel ok.

Then in the third season winter transfer window I've just signed for Fulham. I had a few offers this time around including Stoke, some random "Russian" team and a middling French and Dutch team. Still, I thought it would be nice to get into the Prem and Fulham are decent enough.

Japan-wise things are still going well. Just had three qualifiers in a row and we won 3-0, 3-0 and 0-1. South Korea are the only other decent team in our group. I scored the goal in the 1-0 win which was nice and Honda scored an absolute screamer in the second game (against China). Headed outside the box from a corner and Honda ran to it and half volleyed into the top corner. Beautiful.

EDIT: Heh, first game is the derby against Chelsea. They've brought in a 39 year old Giggs and a 65 (probably) year old Buffon! I guess they're going about bringing the average Chelsea age down then.

Been playing my offline ML again as the MLO has had lag galore over the last four or five days, maybe due to the weather.

Just finished my first season, topped the Championship with Cardiff, ended up about 11 points clear after only losing about four games in the league. Had Foggia on loan for the reason, he was immense and won the POTY award in the league. Wanted to buy him for sure, the end of the season comes, he's valued at around three and a half million. This is where it pisses me off, as the fees are still broken. Lazio want 25 fucking million for him, which is pathetic. It's awesome when you get offers on your player ten times where they're worth, but yeah, overall it's madness. Managed to get them down to 15 million after many failed negotionations (tried to reloan him and they wanted 14 FUCKING MILLION JUST TO LOAN HIM). Saved the game at this point as I'm not sure what to do yet.

Looking good to seeing how I fare in the Premiership, should be a much tougher challenge. Sadly got Fulham in the first round of the FA cup, they knocked me out last season in the last 16 on penalties.

• 1 month later...

Just finished that season after a Christmas break :shifty:

Japan is going well and we qualified top of our group for the World Cup. I picked up four assists and a couple of goals in our four games. Great to play against the weak teams - we just demolished them all.

Season start at Fulham and their lack of quality is annoying me - a bad career move I think. So it's time to head off again and follow in Glenn Hoddle's shoes with a move to Monaco....unless someone better comes along. The French league has served me well in previous games.

Started a CL as Spurs on my 360 version, to see if I can win the competition on both consoles. :shifty:

Got paired with Lyon, Celtic and Rubin Kazan in my group - beat them all 1-0 in my first 3 games. Crouch got the goals against Lyon and Celtic, and a late VDV penalty got me the points in the Rubin game.

I created a great chance for Crouchey in the same match. VDV and Modric interchanged passes on the edge of the penalty area, then played Bale in behind the RB. I could've shot, but chose to square it instead. Crouch's shot was somehow saved at point-blank range, then he fluffed the rebound.

Not playing badly considering I hadn't played in ages before tonight. My place in the last 16 is all but safe now. A win vs. Kazan away next would seal it.

I really do love the randomness of PES's gameplay sometimes though. One game you can create shitloads of chances, and others pass you by without many incidents.

Monaco is going nicely. We qualified from the Europa League group stages and we're through to the semis of the French cup. We're about 7th in the league and have a real chance for Europe again next season. Marseille and Lyon are MILES ahead of everyone else though.

They're playing me on the right wing - we're playing four at the back then one central mid then four attacking players across the park and one target man - mental.

I went about 8 games without scoring then got 4 in 3 games and have 6/7 goals now and a couple of assists. I'm the manager's favoured wide player now which is nice. It's also great playing at Stade Louis II all the time.

stadelouisII.jpg

Happy at Monaco, might make it my aim to stay there as long as possible. With Willem my leaving criteria was "anyone who's better". With Deportivo my criteria was "any English team who are midtable or better" and with Fulham it was "ooooh Monaco".

With Monaco my criteria will be "Spurs or Ajax" I think. So glad I left Fulham though - their main gameplan was "defensive posession" and I'd get slagged off by the boss all the time for not being able to play it. Monaco play long ball and counter attack with emphasis on individual skill - I'm always getting praised for setting up attacks quickly. Groovy.

It's funny how Pro Evo can make me like teams in real life.

Have you played as Spurs much?

I'm finding it difficult to get the best out of Modric, and to a lesser extent, Lennon.

With Modric in the centre, when things get bunched in midfield, he's easily out-muscled. It didn't help having him on a downward arrow for two games, either.

Crouch is a beast of a target man, though.

Carried this on this morning, drawing the away game against Rubin 2-2 with goals from Pav and Dawson, and I come from behind twice.

Then, after spending most of the first half on the back foot, a Bale brace got me a 2-0 win against Lyon - VDV did the same in the final group game against Celtic as I won by the same scoreline.

The draw for the last 16 is interesting, though - I've got AC Milan, and Arsenal are playing Barca, just like IRL. Should be fun. I'll play more of it tomorrow.

