Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

probablyoliver

Christ, I had sort of being half-assuming the next game would be mainly a modern day Desmond game or something (I've not yet seen the ACB ending, but I just read someone suggest that online somewhere), and therefore a bit blah.

But a game in the time you suggest would be AMAZING.

Ordered this last week and Play still not looked at the order apparently :(

AC3 sounds interesting in that setting though, It springs into mind in a similar way to Empire Total War though in that a few things'll be done differently due to the change in eras but that may not be a bad thing.

At least the time the website rumoured (does it need to be kept spoilered, really?) is lovely and chaotic. Plenty of scope for assassin fun.

As for WW1, there aren't excactly rooftops you can run across to get into the German trenches. :shifty:

As for WW1, there aren't excactly rooftops you can run across to get into the German trenches. :shifty:

Wasn't one of the factors leading to WW1 an assassination. That bloke Archie Duke who shot an ostrich because he was hungry? :shifty: so theoretically a WW1 story could be the build up to war rather than the actual war itself. There were commando raids on the trench lines so I suppose they could use that but agree it doesn't lend itself to the idea of the game that well.

I can't imagine Victorian England ever happening, simply because of the importance of religious/catholic themes and stuff. Obviously England was a protestand country by this point, and had virtually no Catholic figures of any real importance, save for Cardinal Newman, who was an idiot. Also, Britain wasn't really anywhere near as religious as it had been anyway, due to the likes of Chambers and Darwin.

Shame really, because it would be good. I'd love an open world type game set in Victorian times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This game just doesn't feel as fun as AC2. The lack of real ability to run the rooftops, and the way every place is so distanced from each other seems to really ruin the flow.

On the plus side, the tests for 100% sync make the game a lot more fun, since you can now seemingly actually fail somewhat.

This game just doesn't feel as fun as AC2. The lack of real ability to run the rooftops, and the way every place is so distanced from each other seems to really ruin the flow.

It's better than Revelations. It may just be all the domes (:shifty:), but Constantiople seems less well-suited to crossing via rooftop than Rome did...unless you get a zipcord, of course. Half the time I find it easier to just run through the streets.

This game just doesn't feel as fun as AC2.

AC2 is one of the best games this generation, absolute gem.

Brotherhood from what I've played is good (really need to go back and finish it) but wasn't a huge leap forward from AC2 like that was from the first game which lets it down a little bit, but still a really good game.

• 2 weeks later...