Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

If we slowed 'Oh When the Mags' to half speed I'd be more enraged by our so called 'ultras' then I already am...

If anyone finds a decent option file for PS3 post it on here, would like a sensible league before my attempt to take Newcastle to the title. Was much easier in 06!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 Option File update;

Check your version of the game - if it's the BLES-021 version, there's one released now. It's more than likely the BLES-020 version like mine though, which means we'll have to wait for ours.

The guys who had been working on the option file didn't bank on their version being different to the retail one being sold in the UK today, and the two aren't compatible. They are working on one that will be though.

• Full kits for EPL teams and unlicensed teams in La Liga & Serie A.

• Major unlicensed national teams now have kits.

• Team emblems added to unlicensed teams

• League and Cup emblems/logos have been added.

• Formation and squad numbers have been updated

• Many transfers have been made

• Player accessories (boots/kit styles) have been updated

• Fake names from unlicensed nations have been corrected.

• Classic Argentina, Brazil Netherlands, Italy names have been corrected (Haven't had to unlock more)

• 11 stadium added (Craven Cottage, Reebok, Anfield, St James Park, Stamford Bridge, Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Villa Park, Goodison, St. Andrews and Estadio Mestalla), all of which have their own unique advertising-boards

That got released for BLES-021 today, and I hear a carbon copy is being made for the other version. :)

Has anyone else had the game making substitutions for them, or have I just been a numpty and selected the wrong option somewhere?

And lol and the awful default England squad.

Or the world cup squad as it likes to be called... >_>

Konami are releasing an update on Tuesday with all of the transfers etc. being updated (as they should've been on release) as well as the rest of this season's CL teams being added to the mode.

And Timmay, I think it could be something to do with "coach mode" which can be found when selecting your line-up. Whatever it says at the moment, choose the other option. :shifty:

Oh and PS3 guys, the good news is that they're aiming to release the Option File above tomorrow night.

Okay, what's the big secret to penalties, and why does everyone I take go flying over the bar regardless of where I aim it and how long I hold square down for?

EDIT - Had a few go lower, but the keeper always saves them.

I am in the training mode!

I seem to be doing better, but whenever I aim for a bottom corner I seem to chip it down the middle. I've given up trying to understand how they work, just concentrating on what does work!

I'm wondering when Konami are releasing the game they made a demo for, because what they've released is A LOT more frustrating than the demo. It's far more anal about passing; you get far less fouls, even obvious ones; and it's constantly screwing me over by changing which player I'm controlling. Twice I've had a player sent off as it changed the player I was controlling after pressing circle for a slide-tackle, and I've conceded a goal as it changed me to a defender who was further away from the opponent with the ball. Semi-assissted passing is an inperfect solution and one that I didn't need to use on the demo.

It's still fun, but it's like they released the demo and then upped the CPU's cunt-o-meter to max.

Oh, and Jody Craddock is NOT quicker than Rooney OR Nani.

Well this was quick...

http://hotfile.com/dl/74737538/9aec557/WENBUKOFPES2011.rar.html

Note: It's not as deep as the Option File I quoted above. The kits/badges/fake names are done, but there's no stadiums added just yet, and the transfers aren't done because of Konami's update on Tuesday which will automatically do them all.

Time to copy over some PES shit. (H)

Yeah, I noticed that in the 360 version.

Also, fuck even attempting the platinum for this, because of the 'Invincibles' trophy, which you need to win every single game in a Master League season, winning league, cup and CL. No draws allowed either. Obviously simple on an easy difficulty, but it'd be way too time consuming and boring to even bother.

Now decided I'm waiting until Tuesdays update before installing any option files or editing just in case, but played a few hours of 2 on 2's last night and this game is glorious. Still loads to learn as I'm overshooting through balls by a mile most of the time, but the powered passes and shots are well satifying when they come off.

Tricks will take some learning but they do look very nice.

Fuck this shit, if the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist, the greatest trick Konami ever played is releasing a demo of an open, fun football game and then releasing something with the same problems that have always dogged Konami football games.

Maybe it's just coming back after FIFA'ing for a year, but this is so fucking frustrating it's untrue. It may well be going to visit my friends at Gamestation this next week.

Have put the game speed on -1 and it seems to be an improvement.

Yeah, slowing the game down to -1 is a BIG improvement for me, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. There's a few changes to the demo which slowing the game down doesn't fix, some changes for the better, some for the worse.

- It's a lot easier to concede goals I find, which in itself is no bad thing. On the demo I barely conceded at all, if fact I think I might have only conceded three goals in 10-15 games. On the game, I'm conceding a goal in most matches. It can get frustrating, especially if the goal is a typical 'PES CPU cheat goal', but the demo was too 'safe,' and defending is something I hope I can improve on.

- The CPU is a LOT better at passing, again this is mostly good, although there are times when I think they've gone a bit too far with it, when teams like Mali are putting together 20-pass attacks and scoring, and Blackpool are playing perfect killer through balls on every attack. Mali and Blackpool were just examples, it happens with most teams I've played against.

- One change for the worse is the amount of fouls. I agree with Hammy that the demo had too many, but they've gone too far to the other extreme. I'm routinely hacked down around the CPU's penalty area and get nothing.

Anyway, again, I'm getting into the game much more now, even if the CPU does decide to play one too many passes nowhere near where you aimed it.

Question about the edited option files, if I install one, will it over-write my save games and stats? And I heard something about them voiding trophies. Is that true?

Gutted that I couldn't get it on Friday, got paid but had so many bills to pay out that I just couldn't manage to get it. I've got it on my rental order in hope they'll have a copy during next week and send it, if not I'll be waiting for another week and a half until I get paid again.

Just a question though, how's the online connection for anybody playing on 360? Is it at least playable? Something that I'm really hoping is up to scratch as I'm hoping to play quite a bit of online at some point.