OCCW

phatman

Chapter One: The Departure

Date: March 25th 2007

Scene: WrestleMania XXIII

This was to be Jim Ross’ last night as an announcer in the WWE, as his contract was coming to an end and Vince thought it was time for him to move on. Vince would give Ross a chance to give a final speech to the fans and to his partner Jerry Lawler after WrestleMania XXIII went off the air…

WrestleMania ended in dramatic fashion as Shelton Benjamin pinned Randy Orton in the main event to capture his first ever WWE World Heavyweight Championship and the fans were going wild. There was still 15 minutes left of the broadcast and No Chance hit throughout the arena. Vince McMahon appeared on the stage and he was applauding the two wrestlers in the main event, who were both standing in the middle of the ring. Vince McMahon came down and grabbed a microphone from ringside and began to speak…

Vince McMahon: Tonight was a very special night for all of us. It will be a night that will not be forgotten for a very long time. Not only is it the first time that Mr. Benjamin is wearing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship but it is also Jim Ross’ final night as a WWE announcer… Please everybody give it up for the man that has worked long and hard to please you people… Give it up for Jim ‘JR’ Ross…

The fans in the arena erupted as Jim Ross should up from the announcers table. Jerry Lawler shook his hand and smiled at him as Ross left the table and up and into the ring. Ross shakes hands with Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin & Vince McMahon before taking the microphone…

Jim Ross: Vince it felt like only yesterday that wrestling was going down the tubes and we weren’t going to make it through but we did. We were the only company to make it through. They were the darkest times for me in the WWE and you know something, they weren’t that dark at all because I had my family here to help. The WWE is my family and it always will be my family. However its time for me to move on and leave the family that I know will always be here for me… Vince something you said earlier was correct… I have worked long and hard to please the people and it will be my final night in the WWE… BUT… What Vince McMahon and the majority of the WWE don’t know is that I am not the only person leaving tonight…

Vince McMahon has a confused look on his face as Ross looks around the arena and the fans are going nuts…

Jim Ross: JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER…

Vince McMahon’s jaw drops as King stands up from the announcers position and joins Ross in the ring. The fans in the arena are going crazy…

Jim Ross: You see Vince, over the past few years Jerry and myself have being saving our money… Saving our money for something special… we saved just over 4 million dollars over the past 5 years… Jerry wasn’t happy that the WWE wasn’t going to offer me a contract extension, so he has decided to leave… The WWE has no competition at all… You’re the only company in America and making money every single day… But that’s all about to change…

Vince McMahon starts choking and is signalling to the backstage area to cut all the cameras but they cant because the PPV isn’t finished yet. Jim Ross hands the microphone over to Jerry Lawler as the fans in the arena are still going wild…

Jerry Lawler: Vince… There’s a new company in town… OCCW! Funded by Jim Ross, Myself and a small multi-million dollar business in Orange County… We give you ORANGE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!

Vince McMahon starts laughing as he hears the name. Vince gets another microphone handed to him…

Vince McMahon: You two cant really be serious… I mean you won’t have enough money to fund it… As a matter of fact you don’t even have any wrestlers…

Jerry Lawler: Whoa Vince… Hold that thought… You see, there are five wrestlers in the WWE who are about to end their contract and one of those men is someone I’m looking at right now…

Jerry Lawler glances in the direction of Shelton Benjamin & Randy Orton… Vince McMahon starts gulping as he looks at them… Orton has a smirk on his face as Vince looks at him… Vince walks up to Orton and begins to abuse him… As Vince turns around though Shelton nails him in the face with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship… Vince McMahon is down and out as Randy Orton looks on with a surprised look on his face… Randy Orton leaves the ring and walks into the backstage area… Shelton Benjamin is in the middle of the ring with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship over his shoulder… Shelton grabs the microphone that Vince dropped…

Shelton Benjamin: That’s right punk… You wanna treat me like I'm nothing... You should have being treating me with some respect for the past couple of years... I could of being the biggest superstar since The Rock... Well this is your fault Vince... You mis-used something great and now I'm going to run with something great... Because Shelton Benjamin has just become the first employee of OCW…

Shelton puts the microphone down and places the WWE World Heavyweight Championship over Vince McMahon… Shelton proceeds to spit on Vince McMahon as the fans in the arena are cheering and going nuts… Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross each grab an arm of Benjamins and they raise it high in the air in the middle of the ring as WrestleMania XXIII closes out…

I'm not liking it so far for a couple of reasons. Some questions for you as well:

Am I right in assuming that Shelton Benjamin won't be around for a while due to the assault charges which will be brought against him and the inevitable conviction?

