TEW05 Real World Update: May 2011

Raw Notes

- McGullicutty and Otunga are the new tag champs.

- Although he doesn't appear regularly, when he does its on Raw so possibly place Bret Hart there.

- Kill Kharma's momentum. I don't care what WWE writes up after this, having a monster cry in the ring kills their momentum completely.

- Move R-Truth to upper midcard or maybe even main eventer. Not sure what his charisma is at but I would have it just a few points below Punk if it isnt.

- Drew McIntyre and Evan Bourne should both have a D or lower for momentum, both got squashed basically.

- Michael Cole is still on the announce team for Raw so no change there. Possibly lower his popularity and momentum because they killed off his heel character.

- Probably make Kane and Big Show an inactive tag team, pretty sure we won't be seeing show for a few months.

- Tough Enough Note, AJ Kirshe should have at least a 70 in charisma. He pulled off a damn good promo.

Superstars Spoiler

- Add Armando Estrada to the WWE. He came back as Tyson Kidd's manager. Set Michael Hayes back to his road agent or backstage role.

Smackdown Spoilers

- Turn Khali heel and make Dave Kapoor/Ranjin a backstage worker. Khali attacked him and left ringside with Jinder Mahal.

- Tamina should be a heel, she worked a tag match with Alicia Fox. Kaitlyn teamed with AJ Lee in the same match and they were managed by Natalya for the match.

Add Ultimo Guerrero to the CMLL booking team.

Set Drew McIntyre and Taryn Terrell to divorced.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe prestige, along with popularity should be based upon these recent attendance numbers.

-

WWE

* 5/21 Supershow in Yakima, Washington: 5,300 fans.

* 5/22 Over The Limit PPV in Seattle, Washington: 6,500 fans.

* 5/23 Monday Night Raw in Portland, Oregon: 7,500 fans.

TNA

* 5/20 in Amsterdam, New York: 1,000 fans.

* 5/21 in Plattsburgh, New York: 700 fans.

* 5/22 in Massena, New York: 600 fans.

ROH

The 5/21 Ring of Honor “Supercard of Honor VI” event in Chicago Ridge drew 700 fans.

Edited by tougie

Maybe it's just me, but maybe prestige, along with popularity should be based upon these recent attendance numbers.

-

WWE

* 5/21 Supershow in Yakima, Washington: 5,300 fans.

* 5/22 Over The Limit PPV in Seattle, Washington: 6,500 fans.

* 5/23 Monday Night Raw in Portland, Oregon: 7,500 fans.

TNA

* 5/20 in Amsterdam, New York: 1,000 fans.

* 5/21 in Plattsburgh, New York: 700 fans.

* 5/22 in Massena, New York: 600 fans.

ROH

The 5/21 Ring of Honor “Supercard of Honor VI” event in Chicago Ridge drew 700 fans.

To my understanding prestige is based on what type of talent would be willing to join them, the higher means everyone and as it goes down it gets harder to sign bigger stars

Elvis Pridemoor is the new OVW Champion.

Give Luke Hawx and Orlando Jordan either a best friend or a loyalty. They've opened a school together, awkward I know.

Edited by tougie

Vacate the CMLL Light Heavyweight Title, Shocker has been stripped of the belt due to injury.

Also, I'm not sure what AAA and CMLL's relationship in the game is, but having them be at war if their not is probably the best option.

Move Astro Boy to AAA, not sure of his status yet but it appears his debut there is imminent.

New WWE signing:

- It has been revealed that WWE has signed top Lucha heel Averno. He worked for CMLL for many years in a feud with current WWE star Sin Cara back when he was known as Mistico.

There is no word yet on what the company plans on doing with him. There had been rumors of WWE signing talent from Mexico prior to their Raw and Smackdown tapings in Mexico City in October.

Credit: PWInsider

Edited by JonathanYork

EDIT: Here's more to the new WWE signing.

SuperLuchas.net is reporting that WWE has signed Mexican Lucha Libre star Averno to a new deal. The report notes that Averno is expected to debut on the Smackdown brand and work with Sin Cara. The feeling is that WWE wants someone that Cara can work well with in order to showcase his moves, and Averno had a notable feud with Sin Cara during their time working in Mexico.

