Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

probablyoliver

The tank isn't disappointing, it's just that getting 100% sync with it is next to fucking impossible.

Still, I absolutely adore this game. Got the Collector's Edition, worth every penny. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet but will when I beat the game and 100% it like I usually do with Assassin's Creed. Very easily my personal game of the year right now.

I didn't like the tank mission, it was a bit dull. The machine gun mission was awesome, the naval cannon was alright and the bomber was hard as balls (although surprisingly easy to get 100% on, strange). Currently on sequence 5, I think I actually prefer the storyline to Brotherhood to II. As epic as the storyline was in II, it wasn't easy to keep on track with, saved by the third act and then curve balled in the last few minutes. I really hope III isn't all present day though, but good grief I hope it gets out of Italy. I love Ezio, but yeah, a new setting is vital. Victorian England would be my personal choice for wonderfulness.

Not sure how this ranks as far as game of the year is concerned, it's definitely top 5, but so far Alan Wake tops it ever so slightly.

My personal top 4 goes, from top to bottom, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, Red Dead, and Brotherhood. Brotherhood and Red Dead could easily flip flop.

Finally finished the story last night, and holy fuck is the ending awesome(IMO.) A better ending in my honest opinion than 2, and I'm really surprised they were able to do this well of a story with less than a year to develop it. I look forward to discussing the end game once someone else beats it :shifty:

Unfortunately I haven't played any of the games up til now. And for this one, I only played the multiplayer. So now I must go and start the other games and make it through so I can know how awesome the story is. If you want another body in the multiplayer, my Gamertag is Jared Crowe.

honestly, just jump straight to ACII, the story's fairly easy to pick up (in as much as the most convulsed and ridiculously OTT story in gaming history can be picked up easily), and though the first one is okay, the second is unbelievably better in every conceivable way.

I loved Assassin's Creed 1 for the story, but it really was repetitive as hell. I was able to beat it and play through it because, again, fell in love with the story for it and all... but yeah. The fighting mechanics weren't nearly as polished. Parkour was still great though.

I like the little things you need to do like kill a guy a certain way to get full marks on a mission but I fucking despise it everytime it gives you a "recieve no damage" one. When there's fifteen fucking guys and they only attack me whilst I'm in the middle of an execution animation how the fuck am I supposed to stop myself from taking any fucking damage?

I like the little things you need to do like kill a guy a certain way to get full marks on a mission but I fucking despise it everytime it gives you a "recieve no damage" one. When there's fifteen fucking guys and they only attack me whilst I'm in the middle of an execution animation how the fuck am I supposed to stop myself from taking any fucking damage?

Time your counter-kills in the middle of a kill. I know it sounds odd, but if you time it right Ezio speeds up a bit to push away the guy he just shanked and he turns to answer the attack of the guy behind him. You just have to be fast, because if you mess up the timing on it you'll get hit and the whole thing gets fucked up.

They're not that difficult really, it's the fucking tank mission being "take no damage" that's outright bullshit. Despise whoever thought that'd be a good idea.

Finished the story this morning. Wonderful, wonderful. Massive fucking spoilers AHOY!

Minerva is a dick. Although this makes III waaaaay more interesting. I mean, I presume Lucy is full-on dead, so what the fuck are Shaun and Rebecca going to say? I hope they don't cop-out and just forgive Desmond because it was the apples fault. But yeah, seriously, what the fuck happens now?

I'm so desperate to play this game right now. I don't know if I can make it to Christmas. I know I'm getting it, but I'm seriously considering just going out and getting another copy just to have it a few weeks earlier.

It's probably a good thing that Stokerino is here to prevent me from being daft and waste money....but I want to play so much :crying:

After the great disappointment that was AC 1, and then the sudden awesomeness and sheer joy of AC 2 I can only imagine how much better Brotherhood is.

Christmas couldn't come soon enough for me.

Well you can buy the maps for the mainland ones, and the dungeon ones aren't too difficult. The only ones that are a pain are the first couple in the vatican, because getting flags whilst chasing a dude is annoying as all hell. But yeah, it's pretty easy.