Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PES still needs a "send a player on a run" button I think. Seeing your RB just stand there like a retard when he could be bursting forward is annoying.

In saying that, he might start doing it if I played with the tactics a bit. I am so glad I'm getting this for free. I played 2010 once or twice to do the CL mode, but I can see myself playing this a hell of a lot longer.

I love the blur effects in the goal celebrations and replays too cool.

This is a top quality footy game. Definite purchase.

Yes, i noticed that to, thats a part were the presentation actualy feels better than FIFA. The shacky cam and stuff, it´s looking almost like render Trailer footage.

I seriously need to get used to the 'free' passing. I'm used to fixed/direct passing where the weight is always correct too, especially as earlier in the day yesterday I busted out my PS2 to play PES6.

One of the main things I like about PES over Fifa is the Master League where start off with nobodies (Castolo = legend). Alan Smith was always a great investment: young, could play loads of positions and his stat's would rocket.

Edited by TheModernWay

I'm in two minds about this after playing the demo, so I'll just shoot out thoughts as they come to me.

- Camera is very nice

- Gameplay speed is almost perfect

- Ball feels as if it's stuck in mud when I hit a pass, it moves nicely but then stops abruptly

- Player movements and animations are noticebly worse than FIFA

- Players seem to be in fast forward while counter-attaking

- Game seriously lacks a "Forward Run" button, a jostling/precision skill move button and the ability to switch players with the right analogue stick

- Crowd chants are annoying but I'll leave that down to lack of commentary

- Menus are a joy for once

- Graphically it looks too cartonny in comparison to FIFA.

- Not sure if there's a precision shot button because I never got to a situation where it was needed

- It's too easy to over hit corners/shots

- Skill moves aren't as well implemented as FIFA

- Passes and through balls especially seem to be in a straight line with no curve.

- I like the lack of stupid interactive celebrations.

- AI seem to be like supermen whenever they want to be.

That's about it for now, but with the addition of Be a Goalkeeper as well as giving a better overall impression, it'll be FIFA again for the 3rd year on the trot for me.

- AI seem to be like supermen whenever they want to be.

That's about it for now, but with the addition of Be a Goalkeeper as well as giving a better overall impression, it'll be FIFA again for the 3rd year on the trot for me.

Really? I've found this to be the last offensive PES game ever in that regard, having only come across one instance of it. Some older PES's were awful for it.

I couldn't agree more about the need for a 'MAKE THE SODDING RUN, YOU DOZY PRICK!' button though.

I just had a great bit of end-to-end in what is becoming an endless Bayern/Barca series. This time I was playing as Bayern. Barca played a through ball between Demichellis and Baderstuber, totally splitting my defence to let Iniesta in on goal. Butt comes out and dives to smother the shot, but the ball rolls loose to just outside the area, middle of the goal, to Ibrahimovic, who volleys goalwards, keeper is still nowhere, but Van Buyten is back on the line to smack it clear. Van Bommel collects the ball in midfield and runs forward, before feeding the ball to the right wing for Robben. Robben cuts inside and shoots with his left, Valdes parries it, but only to the corner of the six-yard box to Mario Gomez. Gomez shoots, but the ball is blocked by Pique diving in to block the shot before Puyol hoofs it clear.

Bloody awesome stuff.

Drew 1-1, really should have won, but the aforementioned one noted instance of the CPU deciding to be superhuman out of nowhere did for me.

My first goal was typical PES - epic fail on the AI's part.

An Alves FK from out wide was going well wide, but the GK decided to save it anyway, spilling it back across goal. The defender then completed the shambles by heading into his own top corner.

It was funny, but I hate it that things like this happen to often in Pro Evo games.

My first goal was typical PES - epic fail on the AI's part.

An Alves FK from out wide was going well wide, but the GK decided to save it anyway, spilling it back across goal. The defender then completed the shambles by heading into his own top corner.

It was funny, but I hate it that things like this happen to often in Pro Evo games.

Ive had worse on the fifa demo. Ie the keeper chucking the ball into his own net and it not being classed as an own goal

I actually found that putting the game speed to +1 suited me better. I played all my games at first as Barca because I just don't like Bayern, but after reading somewhere that playing against Barca was more fun/more of a challenge I tried switching. And it did prove to be more of an enjoyable game.

I love PES again.

Seriously, the demo (which is based on the final code for the game, not the "70% complete" nonsense we were fed last year) is heaps of fun. It would've been nice to try out some more teams, or even Bayern vs. Chivas/Barca vs. Chivas, but still, it's wonderful. Not without its problems, but still brilliant.

It will take me some time to get back into the swing of sorting out the tactics/player mentality, but once I do I think it will feel a lot more rewarding. I mention the tactics because in the last game I had, Pique got sent off yet Puyol would still wander forward into a CAM role at times, leaving me exposed at the back considering Alves and Maxwell play almost as wing-backs.

The dude I'm getting the game from says that playing as one of the Mexican teams over a period of time provides the most fun, so I'll have to try that out.

And I never really got the "PES has player individuality, FIFA doesn't" argument before, but when you play as Messi on FIFA and then do the same on PES, I know which feels like the real one, and that's on PES. I hope in FIFA 11 he isn't just a tiny quick guy who's muscled off the ball, despite the skills he has, so bloody easily by a 45 year old League Two right-back, as was the way in 10 (and 09, when strength became the most important stat).

The tricks seem more fluid in PES too. I don't know if that's down to them being quicker or just taking longer to learn in FIFA, but I do prefer them in PES.

Well, it looks like I will be playing two football games all year, for once.

Demo won't be out in the US until early October, so I hear, about two weeks before the release of the game (in the US).

It's probably to do with EA having the financial pull and making sure that the people in the US buy their game before they even get to try PES, because as far as I'm aware, FIFA is dropping in the states a couple of days earlier than over here this year.

It's got an EU release date of 30th September, but a UK release date of 8th October, a week after FIFA. The US release isn't confirmed, but Tuesday 19th October is the date that's been going around. :)