July 2011 EWR New Promotions Discussion

Guest twisted_time48

Remove: NWA Anarchy, NWA Hollywood, ECCW, basically all NWA's.

Ummmm WHY?

No one uses them, they're really small, and basically no one signs with them.

Ummmm WHY?

I beg to differ, while yes they are small companies, most of them have some great talent and I personally do play as these companies, it is only a couple of months sine NWA Force 1 was added and removing them would make the game seriously less worth downloading as NWA is a huge piece of Wrestling.

Ummmm WHY?

I beg to differ, while yes they are small companies, most of them have some great talent and I personally do play as these companies, it is only a couple of months sine NWA Force 1 was added and removing them would make the game seriously less worth downloading as NWA is a huge piece of Wrestling.

I'm with Marco on this one. He's got a great point. Without the NWA back in the 50's and 60's there would be no wrestling period today.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Ummmm WHY?

I'm with Marco on this one. He's got a great point. Without the NWA back in the 50's and 60's there would be no wrestling period today.

Yeah and today besides a few namely the Marquez projects (Pro-Wrestling and Hollywood) and NWA Anarchy most NWAs are just the same as any other indy. Out of the NWAs, I'd want to see NWA East removed mainly due to the roster issues.

Ummmm WHY?

Yeah and today besides a few namely the Marquez projects (Pro-Wrestling and Hollywood) and NWA Anarchy most NWAs are just the same as any other indy. Out of the NWAs, I'd want to see NWA East removed mainly due to the roster issues.

I'm with tghe rest of these guys. Not to mention the fact that removing companies just cause they're small defeats the entire purpose of having the different image levels. For the game to properly represent the industry it needs both big AND small promotions. Also, removing ECCW especially would really bother me not only because I'm almost in their territory (and the company that DOES cover my area isn't in the game) but also because there's already a serious lack of companies from outside the US, which AGAIN shows a misrepresentation of the industry, AND because a lot of pretty solid indy talent that works for them have (for the previous reason) had all their other companies removed already, and would be left in unemployment limbo if it was removed. I don't know a lot about a lot of the rest of them, but I will argue the removal of ECCW to the death.

I like how you suggested to add a promotion with a roster that's not really in the game (most of them anyway). Yet you want all the NWA feds gone because "No one uses them, they're really small, and basically no one signs with them." No one knows Elite Xtreme Wrestling & they would be smaller than most of the NWA feds.

The game is a North American wrestling sim, which is why there is a lack of companies from outside the US.

Edited by DoubleJ13

Guest mr. potato head

Speaking as a Canadian, I think there's a pretty good reason why there's not that many Canadian companies. Aside from some of the southern Ontario feds which all use the same rosters, does anyone even run regularly anymore?

There's also a serious lack of Canadian companies, which is what I was getting at by saying it would be worsened by removing one of the only (I think) 2 in the game. At that point it ceases to be "North American" and becomes US exclusive.

As long as Mexico is around the data will never become US exclusive

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I like how you suggested to add a promotion with a roster that's not really in the game (most of them anyway). Yet you want all the NWA feds gone because "No one uses them, they're really small, and basically no one signs with them." No one knows Elite Xtreme Wrestling & they would be smaller than most of the NWA feds.

The game is a North American wrestling sim, which is why there is a lack of companies from outside the US.

I live in Arizona and never heard of EXW. I've heard of Action Zone Wrestling but I am not sure if they still work here. The problem is you saying the NWA is legit. Get your head out of the sand, besides the Marquez promotions and Anarchy, the NWA letters mean NOTHING today. The only legitimacy the NWA has were being used by TNA for their first five years and their titles being used in CMLL until Blue Demon Jr. got the rights to a Mexican NWA associate. The NWA just adds a SLIGHT link to the past for any promotion that adds the NWA initials to the promotion name.

There's also a serious lack of Canadian companies, which is what I was getting at by saying it would be worsened by removing one of the only (I think) 2 in the game. At that point it ceases to be "North American" and becomes US exclusive.

The problem is BCW, BSE, IWS, Stampede, and UWA all shut down. Yes I know, BCW and BSE merged into MaxPro but that roared like a lion off the start and now is whimpering like a Giselle about to be eaten by a lion. ISW while popular, books irregularly and "is too goofy." There are only WFX (which has been largely inactive the past few months hence why it is getting removed from the game,) NCW which Bill would like to add due to their Femme Fatales off-shoot and PCW. Everything else shut down

I myself would like to see more American lucha and Mexican promotions in the game but the reality is:

1. Rosters are irregular (even luchawiki lists 90 worker wrestle for AAA and over 100 workers for CMLL) Not all the wrestlers are entirely active in the promotion such as Jessy and Yuriko in AAA.
  2. Mexico has a LOT of guys quietly leave promotions or are not booked for months and they are still listed on the roster
  3. The nature of the masks: as seen with CHIKARA, you can have duplicates EASY because guys wrestle for the same or different promotions under different gimmicks.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Removing the NWA promotions would be a kick in the teeth to the heritage of wrestling. For me it's vital that they're kept in. As long as they're active and current I don't see why anyone would want them gone.

NWA Anarchy and Fusion(IF it is added) should be the only two. The only other promotion I would say is in the same category is a Charlotte based promotion but they had problems keeping open. Elsewise there is really no connection other than the letters "NWA." Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but the NWA name does not mean shit anymore and it won't until there is a promotion (like TNA) to use their big titles. The NWA was big until WCW left in 1993 and was briefly brought back to life when WWE, TNA and to a lesser extent RoH used the NWA titles on their shows.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I think that WFX are in the middle of re-branding or something, hence the inactivity. Hopefully, when they come back they can be considered to get a place in EWR.

The problem is they get put in and then they are inactve for most of 2011. They should be removed for a promotion with others that should be in there like PWS (http://www.bedofnailz.com/pwshome.html) (though due to locations, I don't think the fed should be added with ROH having their big shows in Manhattan, Chikara promoted out of Philly, CZW promoted out of Philly, JAPW promoted out of Jersey, WSU promoted out of Jersey, NWA East(formally PWX) out of Pennsylvania and IWC out of western Pennsylvania) the Urban Wrestling Federation(http://www.urbanwrestlingfederation.com/) and Pro Wrestling Fusion (http://www.prowrestlingfusion.com/)

Pro Wrestling Fusion has a lot of stuff online to get stats from, as well as the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship. I think they should be added. I still strongly maintain that IWA rather needs a major overhaul or it needs to be removed. I'd say if no one does it by the end of July, remove it. Same with IWC. Groundbreaking Wrestling, Greg Excellent's promotion, would be another good addition, as well.

Edited by KrisClassic