2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Jose Reyes bunts for a single in the 1st inning, then pulls himself out of the game to angry boos. 90% of the fans who went to today's game went just to watch Reyes for likely the last time.

Batting title or not...that's a dick move.

You can't really blame him since none of the Mets know how to win anything. <_<

Jose Reyes bunts for a single in the 1st inning, then pulls himself out of the game to angry boos. 90% of the fans who went to today's game went just to watch Reyes for likely the last time.

People are going to kill him because it is Reyes and it is the Mets but Braun will pull himself out of the game if he is in a position to clinch the batting title. Guys pull themselves out or stay out of the lineup at the end of the season all the time.

If you buy tickets for the end of the season to run the risk of not seeing the stars. Is it fair? No. But it happens all the time in all sports.

Edited by sahyder1

The fans still have a right to be pissed off seeing that this is probably the last game he'll play for the Mets, though.

They do but fans hung around after the game to give him a curtain call. He's never been a selfish player. He plays hard. He gave them a ridiculous discount on his last contract. If it was someone with a history of being selfish I might think otherwise.

Great night of baseball ahead. Simon just touched 102 on the radar gun in the first inning. Sox might have a tough time against a guy with a sinker like Simon has. I can't imagine New York putting up too much of a fight against the Rays knowing they can potentially oust the Sox from the playoff picture.

Mets fans don't need much of a reason to be pissed off, either, I suppose.

I didn't watch the game so I don't know how loud the boos were. I heard about the curtain call while driving home as the post game show had just started on WFAN. I haven't checked to see if the rest of the NY media is attacking Reyes too or if it was just Francesa trying to stir things up.

People are going to kill him because it is Reyes and it is the Mets but Braun will pull himself out of the game if he is in a position to clinch the batting title. Guys pull themselves out or stay out of the lineup at the end of the season all the time.

If you buy tickets for the end of the season to run the risk of not seeing the stars. Is it fair? No. But it happens all the time in all sports.

Not too sure about Braun. The Brewers actually are playing a game they must win if they want a chance at having the #2 seed and home field advantage.

I do hope this wasn't the way Reyes' Mets career ends. It's been a thrill watching him for 7 and a half years. However, with the Mets payroll decreasing I'm not sure that Alderson will be willing to spend $20 million a year on any one player. Some Mets fans called in today saying they wanted the Mets to go after Fielder and move Ike Davis to right field. Yeah right.

I do hope this wasn't the way Reyes' Mets career ends. It's been a thrill watching him for 7 and a half years. However, with the Mets payroll decreasing I'm not sure that Alderson will be willing to spend $20 million a year on any one player. Some Mets fans called in today saying they wanted the Mets to go after Fielder and move Ike Davis to right field. Yeah right.

Yeah, I'm not a Mets fan but I want to see him stick around here. I love the way he plays the game. I would love for the Angels to go after him but I don't see it happening. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he did return to New York though. I could see him giving them a home town discount. He seems to love playing here and living here for that matter.