More on the story:

Averno, one of the top rudos for CMLL for the half decade, has signed a contract with WWE. Averno is joining the US promotion to resume his feud with Misitco (now Sin Cara) as an unmasked heel. The plan was for him to lose his mask to La Mascara at June 17ths Jucio Final, but plans may change as this news gets out. Multiple sources have confirmed to me both Avernos signing and his imminent mask loss.

WWE has been unhappy with Sin Caras matches so far. Atypically, theyve sought to resolve this by bringing in more agreeable opponents for him to work with. The story I was told is WWE went to Sin Cara and asked him that if he could work with anyone in the world, who would he most like to work with. Obviously, he picked his long time rival (and probably close friend) Averno. WWE earlier had Averno in for a tryout last October, the same tryout Mistico and Diamante were at (and which Durango Kid helped set up), but decided not to sign him at that time. Things have changed, and Averno secretly signed with WWE during their last tour of Mexico.

Its worth noting this is not actually an expanded WWE raid of CMLL luchadors or lucha style wrestlers in general. They want Averno to fill a specific need. I do not believe this directly increases (or decreases) their chances of signing anyone else from Mexico. To put it simply, WWE signing Averno does not mean theyre about to sign Fantasma or Sombra or anyone else.

This is also a big risk for Averno; hes coming in for a defined spot, but there may not be plans past that; compare Averno to Tyson Kidd, who works the style they WWE prefers, is very good at it, and is barely on their roster. Dropping your mask and going to WWE in hopes of a big push worked out for Alberto Del Rio, but not so much for Rey Ortiz. Since the plan is for him to work against Sin Cara, I expect he will be brought to the main roster quickly, and not go to FCW.

Averno has not informed CMLL of his WWE signing. Instead, Averno only told their programming department he wanted to lost his mask ASAP and, if they werent willing to do it, he would go to whichever outside promoter could pay him the most to drop it. CMLL agreed to do it there and scrambled their plans for June (a cage match which wouldve included the Gen11/Rayos feud and probably other rivalries; no loser had been definitively been decided), putting Avernos mask loss in on 06/17. Mascara Dorada wouldve been the preferred choice to win the mask, but hes locked in with NJPW comittements. Its unknown if other people were considered, but CMLL is said to be a very divided and unhappy place at the moment, and politics surely played some role in the decision (as they do in most.)

As I write this, I believe upper CMLL management is still unaware of Averno signing with WWE (though Im the impression that many other people in the company, which again speaks to the fractured nature of CMLL) and wouldve been when the card for next Friday was announced. Averno is not yet on any of the big six cards next week (GDL/Puebla/Mexico/Coliseo), but I do not believe that has anything to do with this news, and he is scheduled to work shows in Queretaro (Tuesday) and Xalapa (Wednesday).

I have declined to post about this because of that, and because early release of this information may cost peoples jobs, and may cost Averno a big payday. Thats not really worth being first, to me. Im posting this story now because the word has gotten out to enough people that theres really no way it can be kept as a secret any more. SuperLuchas has put the Averno to WWE portion on their cover, out today, though they are not confirming the mask loss.

Its possible that CMLL may pull the match as much for the betrayal as the result getting out (though that would mean Averno would just find someone else to pay for the mask), but the CMLL way tends to be to ignore the world around them. Also, theyd be able to beat soon to be WWE star on the way out, and CMLL thinks that would mean a lot to their fans. Well see.

Sorry I had to spoil this result for everyone. Didnt want to know who was going to win myself, but cant tell this story without telling that part.

Edited by ThTmp4

Kongo Kong - Midcard Heel in JCW

kongokong.jpg

Birth Month - March

Birth Year - 1979

Status - Active Wrestler

Style - Brawler

Size - Super Heavyweight

Personality & Attitude - Normal

Face/Heel Gimmick - Monster

Main Finisher - Oh Shit Body Splash (Pinfall)

Other Finisher - Choke Slam (Pinfall)

Bio - Kongo Kong wrestles for Insane Clown Posse's JCW. He is a very agile Super Heavyweight. He is usually managed by Truth Martini.

