July 2011 EWR New Promotions Discussion

Hi all

Dont know if this has been asked but what is the situation with like British Promotions? I feel maybe one or two would made the game a bit more interesting.

It's a game based in North America. That's why there are no British or Japanese feds.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

To be honest I thought Britain or Europe was a setting for promotions but its not. haha

Would take a bit of work I guess since most of the promotions are small except 1PW

The problem is the only countries you can have a promotion in for EWR is America, Canada or Mexico, not Germany, Great Brittan, Ireland, Italy, Japan or anywhere else.

Just a couple notes...

Not gonna put in Urban Wrestling Federation yet... Let's see where they go and go from there... IIRC, WFX was suggested to be added in on much the same scale, but I haven't heard anything from them... Have they ever updated their site even? They're still selling tickets for an event that was to take place in October of 2010...

The game only allows North American promotions. So, that means no Japanese or British feds. Kinda unfortunate, as I'd like to add Pro Wrestling EVE, but they're British, so no go there.

If you got the June update, you know that FIP was removed, simply because at least 1/3 of their roster was either not in the game, or already in 3 other promotions. I've pretty much decided which promotion will replace them and I intend to remove at least one more promotion (and add another in it's place) by the time the July update is out. I'm pretty sure who I'm gonna remove (you should know too, based on this post) but have not decided who will be added in their place. I'll keep looking here for ideas.

-Bill

I think that Mexico should me more considered (One or two more promotions, and many other wrestlers one the data).

I have many issues with Mexican promotions. While I won't go as far to say "Never Gonna Happen," it'd take a LOT for me to add another.

My reasons:

1: I'm already SEVERELY backlogged with workers to add. Adding a Mexican promotion sounds like I'd be adding more workers. Once the backlog is gone, it's not as big of an issue.

2: Worker's names. So many of these guys seem to use the SAME DAMN GIMMICK... If US promotions were like this, we'd have 15 "Stone Cold" names by now.

3: Just a guess, but Mexican wrestlers don't seem to be the most loyal people on the planet. I'm under the impression that AAA and CMLL are big rivals, but these guys flip flop rosters more than some people change underwear. I've honestly considered making CMLL and AAA one promotion in the game just with a roster split, so I'd just have to change the roster the worker is on when they switch for the umpteenth time. This leads into...

4: Roster fluidity. it seems there are people leaving and (re)joining AAA and CMLL EVERY MONTH! I'm under the impression that I'll never get their roster 100% right, because it seems to change by the hour.

I'll be posting in the Update thread soon, with the announcement of the promotion that will be replacing FIP.

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I think that Mexico should me more considered (One or two more promotions, and many other wrestlers one the data).

I have many issues with Mexican promotions. While I won't go as far to say "Never Gonna Happen," it'd take a LOT for me to add another.

My reasons:

1: I'm already SEVERELY backlogged with workers to add. Adding a Mexican promotion sounds like I'd be adding more workers. Once the backlog is gone, it's not as big of an issue.

2: Worker's names. So many of these guys seem to use the SAME DAMN GIMMICK... If US promotions were like this, we'd have 15 "Stone Cold" names by now.

3: Just a guess, but Mexican wrestlers don't seem to be the most loyal people on the planet. I'm under the impression that AAA and CMLL are big rivals, but these guys flip flop rosters more than some people change underwear. I've honestly considered making CMLL and AAA one promotion in the game just with a roster split, so I'd just have to change the roster the worker is on when they switch for the umpteenth time. This leads into...

4: Roster fluidity. it seems there are people leaving and (re)joining AAA and CMLL EVERY MONTH! I'm under the impression that I'll never get their roster 100% right, because it seems to change by the hour.

I'll be posting in the Update thread soon, with the announcement of the promotion that will be replacing FIP.

-Bill

I disagree with that entirely. AAA and CMLL have calmed down of late. The only possible jump is Astro Boy. The problem really is AAA and CMLL never really stating that guys are done and introducing new characters that are the same guy or become a new guy elsewhere. Case in point, Hijo de Pirata Morgan was Drake Morgan years ago and introduced as a new wrestler entirely. The only thing close to this are guys in CHIKARA who work in CHIKARA as one name and is something else in other promotions.

I do agree with the multiple wrestlers wrestling as Histeria or Psicosis, this makes a true problem. There's guys like Kaoma Jr who wrestled as a Histeria briefly as a replacement while there are three others who worked full time under the gimmick. Or in other cases there are unrelated wrestlers who have the same gimmick.

Just so you know, I said I've considered it... Not that I'm gonna do it... :)

Now, that I've officially announced JCW, I'll be looking for a promotion to replace WFX (If my last post didn't confirm it, there you go). I'll look more into this thread this weekend, but feel free to continue adding suggestions.

-Bill

I still maintain that IWA rather needs an extreme overhaul or it needs to be removed.