Bwahaha. Ha. Ha. Fuck you, Milan. :w00t:

Had a great start at the San Siro, with Bale scoring inside 4 minutes. Things only got better from that point, with him scoring again, and Crouch/Huddlestone adding the 3rd and 4th to take a 4-0 lead into the home leg.

...I then went on to win by the same scoreline at home, making it 8-0 on agg. Wonderful.

Inter in the next round for me, and probably Real Madrid in the Semi's if I make it through. United are playing Chelsea in this round, too.

Just finished the season. Ended up with 11 goals for Monaco in 36 games from the wing so that's not too bad at all.

I got into the Ligue 1 cup team of the season AND Ligue 1 league team of the season which was nice.

We finished fifth in the end for a Europa League spot. We'd dropped to eleventh with a dozen games to go but then won five in a row and held on over the last couple of games.

Monaco have also just offered me a 2 year contract extension. I was on £330,000 or so a year and it's going up to £667,000. Groovy. :wub:

Just about to start the group stages of the World Cup Finals with Japan. We've got Russia, Poland and....Saudi? I think. I reckon we can qualify okay and a quarter finals place would be excellent.

It's Costa Rica, not Saudi Arabia.

Anyway first game against Russia and I score a scrappy goal early on. They equalise just before half time.

Then I score some kind of dipping, driven chip from 20 yards on the 60th minute - absolute beauty, maybe the best I've scored so far in this career....

...Then they substitute me immediately after. Russia equalise later on so it finishes 2-2. Hmm.

Drew 0-0 with Costa Rica but Poland and Russia drew 0-0 too so we only needed to draw with Poland to go through with 3 points!

They went 1-0 up after about 25 minutes but ten minutes later we equalised as I put in a low cross for Honda to hit past the keeper. So we drew 1-1. Costa Rica beat Russia so Costa Rica went through top and we qualified in second.

We now have to play Croatia in the second round. They're playing some kind of early 90s-era Netherlands total football formation. <_<

Club-wise I've had offers from Sunderland and Espanyol so the clubs coming for me are slowly getting better but I'm happy with Monaco.

So our World Cup is over, going out to Croatia on penalties. I missed out second after hitting the bar and Honda missed our fourth. Bummer.

They went 1-0 up early on in the second half and were all over us for most of the game. Last ten minutes though the manager orders all out attack so we actually start playing the ball forwards. I call for the ball, beat a man, one-two, to the bye-line and spot a couple of players running into the box so pull one back to the 6 yard box and he rifles it in for the equaliser. Exhilerating.

Strange thing is, even though we went out at the last 16 (Croatia lost in the final to the Netherlands) I was named in the team of the tournament....and then the PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT! Bwahahaha.

True I got two goals, two assists and ran my heart out scoring some good ratings but still, that's a bit silly.

Oh well, excitement over, back to the French league.

I could never get into BAL, though that might have been down to playing a passing central midfielder in a team which played long-ball tactics. So, tonight, I created an Ecuadorian right-sided Wing-Forward, and was taken on by Athletic Bilbao. It's going better then the last game; even if my team mates are still all too happy to shuffle into the clutches of the nearest defender.

My first problem is not playing in a position which the team's formation uses, not that I'm especially concerned. Might slowly retrain as an out-and-out striker, though my shot accuracy of 63 needs to improve if I do that.

Yeah I played as a second striker but a lot of teams don't use them. Japan do so that's fine but most of my club teams have played me as an attacking winger and because of that the wing position developed by itself, although in theory I can still train up my wing position. :shifty:

• 2 months later...

Well just finished the 2014/15 season. Spent the whole year with Monaco, played as a right winger and scored 14 goals in 43 games. Was in the cup and league team of the year.

We came runners-up in the cup, losing to Lyon but beat Marseille in the semis. We were 1-0 down into the 88th minute then we equalised and got the winner in extra time. Brilliant.

We also came fourth in the league to get into the Champions League for the first time which was fantastic. It's especially good as the French league is getting ridiculously strong as all the good players are signing for Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux, PSG...basically everyone except us.

Real Madrid just offered me a huge contract (first massive team to bid for me) but I think I'm gonna stay at Monaco, build some kind of legacy and try and make captain. I'll only move for Spurs, Ajax or possibly Barca.

My career (mostly played out wide grrr) is:

2010-11: Williem II - 40 games, 3 goals, 2 assists.

2011-12: Deportivo La Coruna - 32 games, 7 goals, 3 assists.

2012-13: Fulham - 10 games, 2 goals, 0 assists.

2013-15: Monaco - 83 games, 25 goals, 7 assists.

Wahey! Just scored a 23 minute hattrick against Paris St Germain. First hattrick of my career! First was RIGHT FOOT into the bottom corner on the turn from about 16 yards. Second was a HEADER from a corner. Third was a LEFT FOOT half volley into the opposite corner from 17 yards. Lovely.