Sonisphere UK: 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

Guest skipschool

Can't wait for this, already got people complaining all over my Facebook they wish they were going Soni than at Download right now, got this, Hevy and Reading to look forward to this year. The top two stages alternating is inspired, as on the Saturday there is so much I want to see!

I'm not a big metal fan so the Friday doesn't particularly bother me.

Weezer, You Me At Six, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, The Mars Volta, All Time Low, Sum 41, Kids In Glass Houses, Gallows, Richard Cheese, Bill Bailey, Four Year Strong, Alestorm (for the lolz), Sonic Boom Six, Don Broco, Me Vs Hero, Title Fight are all hopefully going to get watched, looks like a clash for FYS and Slipknot though, and I'll watch Slipknot, even though I prefer FYS's music, you've always gotta catch the 'knot when you can.

• 1 month later...

My friends were utterly baffled when I told them Fozzy topped Metallica for me...they were awesome, the whole crowd was great too...it was pretty much entirely wrestling fans. The ridiculously random chanting that went on for 20 minutes before they came on was hilarious...my friend had NO clue at all why people were chanting "FU-NA-KI!", "LION-HEART!" and "Y-2-J!" among others.

It was a great weekend...it rained a little more than I would've liked but overall, great stuff. The Big 4 and Slipknot were brilliant to see live, and I wasn't even really a big fan of Slipknot before they played.