I think PWS, based out of New York, would be a good addition. Their roster (from their website):

Adam Cole

Alexa Thatcher

Alexxis Neveah

Amazing Red

Annie Social

August Wright

Brian XL

Brutus Beefcake

Bull Moose Calhoun

Butterbean

Dan Maff

Danny DeManto

Davey Richards

Devious

Devon Moore

Eddie Kingston

Fala

Javi Air

Joe Ayyo (Joe Ettell)

Joel Maximo

Justin Corino

Kenny Omega

Kevin Matthews

Kronik the Clown

Low Ki

Lucifer Darksyde

Maifu

Matt Cross

Necro Butcher

Ox Baker (Manager)

Pinkie Sanchez

Poison Pen

Portia Perez

Rich Swann

Road Dogg

Sabu

Saifu

Sami Callihan

Shiima Xion

Sid Vicious

Sonjay Dutt

Timmy Aiight

Tony Nese

Velvet Sky

Wes Draven

Mick Foley (commissioner)

Larry Legend (ring announcer)

Rich Bass (ref)

Brett Lauderdale (ref)

Chris Tocco (staff)

Nate Stein (staff)

Peter Rosenberg (staff)

Other visitors have included Paul Burchill, Elijah Burke, AJ Styles. They run regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Phenomenal Red

I still maintain that IWA rather needs an extreme overhaul or it needs to be removed.

I think PWS, based out of New York, would be a good addition. Their roster (from their website):

Adam Cole

Alexa Thatcher

Alexxis Neveah

Amazing Red

Annie Social

August Wright

Brian XL

Brutus Beefcake

Bull Moose Calhoun

Butterbean

Dan Maff

Danny DeManto

Davey Richards

Devious

Devon Moore

Eddie Kingston

Fala

Javi Air

Joe Ayyo (Joe Ettell)

Joel Maximo

Justin Corino

Kenny Omega

Kevin Matthews

Kronik the Clown

Low Ki

Lucifer Darksyde

Maifu

Matt Cross

Necro Butcher

Ox Baker (Manager)

Pinkie Sanchez

Poison Pen

Portia Perez

Rich Swann

Road Dogg

Sabu

Saifu

Sami Callihan

Shiima Xion

Sid Vicious

Sonjay Dutt

Timmy Aiight

Tony Nese

Velvet Sky

Wes Draven

Mick Foley (commissioner)

Larry Legend (ring announcer)

Rich Bass (ref)

Brett Lauderdale (ref)

Chris Tocco (staff)

Nate Stein (staff)

Peter Rosenberg (staff)

Other visitors have included Paul Burchill, Elijah Burke, AJ Styles. They run regularly.

I think Adam Cole and a few others are maxed out on promotions and I think there are too many north east indies out there in the game right now.

I know they will not run again until September (due to being a traditional pay-per view promotion) but I am still all for putting Urban Wrestling Federation into the game.

The Crews of UWF

Red Cafe and Melle Mel (NYC): Eddie Kingston, Facade, Daemon Sluggga, The Maximos.

GLOCC 44L (California): Willie Mack, Famous B, Eddie Carnage, Brian XL, Lance Lude.

Big Block (Atlanta): Rasche Brown, Big Business, Murder One, Grim Reefer and Ruckus.

Uncle Murda (NYC): Homicide, The Dirty Rotten Scoundrelz, Slyck Wagner Brown, The Dirty Rotten Scoundrelz.

Brisco (OPA Locka): Rich Ortiz, Ghetto Mafia, Scorpio Sky, Bandido Jr.

Billy Blue (Miami): Bestia 666, (BLK) Jeez, Steve Mack, Buck Chyld.

Cuban Link : Ricky Reyes, BC Killer.

I don't post here very often, but I've been playing and updating my EWR from this site for quite a long time.

One promotion I know of that isn't very popular is called Alpha-1 Wrestling. www.alpha-1wrestling.com

They run regularly in Hamilton, ON and have quite the extensive youtube channel too if you search for them.

They have local stars including "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin from ROH and bring in tons of indy names. This year they have had Petey Williams, Shima Xion, Sonjay Dutt, Colin Delaney, Cheech, Brodie Lee and last year had stars like the Super Smash Bros. and Bushwacker Luke. They also had Gary Goodridge of UFC fame as a guest.

As well as running monthly shows February through October (take winters off as the weather in Ontario tends to be nasty) they are debuting the RPI tournament on July 31st, which is the 'Randy Poffo Invitational' and 100% of the proceeds from the event are going to the Heart & Stroke Foundation in Randy's honour.

So ya, just another promotion to throw out there that most people probably haven't heard about but are a very solid company right now. And to boot, they also have an IPPV deal with Go Fight Live!

Again, just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Phenomenal Red

For what it's worth, I just went to the WFX site and it's apparently undergoing reconstruction. All the old pages have been torn down and replaced with a coming soon type banner... so I'd say they're suggesting we'll hear more from them soon.

Yeah but they are nearly in the same place they have been in months.

I still say UWF would be a good choice to add and so will All Wheels Wrestling they will have a TV show on SPEED starting in January and have named 4 talents alread: J.R.(Jay) Lethal, (Sonjay) Schwagg Dutt, Dubai(Shawn Daivari) and Aaron Aguilera.

Guest twisted_time48

Add Elite Xtreme Wrestling - EXW.

The on-screen GM Steve Osbourne posts a lot on the IGN message boards. He said to check out the promotion. I went to the website, and I'm impressed. Here's a link to their website. http://www.elitextremewrestling.com/EXW/EXW_Elite_Xtreme_Wrestling_Arizona.html

Remove: NWA Anarchy, NWA Hollywood, ECCW, basically all NWA's.