2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Wainwright needs Tommy John surgery. I don't know if this makes the Cardinals more or less likely to sign Pujols.

I think if this puts anyone in play it's Rasmus. I really doubt the Cards want to go into the season in this loaded division with Pujols potentially walking at the end of the year with Westbrook as their #3. Not like LaRussa will use Rasmus properly anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-mets-mlbloan

The New York Mets who built an $850 million stadium less than 2 years ago, actually had to borrow money from MLB. Can we just exile the Wilponzis and try to save this franchise before everyone bails out on the team?

I remember the guys on PTI shooting down Donald Trump as a potential buyer for the team. Now, even Trump would be an improvement.

Looks like the Mets' CF race is over before it ever really started. Beltran initiated a meeting with Collins and Pagan and informed them that he thinks it would be best to move to RF.

Good on Carlos. He hasn't even played a game in center yet this spring and he realizes that even if he gets good mobility, Pagan is just better suited for the spot. Hoping he gets into some games starting next week because even though it's still the outfield, he's gotta learn the nuances of playing in right.

Aaaand Chris Carpenter left the game today with an injury. If this is serious, the Cards had better become buyers fast if they even want to think about contending in the Central this year.

Wasn't the loan for the Mets more to do with the billion dollar lawsuit they are facing?

The NY Post is "reporting" that the Mets are looking for ANOTHER loan now. This time they're apparently looking for something in the "tens of millions" from JP Morgan Chase in order to cover operating expenses. This franchise is DOA until the Wilpons sell. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draw less than 1.5 million fans this year.

Maybe I'm slightly insane but I'm really looking forward to baseball season this year. Maybe it's the fact that I'm likely to have a more prominent role behind the scenes of the Pirates gameday broadcasts, or maybe it's just that the team finally has some good young talent but either way I'm excited.

The fact that the Pirates didn't lose to the State University of Florida Manatees this year helps too.

aaaaaand 2 days after finally DH'ing in a game, Beltran is shut down with tendinitis in his OTHER knee.

Unreal. He is physically incapable of staying healthy, his knees are shot. I feel bad for the guy because he works hard to get out there but he's turning into the new Moises Alou. Mets are downplaying it of course and saying he'll be back in games within a week - but truthfully I see no way he's in right field on Opening Day.

The thing that worries me more is that these Beltran and Santana injuries make it even more likely that Alderson (who already is against long-term contracts) won't re-sign Reyes. Hell, Wright's a free agent after 2012 and he'll want a huge deal too. Good thing Sandy's got good draft reputation.

2011 Season Predictions

American League

East - Boston Red Sox

Central - Minnesota Twins

West - Oakland Athletics

Wild Card - New York Yankees

National League

East - Philadelphia Phillies

Central - Milwaukee Brewers

West - San Francisco Giants

Wild Card - Florida Marlins

Playoffs

Philadelphia def. Florida in 7

New York def. Boston in 7

Philadelphia def. New York in 5

AL CY Young - Justin Verlander (Detroit)

NL CY Young - Josh Johnson (Florida)

AL MVP - Adrian Gonzalez (Boston)

NL MVP - Albert Pujols (St. Louis)