Grammy Awards 2011

Damian WayLNKe

Indeed, why would we reward an angry rich guy from Detroit when we could reward some angry Canadians (and an American somewhere) who have gorgeous music behind them?

But no seriously, hip-hop isn't fucked over by the system. EMINEM IS THE MOST POPULAR ARTIST IN HIS FIELD. It's like when Esperanza won, they weirdly went on what the award would do for popularity in their field, like when Herbie Hancock won an award and people suddenly realized he actually has released songs not called "Rock It".

I don't know if this is trolling or not, but for fuck's sake, it's the Grammys.

Guest JukeboxHero

Not trolling at all. I can honestly say that I don't think there wasn't a bad track on Recovery and it was Em's best studio album to date. He walked away with 2 Grammys, but he definitely deserved more. Recovery was something of a comeback for him since Relapse bombed and proved how much Em had grown up and improved. Personally, Arcade Fire does nothing for me.

Indeed, why would we reward an angry rich guy from Detroit when we could reward some angry Canadians (and an American somewhere) who have gorgeous music behind them?

But no seriously, hip-hop isn't fucked over by the system. EMINEM IS THE MOST POPULAR ARTIST IN HIS FIELD. It's like when Esperanza won, they weirdly went on what the award would do for popularity in their field, like when Herbie Hancock won an award and people suddenly realized he actually has released songs not called "Rock It".

I don't know if this is trolling or not, but for fuck's sake, it's the Grammys.

All of Herbie Hancock's songs are not called "Rock It".

Now that is trolling. >_>

But yeah, I just assumed nobody who likes proper music actually gave a damn about the Grammy Awards. Much like the Brit Awards in that respect.

• Like 2

"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy! not being up for the album of the year is shit

It's going to be nominated most definitely for next year's Grammys. There's a cut-off date and Kanye West didn't make it but his single "Power" did. I don't see how Eminem could've bagged the "Best Rap Song" because as good as "Not Afraid" was, I thought "Power" was much better. However, I can see how he won Best Rap Album because there wasn't really any major competition (apart The Roots' album), no matter how average it is to me, it is an incredibly popular album and the result could be seen from a mile away.

Roll on Grammys 2012, the rap award section is going to be loaded. "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", hopefully "Watch The Throne", T.I.'s new album should definitely get nominated...

Edited by IzzyX

Three things:

1. The Grammys are a joke to begin with. Or need I remind you of Jethro Tull beating Metallica for a Heavy Metal Grammy? The Grammy voters are especially morons when it comes to the Metal and Rap categories.

2. Someone most people have never even fucking heard of winning Best New Artist is funny as hell. I'm just glad Justin Beiber didn't win it. However, a lot of the time winning that award is the kiss of death. A lot of acts who have won it became a lot less popular or outright vanished within a few years of winning. (However, I don't like what I've heard by Florence & The Machine so far and I still haven't heard anything from Mumford & Sons) If I wanted someone who deserved it to win, it would have been Drake.

3. Over at DVDVR, someone said Cee-Lo looked like Elton John had fucked the San Diego Chicken. (Obviously referring to the era when Elton wore wacky outfits) I can't think of a better description than that!

I was really happy to see Eminem pick up those awards, and his performance with Rihanna and Dre was fantastic. Speaking as a big fan of his, I wish he would show some personality like he used to. I understand that he has matured in life, but come on, it's not lame to crack a smile every once in a while.

Edited by Panni89

Three things:

1. The Grammys are a joke to begin with. Or need I remind you of Jethro Tull beating Metallica for a Heavy Metal Grammy? The Grammy voters are especially morons when it comes to the Metal and Rap categories.

2. Someone most people have never even fucking heard of winning Best New Artist is funny as hell. I'm just glad Justin Beiber didn't win it. However, a lot of the time winning that award is the kiss of death. A lot of acts who have won it became a lot less popular or outright vanished within a few years of winning. (However, I don't like what I've heard by Florence & The Machine so far and I still haven't heard anything from Mumford & Sons) If I wanted someone who deserved it to win, it would have been Drake.

3. Over at DVDVR, someone said Cee-Lo looked like Elton John had fucked the San Diego Chicken. (Obviously referring to the era when Elton wore wacky outfits) I can't think of a better description than that!

Is there an era where Elton doesn't wear wacky outfits?