EWR 2010 Stats Update: October

Bill, with the women 2 of them jump out at me.... Amazon and Destiny... 2 WAW girls...

Now, I've not seen either wrestle yet, but maybe with some searching and a bit of work I could get some details for you :)

EDIT - WAW's Videos section is "coming soon", which isn't useful at all. This could be tougher than I thought...

Edited by Muppet92

Guest The Phenomenal Red

OK, wanted to get some notes down while I had them fresh in my mind:

First, I have pretty much removed IWS from the game. It's looking like the concensus is to add the NWA: Hollywood Promotion, which is fine, but I would need Size, Base, Cash, Image, Risk, Production, Ads and Merchandise if we're gonna get it in the November update. Hopefully, someone has an idea on at least a starting point.

Some responses to posts:

Add Jake Crist, Dave Crist to the 911 Inc. stable

They currently are in HWA, IWC and AAW. 911 Inc. is an FIP Stable... We'd have to remove them from one to get them in FIP to add them to the stable.

I am not sure if Sam Shaw is in the game but he should have Lupus as an alter ego.

I haven't found him in the game as of yet. If we get stats, we can add him.

Ricochet/Helios is now a member of Warriors International

Assuming "Warriors International" is a Stable... Is this the same as the "WARRIORS" stable in the game?

Add Arik Cannon to DGUSA

He's currently in AAW, EVOLVE and WFX...

Make La Mascara the new Mexican Light Heavyweight champion of CMLL.

Is this a new title, or in the game under a different name? If it's in, should it be renamed? If not, gonna need the specs (image, etc) to add it.

Add Austin Aries to NWA Hollywood

While I plan to add NWA-H, as soon as I get the info requested above, Aries is currently in under PWG, DGUSA and EVOLVE... We'd need to remove him from one.

Should we consider adding Jenni "JWoww" Farley to the game after her appearance on TNA last night?

Ugh, I knew this would come up, as soon as I saw her advertised. I guess if we learn that she is doing more than one appearance, the argument could be further made. Theoretically, we could put her in Donald Trump's spot (just an example) in essence removing him from the game and it wouldn't add another worker to the database. That was one reason I did want to stop at 5000 is because, now I see a lot of people claiming that their computer can't even run the game, because the database is too big. Having stats for her wouldn't be bad, but I'm not gonna guarantee she'll get added, especially if she doesn't appear again in the near future.

I thought I suggested to remove Cannon from WFX for DGUSA on the basis that DGUSA is on pay-per view and he was even on a pay-per view (after the match was not expected to be.)

Yeah it is WARRIORS, stupid reports.

La Mascara's Mexican National Lightheavyweight Championship is in the game. Sorry for dropping off "National"

Austin Arie's is understood and JWOW while hot and being a part of a celebrity angle, I don't think she should be in the game.

OK...

Recently, I've taken a step back and did an overall analysis of where I wanted this database to go, in order to be as realistic as possible. Obviously, there are hundreds of polls, lista, etc when it comes to pro wrestling, but there wre three that really grabbed my attention and thought that those would be a terrific base to start "analyzing" the EWR data on.

The three I chose were:

1: Diva Dirt's "50 Sexiest Divas." They started with 100 nominees and, after a few series aof voting, narrowed it down to the top 50 vote-getters, who would then be in a "final vote" to determine the list. While "sexiest" certainly doesn't mean "best wrestler," it is a good start when wanting to compile a list of females for the EWR database. The final "Top 50" is here: http://www.diva-dirt.com/50sexiestdivas2010/ Unfortunately, I don't have the entire list of 100 that were considered, but if anyone does, please let me know, as I'd love to have it for further analysis on the database.

2: PWI's "Female 50." This is sort of the Yang to the Yin presented in the Diva Dirt poll. This is (arguably) the best 50 female WRESTLERS. While there obviously is some crossover between the "sexiest diva" and "best wrestler," these two lists combined were a very good start to making sure that the top women wrestlers in the world were included.

3: The PWI 500. Although a few female wrestlers have made the PWI 500, this is pretty much a "top 500 male" list. Obviously, I'm referring to the 2010 edition, as I'm working with the database in 2010. Again, it's arguably the top 500 wrestlers in the world. That's the reason I chose to include 2 female polls, because both of those were 1/10th of the size of this list. While some might not agree that the PWI 500 is in fact the top 500 wrestlers in the world and they do have certain "rules" that prevent some wrestlers from even being included (Shawn Michaels isn't in, due to retiring after WrestleMania, for example) I don't know of a list compiled anywhere that includes 500 wrestlers and is as well known as PWI's.

My thougfht process here is "OK, I have a database of over 5000, FIVE THOUSAND wrestlers. That's 10 times bigger than the PWI 500 and and 100 times bigger than either of the female lists. In theory, I SHOULD have EVERY SINGLE WORKER listed on ANY of these included in the game. If not, They likley should be among the first considered when adding more workers.