Language Skills & Favored Role

English - Fluent

Favored Role - Wrestler to Usually & everything else to never.

Popularity - 2% in all the US except 5% in the Great Lakes.

Stats

Brawling - 45

Power - 78

Strong Style - 16

Hardcore - 29

MMA Style - 0

Mat Work - 10

Chain Wrestling - 10

Submissions - 10

Aerial - 25

Flashiness - 20

Microphone - 24

Charisma - 58

Acting - 50

Looks - 67

Superstar Quality - 39

Basics - 35

Psychology - 30

Safety - 66

Consistency - 68

Selling - 66

Athleticism - 33

Toughness - 88

Stamina - 35

Intensity - 67

Stiffness - 44

Resilience - 70

Menace - 90

Refereeing - 0

Business Skill - 0

Booking Skill - 0

Respect - 3

Performance

Babyface - Medium

Heel - Good

Cool - Medium

Cocky - Medium

Crazy - Good

Legit - Good

Comedy - Weak

Weasel - Weak

Brute - Good

Weird - Medium

Wholesome - Weak

Physical - 100% in all categories

Edited by ThTmp4

A couple of updates from the UK following 1PW's events this weekend.

1PW Openweight champion is Noam Dar. Don't think he's on there yet so will do some more studying and try and give you details on him in the not too distant future.

1PW heavyweight champion is Lionheart

Would also recommend adding hatred between Rockstar Spud and Danny Rodd. Looks like Spuds still unpaid from an event last year judging by some comments he's been making recently.

EDIT: Here's more to the new WWE signing.

SuperLuchas.net is reporting that WWE has signed Mexican Lucha Libre star Averno to a new deal. The report notes that Averno is expected to debut on the Smackdown brand and work with Sin Cara. The feeling is that WWE wants someone that Cara can work well with in order to showcase his moves, and Averno had a notable feud with Sin Cara during their time working in Mexico.

More on the story:

Averno, one of the top rudos for CMLL for the half decade, has signed a contract with WWE. Averno is joining the US promotion to resume his feud with Misitco (now Sin Cara) as an unmasked heel. The plan was for him to lose his mask to La Mascara at June 17th’s Jucio Final, but plans may change as this news gets out. Multiple sources have confirmed to me both Averno’s signing and his imminent mask loss.

WWE has been unhappy with Sin Cara’s matches so far. Atypically, they’ve sought to resolve this by bringing in more agreeable opponents for him to work with. The story I was told is WWE went to Sin Cara and asked him that if he could work with anyone in the world, who would he most like to work with. Obviously, he picked his long time rival (and probably close friend) Averno. WWE earlier had Averno in for a tryout last October, the same tryout Mistico and Diamante were at (and which Durango Kid helped set up), but decided not to sign him at that time. Things have changed, and Averno secretly signed with WWE during their last tour of Mexico.

It’s worth noting this is not actually an expanded WWE raid of CMLL luchadors or lucha style wrestlers in general. They want Averno to fill a specific need. I do not believe this directly increases (or decreases) their chances of signing anyone else from Mexico. To put it simply, WWE signing Averno does not mean they’re about to sign Fantasma or Sombra or anyone else.

This is also a big risk for Averno; he’s coming in for a defined spot, but there may not be plans past that; compare Averno to Tyson Kidd, who works the style they WWE prefers, is very good at it, and is barely on their roster. Dropping your mask and going to WWE in hopes of a big push worked out for Alberto Del Rio, but not so much for Rey Ortiz. Since the plan is for him to work against Sin Cara, I expect he will be brought to the main roster quickly, and not go to FCW.

Averno has not informed CMLL of his WWE signing. Instead, Averno only told their programming department he wanted to lost his mask ASAP and, if they weren’t willing to do it, he would go to whichever outside promoter could pay him the most to drop it. CMLL agreed to do it there and scrambled their plans for June (a cage match which would’ve included the Gen11/Rayos feud and probably other rivalries; no loser had been definitively been decided), putting Averno’s mask loss in on 06/17. Mascara Dorada would’ve been the preferred choice to win the mask, but he’s locked in with NJPW comittements. It’s unknown if other people were considered, but CMLL is said to be a very divided and unhappy place at the moment, and politics surely played some role in the decision (as they do in most.)

