Jeopardy to have a supercomputer contestant

Maxx

Ken: "What is the 1920s"

Alex: "No. Watson?"

Watson: "What is the 1920s"

:lol:

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah that's one safeguard you'd think they'd be sure to give it :shifty:

Though if it involves voice-recognition software, the best idea might be for the humans to speak in odd inflections.

Just found this interesting article about Trebek: http://www.newsweek.com/2011/02/13/is-alex-trebek-in-jeopardy.html

The host himself seems to yearn for a life beyond Jeopardy! “I don’t want to do this forever,” he tells NEWSWEEK, intimating that he may finally call it quits when his current contract expires in 2014. It bears noting that Trebek has repeatedly threatened to retire over the years, but he always reneges before his producers really start to worry (that may have something to do with his salary, which is rumored to be in the double-digit millions). “There are other things I’d like to do,” he says. Traveling more would be nice. Three times during a series of interviews, he mentions how much he enjoys fixing sprinklers.
  • Like 1

Silly Watson, Toronto isn't a US city.

But damn if that wasn't a total squash.

The wagers were interesting. I like that it has the sense to know how big of a lead it had and to wager accordingly. Pearson and the downtown Toronto airport are named after people who were involved in WWI and not WWII. Would have liked to see what it was thinking as its 2nd and 3rd response on that list. Still very impressive.

Edit: I also like that Ken Jennings inspired IBM to take on this project.

Edited by sahyder1

"I for one welcome our new computer overlords"

Smart move, Ken. We... I mean they... will spare you when the time comes.