First the PWI Female 50. Check. All 50 females included in that list are in the game. As a matter of fact, the Female 50 has been going on for three years now and EVERY SINGLE worker included in the three years of those lists is in the game. Awesome.

Second, Diva Dirt's 50 sexiest. After skimming the list, one name sticks out like a sore thumb...

33: Melanie Price "It’s a Brit entry for European up-start, Pro-Wrestling: EVE!"

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about Pro Wrestling: EVE. I live in the US and as I understand, this promotion is faily new. You might have noticed that for October's update, I did add a few members of the Pro Wrestling EVE roster, including Melanie Price (who, from what I read, is no longer with EVE). I'm not sure how accurate the stats are, as I based their stats on opponents they had faced and did my best to find mathes with workers already in the database. If any are wrong, please feel free to chime in. On top of that, after checking their website, I have found four workers that I would like to add, but haven't as of yet, because I can't really find anything on them:

Amazon, Destiny, Nikki Storm, Stayce Baybie

Finally, the PWI 500. Honestly, I was somewhat disappointed with this... I'm hoping some of these workers are in the game under a different name, because I have a list of 63 potential workers that made the PWI 500, but I don't even have in the game. That's 12.6% of the list.

That's where you guys come in. :)

Below is the list of workers on the 2010 PWI 500 that, to the best of my knowledge, are NOT in the game. I want to correct that, so any info on these guys that helps us add them to the database is greatly appreciated. If you happen to have the PWI 500 magazine, the anmes are listed in the order they appear, so, highest ranked first:

Ryota Hama, Tommaso Ciampa, Mascara Doarado, Ryan Eagles, Mike Rollins, Benjamin Boone, Hartley Jackson, J.C. Kea, Dal Knox, Tommy Thunda, Mahoney, Jonny Puma, Shane Haste, Lynx, Tank, Marion Fontaine, Zaquary Springate III, Orion Bishop, Titan, Damien Slater, Josef von Schmidt, Eric Cooper, Breaker Morant, Vinny Dunn, Scott Zen Zen, Steve O, Eddie Taurus, Mikaze, Chris Rockwell, Davey Deluxeo, Joe Bravo, Robbie Gilmore, Ryan Sawyer, Will Calrissian, Ananzi, Reiko DMF, Ron Falco, Vince Beach, Corey Hollis, Tommy Mack, Bill Collier, Scott Chase, Barry Ryte, Chrisifix, Chris Black, Kid America, Hellcat, Cameron Thomas, Marc Mandrake, Ray Alexander, A.J. Strokes, Phil Latio, Chris Cooper, Primo Scordino, Barry Hardy, Shockwave The Robot, Robert Roma, Billy Gibbs, Steve Kruz, Super Sweet, Brandon Thurston, Gabe Saint, Barry Wolf

After typing those, I'm hoping that some are just in the game under a different name, as some sounded familiar. Again, any help on reducing this list would be appreciated.

Finally, I must admit that I am getting pretty fed up with the whole "Wrestlicious" experiment. It seems to be taking them half of forever to get their content out to viewers and nobody seems to know when (or IF) there is going to be a "Season 2," as I personally have only seen 12 of the 13 "Season 1" episodes. I understand it's a wrestling/comedy show and that they supposedly are having talks with MTV2 about a show, but that remains to be seen.

Anyway, I see it like this: I'm working on a WRESTLING database, not a comedy database with some wrestling in the shows. Hell, if that were the case, we could put Drew Carey in, as he was actually a Royal Rumble participant. Anyway, the short story is, I'm running thin on patience with Wrestlicios and am starting to think that, while we can add the wrestlers/staff/etc into the game, maybe they shouldn't have one of the 34 promotion slots. I'd like to get others opinions on this but, if we do decide to remove Wrestlicious, I already have the promotion that would replace them in place and would just be looking for a few workers' stats. I'll put it in a spoiler if you want to be surprised, but if you want to help, the workers I need stats for are in the spoiler as well:

NCW Femmes Fatales

Angie Skye

Caroline Reno (Staff)

Eve

Kira

Loue

Missy

Moonlight

Segolene

Who are they in alphabetical order

Barry Hardy: THE Barry Hardy from WWF in the 1990's?

Damien Slater: Isn't that Idol Stevens new name in FCW

Gabe(Gabriel) Saint: NWA Empire/NWA Upstate wrestler

Hellcat: Was this "Hellcat" Mike Rose of NWA Empire/NWA Upstate (New York)?

Jonny Puma: NWA Empire/NWA Upstate wrestler.