As I write this, I believe upper CMLL management is still unaware of Averno signing with WWE (though I’m the impression that many other people in the company, which again speaks to the fractured nature of CMLL) and would’ve been when the card for next Friday was announced. Averno is not yet on any of the big six cards next week (GDL/Puebla/Mexico/Coliseo), but I do not believe that has anything to do with this news, and he is scheduled to work shows in Queretaro (Tuesday) and Xalapa (Wednesday).

I have declined to post about this because of that, and because early release of this information may cost people’s jobs, and may cost Averno a big payday. That’s not really worth being first, to me. I’m posting this story now because the word has gotten out to enough people that there’s really no way it can be kept as a secret any more. SuperLuchas has put the Averno to WWE portion on their cover, out today, though they are not confirming the mask loss.

It’s possible that CMLL may pull the match – as much for the betrayal as the result getting out – (though that would mean Averno would just find someone else to pay for the mask), but the CMLL way tends to be to ignore the world around them. Also, they’d be able to beat soon to be WWE star on the way out, and CMLL thinks that would mean a lot to their fans. We’ll see.

Sorry I had to spoil this result for everyone. Didn’t want to know who was going to win myself, but can’t tell this story without telling that part.

Looking at it he may have signed but isnt joining them for a month or so so i'll add him to a PPA deal with both CMLL and WWE

Kongo Kong - Midcard Heel in JCW

kongokong.jpg

Birth Month - March

Birth Year - 1979

Status - Active Wrestler

Style - Brawler

Size - Super Heavyweight

Personality & Attitude - Normal

Face/Heel Gimmick - Monster

Main Finisher - Oh Shit Body Splash (Pinfall)

Other Finisher - Choke Slam (Pinfall)

Bio - Kongo Kong wrestles for Insane Clown Posse's JCW. He is a very agile Super Heavyweight. He is usually managed by Truth Martini.

Language Skills & Favored Role

English - Fluent

Favored Role - Wrestler to Usually & everything else to never.

Popularity - 2% in all the US except 5% in the Great Lakes.

Stats

Brawling - 45

Power - 78

Strong Style - 16

Hardcore - 29

MMA Style - 0

Mat Work - 10

Chain Wrestling - 10

Submissions - 10

Aerial - 25

Flashiness - 20

Microphone - 24

Charisma - 58

Acting - 50

Looks - 67

Superstar Quality - 39

Basics - 35

Psychology - 30

Safety - 66

Consistency - 68

Selling - 66

Athleticism - 33

Toughness - 88

Stamina - 35

Intensity - 67

Stiffness - 44

Resilience - 70

Menace - 90

Refereeing - 0

Business Skill - 0

Booking Skill - 0

Respect - 3

Performance

Babyface - Medium

Heel - Good

Cool - Medium

Cocky - Medium

Crazy - Good

Legit - Good

Comedy - Weak

Weasel - Weak

Brute - Good

Weird - Medium

Wholesome - Weak

Physical - 100% in all categories

he's been added however he will be listed under his wider used indy name of Osyris.

1PW Openweight champion is Noam Dar. Don't think he's on there yet so will do some more studying and try and give you details on him in the not too distant future.

For now i might do a basic copy of somebody simalar.

Upcoming Impact spoilers:

-Mr. Anderson wrestled Eric Young who was dressed as The Great Muta. Gunner comes out and tries to distract the referee but it allows Young to spit mist in the eyes of Anderson. After a moonsault Young pinned Anderson. After the match, Anderson and Gunner beat down Young until Sting made the save.

I'd say this qualifies as a full fledge heel turn for Anderson.

Upcoming Impact spoilers:

-Mr. Anderson wrestled Eric Young who was dressed as The Great Muta. Gunner comes out and tries to distract the referee but it allows Young to spit mist in the eyes of Anderson. After a moonsault Young pinned Anderson. After the match, Anderson and Gunner beat down Young until Sting made the save.

I'd say this qualifies as a full fledge heel turn for Anderson.

Is that for the Thursday 2nd of June Impact?