The Pop Music Thread

StevenRichardsRules

The new Avril song is fucking shite.

Not particularly liking that GaGa song.

New Rihanna is good (in fact, thinking about it, the majority of her singles I've really liked. She's still never topped the "SOS" video for general fit-ness though), but one thing annoys me about it, "But chains and whips excite me" should really, really be "But whips and chains excite me", how it is just feels wrong. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Not sure I really dig the Gaga song either. It's very meh for me, at least the first few times I've heard it. Definately a lot more 80s-ish/Madonna-ish than most of the stuff I've heard so far. As someone else said, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I am really digging Usher's couple of singles (well, DJ Got Us Falling In Love and More). They're light, fun and just catchy as hell. Which is good, considering I've been meh on him for the last couple of years (OMG was pretty terrible, that song about sex in a club was horrendous, what did he even release before that?).

I really like Kesha's "Blow". Pretty sure I've listened too it too much, since my room mates have been giving me strange looks.

New Lady Gaga's still not working for me. It sounds like Express Yourself if it was shit.

Kesha doesn't work for me at all. Even if she was actually good I'd probably still hate her cause she's such a pillock

Ministry Of Sound Clubbers Guide To 2011 is a really nice album. I had it on at work all weekend.

Apart from Born This Way, the other song I'm really liking right now is Fucking Perfect. I also didn't realise I liked Raise Your Glass so much...Pink seems to have this weird thing with me of me not liking her song the first time I hear it, coming back to it a bit later and realising it's actually a good song.

Also, her version of Whataya Want From Me is probably better than Glambert's...which is a bit annoying, given that I sort of :wub: him

Oh, you knew I had to say something about it pervert.gif

So, yeah. I like the song and I am actually impressed with the video. It was kind of weird though. It kind of felt like you are getting a little too "close" to her at times with the camera angles. That kind of freaked me out.

Still, if the direction is to go with a harder bassline and more dub then I'm for it. It will set her apart from the rest of the pop music scene.

Not a fan of "Hold It Against Me". I do kinda like the beat, but the chorus is sooo cheesy. Like, country music-cheesy. Speaking of, hasn't country used that one already (if I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?). I swear to God that they have.

I kinda dug Lady Gaga's "Paper Gangster" on first listen. It's probably gonna get a second (and third) listen right away. Is that the new single? I noticed there was a video for it on Youtube.

I know how late I am with this, but man I can't get over how much I do not like "Fascination" by Alphabeat. A lot of their other stuff is really good, but it just does not do and never has done anything for me. Also, Anders SG is far too happy all the time. <_<

You have no soul. It's the most infectious song ever!

Not a fan of "Hold It Against Me". I do kinda like the beat, but the chorus is sooo cheesy. Like, country music-cheesy. Speaking of, hasn't country used that one already (if I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?). I swear to God that they have.

I kinda dug Lady Gaga's "Paper Gangster" on first listen. It's probably gonna get a second (and third) listen right away. Is that the new single? I noticed there was a video for it on Youtube.

Yeah, the Bellamy Brothers sang it and are looking into suing Britney for it.

Heh, knew it.

Also, I just realized what "Paper Gangster" sounds like. Some of the non-chorus vocals sound a LOT like Eiffel 65. It uses auto-tune at the start of certain lines then fades it out. I sadly own an Eiffel 65 album (Europop, actually) and it reminds me of some of their non-singles like Too Much of Heaven or Hyperlink (Deep Down).

Fuck the Bellamy Brothers. It sounds nothing like their shit song in it's entirety and it's a cheesy pick-up line used openly by everyone who is shite at pulling (i.e. me).

Not that I am biased or anything.

Anyway, I would comment on Lady Gaga but she infuriates me and just thinking about her songs in the slightest gets me angry, so it's best I don't mad.gif