Marc Mandrake: former NWA Upstate guy

Mikaze: I think is currently in the game as Kid Mikaze. I know Kid Mikaze changed his name to Mikaze and was doing a martial arts gimmick, no idea if he changed.

Steve Kruz: One half of the Killer Steves with Steve McKenzie from the Upstate New York area. Think a mix of the Killer Bees and Heavenly Bodies.

Vince Beach: I knew him. He is a friend of Mark Kreiger and I went to college with both a few years back.

Zaquary Springate III: Was 2CW's breakout heel until Isys Ephex got over.

Note: I have seen all of the NWA Upstate/2CW guys BUT the last time I saw those guys was in 2006 the earliest.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Many of the MMA guys in the database have done pro wrestling, but as far as I know, Cro Cop never has. (Fixed K-1 fights are another issue.) :)

I think he did through Hustle. Don't quote me though.

Boone and Fontaine are both Pro Wrestling Ohio guys. Here are some rough stats.

name Benjamin Boone,

short big bear

age 25

month ??

american

$4k

brawl 53

tech 11

fly 13

over 11

charisma 54

stiff 59

selling 45

heel

gimmick monster

tick menacing

name Marion Fontaine,

short megastar

age 26

month october

american

$4k

brawl 31

tech 46

fly 19

over 8

charisma 63

stiff 31

selling 58

heel

gimmick obnoxious (im going by what hes doing in PWO. might be a face in hybrid)

http://www.myspace.com/megastarmarion/ pick a pic

im pretty sure the only mma guys who have done wrestling before are ,tim sylvia (who isn't in the game by the way) josh barnett, and brock lesnar.

i'll have to go through the game and look at all the guys tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkrF-xaMT9I

/watch?v=sbwo4IEsyu8

/watch?v=_Wq0YdbHlxo

/watch?v=yJ4hoKY22DA

I would remove Austin Aries from PWG, I haven't seen him there for a while bar the BOLA. I would also remove Brodie Lee from Evolve and add him to DGUSA since DGUSA is a bigger company and has PPV. Also Remove Claudio Castagnoli from Evolve and add him to PWG and make him their world champion and possibly add Kevin Steen to PWG.

Edited by Y2JFan111

I would need Size, Base, Cash, Image, Risk, Production, Ads and Merchandise if we're gonna get NWA Hollywood in the November update. Hopefully, someone has an idea on at least a starting point.

On top of the above, it looks like their TV show is "NWA Championship Wrestling From Hollywood." I haven't done much research, but a quick glance on their website.. Is that right? Hoping to get this on in the next couple days, assuming I get the info I need. :)

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I would need Size, Base, Cash, Image, Risk, Production, Ads and Merchandise if we're gonna get NWA Hollywood in the November update. Hopefully, someone has an idea on at least a starting point.

On top of the above, it looks like their TV show is "NWA Championship Wrestling From Hollywood." I haven't done much research, but a quick glance on their website.. Is that right? Hoping to get this on in the next couple days, assuming I get the info I need. :)

-Bill

NWA Championships Wrestling From Hollywood is the name of the promotion BUT, it would not fit in the name field as it is one letter too long.

I'd put them at Regional size, 65 image (putting them behind CHIKARA, JAPW & SHIMMER,) 1,500,000 for starting cash, 66 Risk, 65 Production (reason via Diva Dirt), 40 Ad and 20 Merchandise.

-Bill

NWA Championships Wrestling From Hollywood is the name of the promotion BUT, it would not fit in the name field as it is one letter too long.

I'd put them at Regional size, 65 image (putting them behind CHIKARA, JAPW & SHIMMER,) 1,500,000 for starting cash, 66 Risk, 65 Production (reason via Diva Dirt), 40 Ad and 20 Merchandise.

Why not then just Championship Wrestling from Hollywood with the initals CWH or NWA HD

To be honest I think the WWE roster needs to be looked at in general. Finlay has amazing stats but hasn't wrestled full-time for a while. Why all meaningless NXT tag teams have their own added tag team in the game is beyond me, and all with like 2 or 3 points. Alberto Del Rio's charisma and wrestling skills are too low and he should be more over, while guys like Rhodes and McIntyre probably shouldn't be as over as they are now. Might sound like nitpicking but I feel some guys are being overrated while others underrated.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Random notes:

Escoria left the Dark Family and aligned with Cibernetico. Make him a tweener.

Add Lizzy Valentine(Kandi Kisses) and Christina Von Eerie to NWA Hollywood.

Katie Lea (Burchill) debuted in TNA as Winter who is a witch or something. I am not sure on her alignment or her gimmick but that's my best guess.

As for Del Rios wrestling skills, he's fine as is and I think he should have 78 for overness.

I think Cody and Drew's overness is fine as is as well.

As for "meaningless NXT teams," I do not think they because you can always change them to inactive IF you rather do your own thing for NXT.