As well as an assault charge, wouldn't Benjamin also be sued for breach of contract? And JR and Lawler would be charged as well wouldn't they?

Why did the production team allow JR and Lawler to announce the formation on air. You would think as soon as Ross started to deviate from his farewell speech then the feed would be cut out or at least the sound taken out of his microphone.

Why Orange County Championship Wrestling? I know it's based in the OC and that's fine, but if they're coming out as contenders for the WWE a name showing the company on a global scale would have been much better.

I wouldn't see the WWE fans going nuts. They paid to see Benjamin vs. Orton. Yeah they got it, but it's tainted now. If I was a fan there I personally would be booing the living hell out them.

Chapter Two: The Arrival

Date: March 26th, 2007

Scene: An Office Situated Somewhere In Orange County

Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler are sitting in an office as they watch WWE RAW. RAW finishes and JR and King begin to talk about where they are taking OCCW…

Jim Ross: Well that was very interesting stuff King… Joey Styles & The Coach replacing us… Matt Hardy winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a battle royal... Kevin Dunn being fired for not cutting the Pay Per View last night... What about Vince giving his speech on how the WWE will survive and how OCCW will never even be shown on Television... Boy is he in for a surprise...

Jerry Lawler: Yeah it was interesting… Have you phoned the other guys yet?

Jim Ross: Yeah… I did that earlier and they will be here tomorrow… There contracts don’t officially run out until Sunday but we can talk to them until then…

Jerry Lawler: Are you sure this is what you want to do JR?

Jim Ross: Definitely… This is something we’ve being planning for a long time now and its going to happen…

Jerry Lawler: Yeah… I just didn’t think that Orange County, California would be a place that JR would like to go…

Jim Ross: It’s not a place that I would love to stay in for the rest of my life but it does have its advantages…

Jerry Lawler smirks at Jim Ross as he says that…

Jerry Lawler: So is OCCW officially opening for business on April 12th?

Jim Ross: No… It’s open as of now… Our first show will be Monday April 12th…

Jerry Lawler: Alright well I’ve got to make a couple of phone calls and stuff to make sure we’ll have enough staff and be ready for that date…

Jim Ross: OK… I’ll talk to you in the next few days…

Jerry Lawler: I got the strangest feeling that Vince McMahon is going to have the biggest heart attack in the next few days when he finds out who else is leaving…

Jim Ross: No he wont... He's expecting it to be young stars that are on the verge of breaking out... So he really won't do anything... I'm surprised he hasnt checked to see who's contracts are running out... Actually show up here tomorrow... We can explain to Shelton, Christian, Paul, Billy & Charlie where we want OCCW to go...

Jerry Lawler: Ok... See You tomorrow JR...

Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross both begin laughing as Lawler walks out of the office…

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like JR and King pulled a Vince Russo. Is that legal for someone under contract to do that on-air while he is still under contract from his employer(WWE)....cause as you said, it was JR's last day. But still.he is under contract on that last day and that is something that Vince wont let him get away with. Unless I'm mistaken that is.

OCCW eh? Good.....too bad it was 'orange' instead of 'oklahoma'

JR marking out for the sooners and oklahoma>Orange County

Chapter Three: A New Beginning

Date: April 1st, 2007

Scene: The King's Palace in Orange County

Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Christian, Paul London & Billy Kidman are all sitting at a table in Jerry Lawler’s palace and are throwing down some drinks as they prepare to sign contracts…

Christian: Dude, what you guys did at WrestleMania was totally awesome… I mean you guys had Vince fuming backstage after the event…

Charlie Haas: Your damn right they did… Vince was taking about suing the two of you, and you Shelton for breach of contract but everyone calmed him and down and said that a little bit of healthy competition will do em good…

Shelton Benjamin: Aw well, that fool hasn’t used any of us properly since we’ve being in the WWE, I mean c’mon Christian, my man, you should have held the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at least once by now but no, you’ve being held back… As a matter of fact everyone here should have held the belt, well except you Kidman… Nah just playing man…

Jim Ross: He didn’t sue us and that’s it… I think we need to get these contracts signed and make sure we are all happy with the decision… You all sure you want to go through with this?

Each man nods yes towards JR. JR slides a pen to each man in the room and at the same time they each sign a contract…

Jim Ross: Now here is what King and I have planned… On the 12th of April, you five men have a press conference at the staples center in Los Angeles… You will need to promote our first event, which will be on April 29th… Whilst you will be doing that, King and I will be getting talent prepared and signing contracts… Let’s have some fun with this boys and lets be a real threat to Vince… Go out there and let him know that there’s a new company in town…

King & JR both nod as the other five men continue to carry on drinking and screaming down out across the room…

With that done, OCCW takes off with five huge stars signing… Questions still remain though… Who else will be signing with OCCW? Will OCCW have a television deal? Will OCCW be able to compete with Vince McMahon and the WWE? Only time will tell the answers to these questions…

user posted image

Company Details

Public Image: National 20%

Money: $25,000,000

Risk Level: 66%

Production Values: 85%

Sponsors: Los Angeles Lakers, Castrol GTX, 1-800 Collect, Dodge

Male Roster

Aaron Proctor

Abaddon

Aaron Winsor

Air Paris

AJ Styles

Alex Shane

Alix Kidd

Arch Kinkaid

Austin Lee

Bill McNiel

Billy Kidman

Brian Phoenix

Charlie Haas

Chase Stevens

Christian

Conner Grey

Danny Doring

Drew Whitman

Eli McAllister

Giovanni Roselli

Jeff Hardy

John Moss

Jonah Adelman

Josh Price

Kid Rage

Lash LeRoux

Liam Grey

Matt Jackson

Max Parker

Paul London

Ray González

Ryan Phoenix

Ryan Summers

Scott Bradly

Sean Stylez

Sebastian Night

Shark Boy

Shelton Benjamin

Sonny Siaki

Stevie Fabulous

Triston Dallas

Wesley Stevenson

Female Roster

Alicia Webb

Amy Papanicaulao

Chasity

Goldylocks

Kiahnee Lewis

Kristen Forbes

Lizzy Borden

Madeline Thompson

Simply Luscious

Trinity

Titles

OCCW Heavyweight Championship: Vacant

OCCW Universal Championship: Vacant

OCCW Cruiserweight Championship: Vacant

OCCW Tag Team Championship: Vacant

Edited by phatman

Press Conference News

· It was announced that after their first Pay Per View, Orange County Championship Wrestling, would begin airing shows live on Monday night in the early evening spot on USA Network and after a month or so, USA would review the show and see if it can be promoted to Prime Time… OCCW Heatwave will be the name of the show… Heatwave will be live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles every week…

· It was announced that a few surprise celebrities will appear at each show…

· OCCW Sunshine Massacre was announced as the title for the Pay Per View on April 29th 2007… Here is the card that was released with it…

OCCW Cruiserweight Championship

Shark Boy vs Austin Lee

Jeff Hardy vs Chase Stevens

OCCW Tag Team Championship

Liam & Conner Grey vs Phoenix Foundation vs Scott Bradly & Eli McAllister

Sean Stylez vs Ryan Summers

Max Parker vs Lash LeRoux

OCCW Universal Championship

AJ Styles vs Sonny Siaki vs Paul London vs Billy Kidman

OCCW Heavyweight Championship

Shelton Benjamin vs Christian vs Charlie Haas

Tie Breaker

Which Celebrity will show up at OCCW Sunshine Massacre:

Please feel free to make predictions for the first ever OCCW PPV... Winner will get to pick the stipulations of the double main event at the next PPV...

Edited by phatman

Shark Boy vs Austin Lee

Tie Breaker

Which Celebrity will show up at OCCW Sunshine Massacre: David Boreanaz

Shark Boy vs Austin Lee

Tie Breaker

Which Celebrity will show up at OCCW Sunshine Massacre: David Boreanaz(cos i know you phatman lol...)

Shark Boy vs Austin Lee

Tie Breaker